GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Damaged bevel box housing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fernando
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
fernando

Damaged bevel box housing Empty
PostSubject: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:02 pm

Hi Ghettoists. I recently bought an immaculate 06 1100 GRiSO - looked like it just came off the showroom floor with only 11000Km on the clock. Then - got taken out by an old lady not stopping at a stop sign. Anyway - the insurance co says its a total loss, but I can't let that happen to this bike - the 1100's are getting hard to find now. So I got paid out and retained the wreck, and now I can fix it myself.
   The biggest cost item on the list of parts needed is the rear bevel box housing - you know, the one with CARC lettering cast into the centre. You can't buy the housing - Guzzi will only sell an entire assembly with all the innards included - at a cost of nearly $6000. So of course, that item is the reason the bike was "unrepairable" -  without that expense, the cost of repairing the bike is not too bad.
   So my question is  - does anyone know where I can get hold of an outer bevel box housing, in GRiSO grey? Dave Ward at Moto Italia has some, but they are all the wrong colour. Alternatively, does anyone know if it is possible to re-finish them in the same colour as the GRiSO - I hesitate to say re-paint, as I don't know if that finish is actually paint.
  If I have to, I leave it battle scarred. But it would be nice to find an answer to this.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:08 pm

I've got cases, but not silver. Paint is cheap. I thought all the 1100's had the brown Bevelboxes. That's what I've got.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:05 pm

mine is grey too
Back to top Go down
fernando
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
fernando

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:32 am

Jeez - I thought it was grey but now all I can see is brown! Is this what you mean by brown Pete?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:18 am

Yup. Pretty sure I've got an unmarked one of them! Thumbs Up

This is what shits me about insurance companies! They'll write off a bike due to a couple of small cosmetic things. Look at the black shitter I just bought! A holed rocker cover and a few light scrapes and it's deemed unfit to ever go back on the road! For heavens sakes it didn't even bust the lock stop on the lower fork yoke! Grrrrrr!
Back to top Go down
fernando
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
fernando

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:43 am

Excellent - I'll give you a call soon.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:45 pm

That little rash is just a battle scar.

I`d run it without a 2nd thought
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:16 am

Y:) doesnt it have a crack ?
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:47 pm

This is such a small damage I´d even consider to have the date of the accident engraved next to the road rash and ride it as is. Or - if you are into cosmetics - take a file and some sandpaper and let a professional painter do his magic. YOU will know, but nearly none else will see it.

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damaged bevel box housing   Damaged bevel box housing Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Damaged bevel box housing
Page 1 of 1