GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Adventure GRiSO?

Go down 
+5
beetle
Street
Pawel Spoon
Chris W
Pulmu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:17 am

Hi ghetto, midsommer greetings to all of you from sunny Finland!
It’s been pretty hot here, over 25C for some time Very Happy

As it sadly seems, the older you get the more upright riding position feels better Rolling Eyes
So, have installed new handlebars with more rise and pullback and also added 5cm risers. Feels great.
To get more room for legs, I took a bit different approach to the usual lowering pegs. Tried but did not like the feel of them, so I raised the seat instead..now my butt sits around 2-3 cm higher. Needs maybe some visual editing to make the saddle sit better on bike, though.

But, tho it’s mucho better now, I still like’d to have some more room for my legs.

I’d like your opinions, maybe pics of any different ways to get those pegs lower. Been pondering the possibility to shave original peg brackets off and install new pegs on the lowest part on the side panels or whatever they are called. Could this be a valid solution or is the material too thin/weak? I know cornering clearance suffers a bit but I'm allright with that.

Anyone know a rearset that would fit GRiSO with just a little modification?

I have made some extra highway pegs (see the pic), they help, but would prefer just one pair of pegs a little lower than orig position.

Any input appreciated.

-Ahti

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Travel trim:

Risers:
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:03 pm

wow - quite the stack of risers!!
did you have to change out the hydraulic hoses and extend the wiring to make that work?
several of us (including myself)have the knight designs pegs are are very happy with them
Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:45 am

Chris W wrote:
wow - quite the stack of risers!!
did you have to change out the hydraulic hoses and extend the wiring to make that work?
several of us (including myself)have the knight designs pegs are are very happy with them

With orig pegs you partially put your boots on the brackets too. I don't like the feel and how the lowering pegs put your legs wider.
Yep, ordered 2 and 3 cm risers and used them both Rolling Eyes . With longer bolts works just fine. Front brake hose needs to be replaced but otherwise all good.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:37 am

i have a 1100 GRiSO and there i did just remove the rubber, gives you additional 1. something cm's
but finally went for knights
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:43 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Ahti!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Pulmu likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:33 pm

Sunday testing. As I wasn't happy with MFW lowering pegs, they put my feet too far out, I made some quick test blocks. Of course these are just straight blocks for testing, putting pegs too forward and no toe peg extensions. But these work better than MFW, offset is just about 2,2 cm, which felt tolerable and not bad at all. Drilled two holes with 5 & 7 cm lowering options. Was happier with 5 cm, 7 cm may also be too much considering cornering clearance.

Maybe 2" Knight design lowering pegs/toe extensions could get job done as they seem to have less offset than MFW's. Not cheap however but it is what it is.
Another option might be removing orig brackets and insert an 8 mm aluminium block to  fasten new pegs scratch

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:27 pm

You know you can get toe peg lowering gizmo's as well? I also made longer toe pegs when I was using KD foot pegs. Now I have these:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:55 pm

beetle wrote:

You know you can get toe peg lowering gizmo's as well? I also made longer toe pegs when I was using KD foot pegs.

Yes on MFW system I had lowered toe pegs too.

I kind of like the side panels on GRiSO and trying to keep them while get my feet comfortably down.
Have to consider your route too. Made for some other bike and modified to fit I guess?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:01 am

The rearsets are by Joker Machine. The mounting plates are hand made by me.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:26 am

Thanks, will look at them too.
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:37 pm

Awesome. LOve it, GRiSO does and looks just as awesome on the dirt as it does on the seal. And good little comfort mods, including all the ideas contributed.
Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:37 am

Footpeg lowering DIY kit arrived Laughing

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
JonB85
Carlotto
Carlotto
JonB85

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:35 pm

beetle wrote:

Nice setup! How does the position compare to stock?
Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:29 am

No going back, brackets shaved Rolling Eyes

Got MG Centauro brackets yesterday. Had to bore holes to take GRiSO clevis pins but otherwise perfect. There's a groove in the brackets. Turning 180 degrees -> either 4 or 6,5 cm lowering Cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Need to make 15 mm holes to access those side panel mounting screws. 

Then some grinding & sanding and hopefully all set for powder coating Cool
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:55 pm

JonB85 wrote:
beetle wrote:

Nice setup! How does the position compare to stock?

Oops! Missed this.

40mm lower, and 12mm further rear.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:26 am

Bits pulver coated. Everything back together and test drive bounce

JohnA and GhostBullet like this post

Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:38 am

Ready!
Short ride with pegs on lower position, 6,5 cm lower than stock. Feels great, me like.
My riding nowadays is more or less cruising and no particular curvy roads here where I live, but cornering clearance might still be an issue. Today raining slightly so have to wait for better weather to test further.

Alternative, upper position for pegs, about 4 cm lower and 0,5 cm back from stock.

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
JonB85
Carlotto
Carlotto
JonB85

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:02 am

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:16 pm

JonB85 wrote:
Nice work!
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:22 pm

Yeah very tidy.

Pulmu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:38 pm

Well done, Ahti! Really nice work.

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:53 pm

Street wrote:
Well done, Ahti! Really nice work.

Pete (Street)

Thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:19 am

Testing both upper and lower setting on footpegs, and while 4cm lowering from stock feels ok, my old knees just love the 6,5cm option. Chicken as I am, no scraping yet but you can feel it's sailing pretty low. One thing to discover with those offset toe pegs is when turning left dont leave your foot under the toe peg or you will get an auto-gear upshift Rolling Eyes

Very successful project, my knees and back feel great and overall riding position is absolutely relaxed, me happy Very Happy

JohnA, kidsmoke, Svartipants and mickfinn like this post

Back to top Go down
RedDevil
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
RedDevil

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:53 am

Hello Pulmu, Beetle,

good, clean work. I was also thinking about mounting the footrests lower, but I was already putting the footrests/feet down when I was cornering hard. So not for me - maybe a higher seat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adventure GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure GRiSO?   Adventure GRiSO? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Adventure GRiSO?
Page 1 of 1