GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

They're still coming in.........

Go down 
+6
Tim Henry
Camphill
lcjohnny
Clancy
beetle
Pete Roper
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

They're still coming in......... Empty
PostSubject: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:00 pm

At the moment I have two spotless 8V's in for rollerisation, A 2008 with only 1,300km and a 2012 'Tenni' with 136 Km! Both are museum quality. Absolutely untouched.

In the next couple of months we've also got three more coming in for the treatment, two 8V Sports and another GRiSO! I reckon in years to come there will probably be more 8V's still on the road in Oz than just about anywhere else. I'll be long dead but no doubt owners will wonder how it was that so many of them, especially on the eastern seaboard, got caught before they trashed. cheers

Bill Hagan, Clancy, Ditchfinder, kindoy2, Svartipants, Stephen Lindsay and Transplant like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:54 pm

A '12 Tenni with 136km? Shocked

A '08 with 1300km? Shocked

Shocked

Egads! cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:21 am

I was wrong on the Tenni, that was the trip meter. It's done 1,600 km!

Once they're sorted I'll get a group photo with my three. My new paint for the GRiSO Turismo should be ready tomorrow. For summer I'm thinking of putting the Givi fairing on it. If it hasn't been done yet I'll get it colour matched to the rest of the Mazda red bodywork.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:20 pm

1600km is still bugger-all. Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 pm

While I think it's great that there are still pristine examples out there, I can't understand how you can own a GRiSO and never, ever, ride it.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:42 pm

In UK 50.2% of all GRiSO sold are still on the road (probably 50% of those owe it to the Ghetto and Charge Nurse Roper)

Another 27% are off the road - so some of those are pretty but not rollered and some are owned by tossers
Back to top Go down
Camphill
Carlotto
Carlotto
Camphill

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:14 pm

I Still have that complete 8V 1200 Sport Roller Kit here Pete .. That I need to off load ... Cheap
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:34 pm

And iI thought the 07 1100  I recently got with 12k miles was a freak of nature . They're made to ride not just look at but i do park it at work where i can see it helps pass the time

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:32 pm

You guys in Oz have the 8V 1200 sports ? I have been looking all over the USA for one of those. They did not import them here, but I've been hoping to find one somebody brought here for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:35 am

If I'm correct I don't think it is possible to bring a non-imported model in, at least to most states. There was a lot of discussion back in the day about this with the Bellagio, which was also never imported to the US. I know there are a few there but they are very few and required Byzantine inspections etc. to make them legal.

Best bet if you want one seriously would be find a 2008 2V Sport and just transplant an 8V motive unit into it. That would be engine, gearbox and clutch plus's throttlebodies. You might have to do a little bit of fucking about with other shit butit would be readily doable. Then just remap it and go.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:35 am

Bill Dee wrote:
You guys in Oz have the 8V 1200 sports ?  I have been looking all over the USA for one of those.  They did not import them here, but I've been hoping to find one somebody brought here for themselves.

Hamlin in CT is making custom Breva's w/8V motors in the bike. If you want one call Jim. He has orders backed up.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:20 pm

Tim Henry wrote:
And iI thought the 07 1100  I recently got with 12k miles was a freak of nature . They're made to ride not just look at but i do park it at work where i can see it helps pass the time

I only have 14K on my GRiSO, but I split my riding over several bikes...... GRiSO is still one of my favorites. Low miles is because I don't tour on it. The Norge and now 1200 Sport or Stornello TT get those duties.

I think some low miles are due to multiple bikes, but all too often people buy bikes, and ride a few times, then they sit in the garage. Good news for the enthusiast when they unload them. I bought my 1979 XS1100 in 1984 with 800 miles on it. It made too much power for the original owner. I bought it and put 120K on it over the next 12 years before retiring it. Still have the beauty, and will be in the garage next to my GRiSO when I am wheelchair bound.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:23 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
Bill Dee wrote:
You guys in Oz have the 8V 1200 sports ?  I have been looking all over the USA for one of those.  They did not import them here, but I've been hoping to find one somebody brought here for themselves.

Hamlin in CT is making custom Breva's w/8V motors in the bike. If you want one call Jim. He has orders backed up.

I think he is also dropping the 1400 motors into them...... Crazy.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:38 am

As seen at the Kentucky Rally last year.

Looked very well done, it's in the details. I understand it was not an easy plug and play swap.

Guaranteed to bust your Red Suspenders.

lcjohnny and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're still coming in.........   They're still coming in......... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

They're still coming in.........
Page 1 of 1