GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Wales (UK) adventure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

Wales (UK) adventure Empty
PostSubject: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:11 pm

Planned trip with a few mates to hike Snowdon in the UK. Rather than join them in the cage, I opted for a solo ride from Southern England to North Wales. 600 mile round trip over 3 days. Simply stunning. Ridden Welsh roads a few times now, and never fail to impress. As you can see from tyre pick, left some rubber down as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bought a Triumph Daytona 955i earlier this year. Lovely bike, quick, handles etc. however, I do not have the talent, bravery, or want to lose license to get most out of it and return from every ride feeling it could have been better. The GRiSO makes me smile every time, and pics like this reaffirm the love affair. As we all know, these bike do everything. They will pootle to the shops, they will take luggage for a trip, and they can hold their own hooning. What a bike. Decided I’m selling the Triumph and spending the cash a mini GRiSO project to make this bike even better and more capable. First thing I am looking at is front forks and rear shock.

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, kidsmoke, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:15 pm

The Welsh roads do seem to hammer tyres
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:33 pm

It’s the well maintained roads. Compared to English roads, the Welsh roads are like a race track.
Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:09 pm

I Put a Matris Cartridge kit in the front..and a Wilbers Pro shock on the rear...it is awesome!
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:18 pm

kindoy2 wrote:
I Put a Matris Cartridge kit in the front..and a Wilbers Pro shock on the rear...it is awesome!

What benefits you seen with those mods. Are there any downsides?
Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:53 pm

I havnt put too many miles on it yet..maybe 500mi..50/50 in mountain twisties and on the slab..but I have experienced no downsides except in my wallet...it tracks beautifully and takes rough pot holes lvery well..the deep pot holes used to jar my arm's and spine!
I'm about to do a 10,000 KM 3 week long trip on it in a month..I should know all I need to know about the set up after that.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:54 pm

I got maxton to do my front end and rear shock. Absolutely the bees knees but pricey!!!

McCarthy1983 likes this post

Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:09 pm

kindoy2 wrote:
I havnt put too many miles on it yet..maybe 500mi..50/50 in mountain twisties and on the slab..but I have experienced no downsides except in my wallet...it tracks beautifully and takes rough pot holes lvery well..the deep pot holes used to jar my arm's and spine!
  I'm about to do a 10,000 KM 3 week  long trip on it in a month..I should know all I need to know about the set up after that.

Hi Kindoy2, how was the trip and how was the new suspension set up?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:18 am

McCarthy1983 wrote:
kindoy2 wrote:
  I'm about to do a 10,000 KM 3 week  long trip on it in a month..I should know all I need to know about the set up after that.

Hi Kindoy2, how was the trip and how was the new suspension set up?

@kindoy2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wales (UK) adventure   Wales (UK) adventure Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wales (UK) adventure
Page 1 of 1