GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?

Go down 
+3
Brent S
beetle
Pete Roper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Empty
PostSubject: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:37 am

Probably a hopeless ask but I'm hoping someone might know the owner of the wreck I just bought?

It was, I think, registered in Queensland as it's supposed NSW rego of GT900 is listed to a Honda Accord! Laughing whereas there was a Qld bike with that plate. VIN is ZGULSG003CM111569 and I think from its engine number it's a roller motor.

Main interest is if someone knows the previous owner I might be able to get the second key and/or the user code. Either of which mean that the dash can be salvaged.

PM me with any info please. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:17 am

Yay! Towie just told me it's got two working keys! cheers

lcjohnny and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:53 am

A few pics taken from the auctioneers website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm off to pick it up tomorrow. It's a real shame it can't be put back on the road....
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:42 am

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:37 am

Geez, doesn’t take much to write them off does it? Maybe the frame is bent or something, but by the looks it could have been ridden home in a pinch. Maybe?

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:17 am

I've had this several times lately. That Cali 14 we just did the gearbox on had an agreed value of $23k and that is the only reason it wasn't written off! All it was was the gearbox preselector arm had been bent, (Although we couldn't tell that until we had it out and apart.) but the reason given by most assessors is "These bikes are impossible to get parts for."!

Now yes, we are entering the stage where a lot of parts are being discontinued but there is NOTHING on this GRiSO that isn't readily available. Shit! Most of it I have on the shelf!

Yes, I may find something serious when I get it home but having a good squizz at the pics as I did and knowing Grisos as well as I do the damage seems to have been sustained in a medium speed low-side on the right. The rocker cover is ground throug and the 'Wing' looks like it has minor damage but it looks like the seat has simply been removed. The tailpiece and rear light are intact. Even the oil cooler cover doesn't look too beaten up!

Grisos crash well, just ask Mark! He throws his away on an all too regular basis but it's never imposed any terminal damage to itself. Unlike the Spineframes which can write themselves off by simply rolling off the sidestand awkwardly, (They bust their timing chests as the spine flexes! They are lovely, but really fragile!) it takes a pretty serious whack to put a GRiSO out of commission. I really can't see any reason, (Yet!) why this one got the 'Thumbs Down' but sadly, in New South Wales, there is no such thing as a 'Repairable write off'. Once something is written off it can never go back on the road.

I did have an interesting conversation with the 'Damaged Vehicle' inspector at the motor registry who was in fact very sympathetic and is actually doing some research to see if I could slip it through if I bought it a new frame but he thinks not. He too said it was infuriating and sympathised but his hands are tied by the poorly thought out and simplistic legislation.

Oh well. I suppose all I can do is keep my eyes open for bikes with blown motors or pre roller models that have succumbed to flat tappet-itis. All I need is a legal frame and this one can live again......
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:49 pm

Looks like another good save, Pete!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:31 am

Well rescued Pete

Hope it pays for itself
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:31 am

I really don't want to have to part it out. It's just too good. Not even the steering stops are broken. It just had a small nap and a slide. Writing it off I'd ridiculous and incredibly wasteful.

It has one of those swanky CARC reaction rods though. That might just *Fall* onto the yellow bike.... Smile
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:21 pm

Over here it would simply be repaired and re-registered with a salvage title which might limit value and buyer pool but it would live to fight another day
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:17 pm

Sadly this is not an option in NSW although I'm going to have a bit of a try, even though I think it's pointless.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:08 pm

My first thought looking through the pictures..... "That's a wreck? scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:19 pm

I'll get some better close-ups when it's on the bench. It's criminal!

The most seriously damaged bit of it is the airbox as it's got one of those shitty 'Lid eliminators' and a K&N in it.

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:23 am

I suppose making it into an off-roader is out of the question ?

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:26 am

I hope that isn't a serious suggestion.
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:33 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I hope that isn't a serious suggestion.

Not really, just checking in to see if P.R. was awake.

(However, my fellow Philistines here in the U.S. have done worse things, much worse )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?   Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Written off 2012 GRiSO. Black. Have you owned it?
Page 1 of 1