GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO, Dashed.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

GRiSO, Dashed.  Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO, Dashed.    GRiSO, Dashed.  Icon_minitime1Sat May 13, 2023 5:28 pm

I should have known better given the years of condensation forming on the dash over the years during rising in rain or heavy fog.  
Finally killed some of the dash.  
In hindsight I should have added more silicone around the housing where the plastic glass unions the dash.  
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO, Dashed.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO, Dashed.    GRiSO, Dashed.  Icon_minitime1Sat May 13, 2023 5:36 pm

I'm not sure that helps enormously. The vent in the back for the air pressure sensor allows moisture in.

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

GRiSO, Dashed.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO, Dashed.    GRiSO, Dashed.  Icon_minitime1Sat May 13, 2023 5:47 pm

I'm thinking better than doing nothing confused 🤔 😌
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO, Dashed.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO, Dashed.    GRiSO, Dashed.  Icon_minitime1Sat May 13, 2023 6:13 pm

We’ll it can’t do any harm.

Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

GRiSO, Dashed.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO, Dashed.    GRiSO, Dashed.  Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 4:28 am

I have a theory, which I haven't tried yet; to put a bit of Gore-Tex/equivalent over the vent as in theory that should stop any moisture getting in.

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

GRiSO, Dashed.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO, Dashed.    GRiSO, Dashed.  Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 4:34 am

Be keen to hear how that goes
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

GRiSO, Dashed.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO, Dashed.    GRiSO, Dashed.  Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 5:11 am

GhostBullet wrote:
In hindsight I should have added more silicone around the housing where the plastic glass unions the dash.  

In my recent starting issues, which I initially thought couldn't be Startus Interuptus, I went into the dash to clean all connections etc. The dash as we see it is just a clamshell, not trying too hard to be watertight. The clam itself, the dash unit, is a two piece unit 'sealed' with a black silicone of some sort. Excess was peeling off in my case. I ran a smear of clear around the entire perimeter along this union in hopes of stalling the moisture buildup. I have no idea if that will help. I've illustrated that seam here. I know this construction is well known to 99% of the assembled, but thought it may help future generations Smile.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JohnA, GhostBullet, Svartipants and ErikdeBrabander like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO, Dashed.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO, Dashed.    GRiSO, Dashed.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO, Dashed.
Page 1 of 1