GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

1100 dash fading issues..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

1100 dash fading issues.. Empty
PostSubject: 1100 dash fading issues..   1100 dash fading issues.. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:14 pm

My 07 started developing a problem where I have a blind spot in the middle of the dash display.
I'm pretty sure that it's related to the hot sun beating on it since it's parked outside at work.
So... in the grand scheme of things, I will need to source a new dash eventually since it's not gonna get any better.
As of now, I can't see my speed first digit all that great since it comes on right in the middle of that square display where the crystals are burned.

Is this going to interfere with the ECU if I get a replacement?
I know that they're connected to each other so it could be tricky...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 1100 dash fading issues..   1100 dash fading issues.. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:54 pm

No, it's a straight swap. Is the fading there all the time or just when you start up when it's been sitting? The only one I've seen that went out 'Permanently' was that sad old Stelvio that seemed to have lived its life in the sun in Cairns!

Anyway, if you do replace it I suggest covering the binacle with a shower cap if it sits in the sun the whole time. Over here my bikes live in my carport but if I go somewhere in hot weather and park I just leave my gloves on the dash to shade it. It doesn't take much.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: 1100 dash fading issues..   1100 dash fading issues.. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:04 pm

Fading's there all the time, it's just a round spot about 2.5 cm in diameter in the middle of the display.
I have been covering the dash with my gloves since (both bikes) and I'm doing logistics to find a spot to park the bikes in the shade.
Glad to hear that it's simple swap then...
I'll start looking for a unit on ebay.

Thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 1100 dash fading issues..   1100 dash fading issues.. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:34 pm

Swap is simple but if you are buying a second hand unit it MUST come with a known user code, otherwise it's a paperweight. This doesn't apply to a new dash as they haven't been assigned to any keys yet but a second hand one will not recognise your keys and will ask for the user code before allowing the dash to function or the bike to start.

If it has a known user code you can enter it when asked and then go into the menu and use the 'Change the code' function to re-set it to whatever you want but if you don't know the code it will just sit there telling you to insert the code until the battery goes flat or you open your veins in frustration!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: 1100 dash fading issues..   1100 dash fading issues.. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:40 pm

Ahhhhhh... I thought I read a while back about key recognition thing etc...
Damn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1100 dash fading issues..   1100 dash fading issues.. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

1100 dash fading issues..
Page 1 of 1