GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

786km on the GRiSO today...

Go down 
+3
beetle
Papa Lazarou
Lazlokovacs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

786km on the GRiSO today... Empty
PostSubject: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Fri May 27, 2022 10:37 am

and gearing up for about the same tomorrow.

As that was my first proper long run on the beast, my observations/questions...

- what a bike!! that engine is just so bloody good at almost all gears/speeds, also absolutely loving my maxton suspension, power on rails!

-having done a gazillion miles on carbed tontis, gotta say having that superlight FI throttle is like mana from heaven on a long trip.

-sheepskin and an airhawk meant the seat was fine for me all the way, I think the last couple of hours would've been torture without them. lowered pegs are great too, the riding position is actually really quite effortless.

-top speed is still out of my grasp, I accidentally found myself in the two hundreds a couple of times, engine felt like it had plenty more.

-I have the original guzzi 'large' windscreen on there, which does a good enough job of keeping some strain off the neck muscles, but cruising at 150-160kmph it certainly generates a lot of noise. Has anyone come up with a better screen for wind protection at high speeds? The threads I've found on here seem to be more about finding a screen that works aesthetically which is not really my concern...

-has anyone here ever come up with a way to flip the horn and indicator back the 'right' way round? When that truck pulled out in front of me all I could do was punch the indicator switch, some habits are deeply ingrained... I was thinking maybe a separate horn button which could be mounted below the switchgear if it was swivelled up a bit...

That's all I got

Ride safe everyone!

Steak, GhostBullet, SMTCapeCod and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Fri May 27, 2022 11:47 am

We all hit the indicator switch in anger... Smile

I miss the heavy clutch of the Tontis-not.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Fri May 27, 2022 1:44 pm

weird... my tonti has a much lighter clutch than my GRiSO!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Fri May 27, 2022 4:41 pm

When I was using the factory "big" screen, I found adjusting the angle (even just a smidge) helped.
After that, it was a case of turning the music up louder....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Deepdive
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Deepdive

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Fri May 27, 2022 11:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Original windscreen for sale in my country.
Of course i can help purchase and send.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sat May 28, 2022 12:57 am

While it is undeniably a hideous eyesore the huge screen I have on the Shitter really works extremely well. Problem is it's also a license looser!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sat May 28, 2022 3:15 am

interesting.... thanks guys

Pete... I imagine you're looking just over the top edge of the barn door right?

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Sat May 28, 2022 4:05 am

Yup. I haven't ridden in a downpour yet but in light rain it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Tue May 31, 2022 2:04 pm

couple of interesting things...

bike went past 17000kms on my long trip, just took it out for a spin now

motor feels better than ever, could be the famous guzzi long break in period

I'm truly loving this bike, it's just starting to grab me in a deep way!

on the negative side, I now have a pop on the overrun, every single time I give it a handful, at the end of it's decel, it goes -pop-

It has never, ever done this before.

Tbs were synched etc about 1500kms ago, I'm running beetle's excellent map with mistral high pipe and Db killer.

One thing that may be of note, I've never ever seen such a clean exhaust on a combustion-engined vehicle, the db killer is a dull red, not a trace of soot anywhere, could this be a clue?

Over to the experts.......

Oh, one other question, what's the best place to pick up fused, keyed 12v for heated grips?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Tue May 31, 2022 3:43 pm

Regarding the pop on the over-run. Most IC engines run rich on the over-run (carbs much worse than FI), so an air leak causes the fuel to burn in the exhaust. Most likely a loosening exhaust nut at the header - allows air to be drawn in behind the exhaust pulse.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Tue May 31, 2022 3:51 pm

Fuses A&B fed by the switched V&N wire ( green & black).
So after the fuses they are fuse A = Green & Fuse B = yellow

Btw congratulations on 786km most i have ever done in a day was 704km on a CB550F2 - it was murder and i had a young man's arse muscles then.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:29 am

lcjohnny thank you very much

right exhuast was lucy juicy

I've done a fair few 1000+ miles days on the Cali!! If only I was fastidious (sad/anal/billynomates) enough to have kept my fuel receipts, then I could have an ironbutt plaque on my vehicle!!

cheers

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:42 am

Laz,

"Has anyone come up with a better screen for wind protection at high speeds? The threads I've found on here seem to be more about finding a screen that works aesthetically which is not really my concern..."

You could use one like Pete's and cut off about 8-10" to make it look better but I bet it keeps the wind off of him. I use the one in the pictures. Parabellum Scout. You can get shields for it as high as you want. Mine came with a 10" which did a good job but I decided it was too ugly and asked them for an 8" ($50 USD). It does a good job. The wind hits me in the helmet, which I'm ok with and it you want to go 120MPH you just duck in behind it. It's extremely sturdy and made for the GRiSO so it fits around the turn signals (OEM). Some people here think its ugly but I'd never ride without it. I took it off to take the bike in to have the forks serviced and it was a completely different ride. Parabellum used to let you try one out for 30 days, but that may just be for the US. I like some protection. Good luck with your search.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 786km on the GRiSO today...   786km on the GRiSO today... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

786km on the GRiSO today...
Page 1 of 1