GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

While I'm getting rid of crap......

Go down 
+5
beetle
Oz1200Guzzi
Steak
ratso88
Pete Roper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

While I'm getting rid of crap...... Empty
PostSubject: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:28 pm

Does anyone want a RH exit exhaust? Guaranteed to burn the heel of your right boot, make you hated by the public and targeted by the police with the added benefit of making the bike run like a dog, especially at the bottom end.

It's a nice piece of fabrication, just a really shitty pipe. Anyway, free to anyone who wants it in exchange for a factory pretzel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pics of it fitted to the wreck obviously.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:16 am

I'd say yes but the performance, ergonomic and esthetic enhancements force me to say thank you no.

Rolling Eyes

Could become wall art or chopped up and made into a, I don't know, a bong?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Where is The GRiSO Hoon?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm

The GRiSO Hoon is a Stealth Hoon who doesn't need to make a noise like a malfunctioning ore crusher to get his point across......
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:48 pm

I get it, just musing about a potential buyer...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:53 pm

Free to anyone who'll pay postage. I think Mark even has a map that makes it a bit better than usual but it's still way too short and will still burn your foot!😂
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:56 pm

Shame it can't be changed to the l/h side like mine is. Same manufacturer but with pretzel.

BTW I like mine and it's quiet compared to the V85TT exhaust I have. Quiet might be subjective though.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:16 pm

Send it to me and I’ll video myself smashing it with a hammer.
Then we can throw it in the fire at the next cabal.

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:03 am

Does it run as bad on a 1100 as it does on the 1200?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:07 pm

No idea, never tried.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:39 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
No idea, never tried.

I'm tempted as I happen to find it a very pretty sleek pipe with the benefit of a beautiful open view of the rear wheel, but in that case I will pass as I don't want to lose my dear pretzel and end up with a bike that "runs like a dog" and wakes up my neighbours.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:15 pm

No need to send me yer pretzel. I'll send you the pipe, if you decide you like it and want to use it? Then send me the pretzel. Ts not that I actually need another pretzel right now as I'll be getting Bryan's (?) one in exchange for all the PC/GT munt off the wreck but they're not making them any more and so many have been removed and discarded when they are actually a good thing that I don't want them just thrown away or mouldering in garages when they could be making people's bikes run better.

PM me yer address and I'll box it up and see how much it'll cost to send.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:18 pm

Wow, Pete, that is a great offer but I decided not to go for it. I really very much dislike loud pipes: I happen to live not too far (2 km) from a very popular tourist route and in the summer it happens several times a day that I can hear (from inside my house, 2 km distance!) those stupid Harleys ("Loud Pipes Save Lives") and the occasional Jap bike racing down the highway.
So better not to follow their terrible example.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:23 pm

And that boot- or foot-burning part also worries me!  Smile

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:07 pm

No worries. It is, to my mind, horribly loud. Back in the depths of time when people were still learning stuff about engines loud, 'Open' pipes made a degree of sense from a performance standpoint. Nowadays? Not so much.

Living where I do on the edge of town I too get the 'Benefits' of the open piped Harley contingent leaving town on a Sunday morning in summer. It is made infinitely worse by the fact that they are so fucking s-l-o-w they take forever to get out of earshot! At least the 4-cylinder screamer brigade are gone in a few seconds.......
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:23 am

I'm curious. If it sounds anything like Tony's GT pipe, it will sound fantastic, especially on the overrun.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:48 am

Have it and have a play. I think it's a nasty, bratty, horror.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:46 am

I'm good. I like my Mistral.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
orngm2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
orngm2

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:54 am

Pm sent Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:25 pm

Theoretically, well I like to think it has some semblance of a theory, an open exhaust on a 2 valve engine can indeed help. However, it will take lots of remapping to get it so. I went through this on my Sport (previously mentioned by Beetle) and it took around 2 years of fiddling. Happy with where it ended up.

I must stress that even though it looks the same as mine (the design is basically the same, with removable endcap) my bike still has the original pretzel and is left side exit.

It is allegedly a reverse cone megaphone - I asked the specifications from the manufacturer but received no reply on the internals. A megaphone (a bit more theory) tunes the exhaust to the engine for a certain range of RPM, the reverse cone brings the exhaust into play a little earlier and softens the transition from "off the pipe" to " on the pipe" much like a 2-stroke exhaust - nothing, nothing, nothing, everything as you point at the sky.

In theory it could be made (modified) for a left side exit, using he pretzel and that will change its resonance and noise levels somewhat. Would be an interesting exercise but not for the 8V engine.

BYW My airbox is unmolested and I can cleanly pull from 2000 rpm to redline (8400) in most gears - 5th and 6th put my into losing my licence for years category so I simply don't do it. However the sweet spot is just over 4k and it's still pulling like a 15 year old with his first copy of Penthouse as it goes blurp, blurp, blurp. Gets a really good reaction from whoever is being overtaken when that happens.

Just saying, that's all. No need for a put down, a pull up or even a response.

Ravings of a certified lunatic!
Back to top Go down
charliebigonions
Carlotto
Carlotto
charliebigonions

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:38 pm

Hi Pete, Is this pipe still available? I'm not keen on swapping my pretzel for it but could hand over some of our famous plastic legal tender if that suits you. Is at yours? PM me if you feel that's a more appropriate response
Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: MeMeMeMe !!   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:12 pm

MoreMoreMore CrapCrapCrap Please?!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:43 pm

Pipe has gone to the US of A.

We're snowed under at the moment so I haven't been able to pull all the PC shit off the wreck yet but that's spoken for as well.

Sorry
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:37 pm

BruPo wrote:
MoreMoreMore CrapCrapCrap Please?!!

Well I'm slowly clearing out the King St. workshop so I'll probably be unearthing more crap as time goes by! I'll keep people posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: While I'm getting rid of crap......   While I'm getting rid of crap...... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

While I'm getting rid of crap......
Page 1 of 1