GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?

Go down 
+7
bioman
Pawel Spoon
Lazlokovacs
paulbrice
beetle
Pete Roper
mickfinn
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Empty
PostSubject: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:39 am

Hi, do you guys have any experiences to share in this?
I ordered a side arm license plate holder and some other small parts three months ago. And am still waiting for them to ship. I believe the side arm might be manufactured when ordered. But in this time you could rebuild a whole bike!
Any advice? Should I cancel the order and try from Officine08 who also have the item for sale? When I’ve asked they reply quickly but very uselessly that they can’t say anything about when it might ship.

Transplant likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:01 am

Sorry? What is a side arm licence holder? Is this something only sold in Germany? What is it's purpose?
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:48 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Sorry? What is a side arm licence holder? Is this something only sold in Germany? What is it's purpose?

License plate holder: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think it's a custom part manufactored in Europe, but I suppose it would look cool on a GRiSO anywhere. Cool But being based in Europe this question is around European shops.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:58 am

Oh dear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:02 am

OK, for one horrible moment I thought it was something to do with 'Gunz'!

Stein Dinse are a reputable supplier, as to whether these things are made to order or stocked I have no idea, but like all these things that bolt on to the bevelbox they just add unsprung weight and stress to bits that don't need stressing so I don't advise their fitment.

GhostBullet, Holger, kindoy2 and mickfinn like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:09 am

Stein Dense says "Availability: Will be ordered upon customer request", so there will be a delay - why not ask them expected lead time ??. (Not sure you can cancel a custom part order once paid).

I suspect Officine08 will do the same thing (several sites sell things they back-to-back order to 3rd party supplier once they get an order).

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:30 am

Pete Roper wrote:
OK, for one horrible moment I thought it was something to do with 'Gunz'!

Stein Dinse are a reputable supplier, as to whether these things are made to order or stocked I have no idea, but like all these things that bolt on to the bevelbox they just add unsprung weight and stress to bits that don't need stressing so I don't advise their fitment.

What is a “Gunz ”?

Good point with the unsprung weight. I guess I’m just one of the silly chaps who is ready to sacrifice a bit of that for the good looks of a tidy tail.
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:32 am

paulbrice wrote:
Stein Dense says "Availability: Will be ordered upon customer request", so there will be a delay - why not ask them expected lead time ??.  (Not sure you can cancel a custom part order once paid).

I suspect Officine08 will do the same thing (several sites sell things they back-to-back order to 3rd party supplier once they get an order).    

Yeah, I’ve asked about the lead time. And have got the prompt reply “we have no idea”. One would think they would have some experience on the subject and could check with their subcontractor/ source for the part. But for some reason don’t seem willing to do so.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:10 am

My personal experience with SD is that they have been very very reliable during the past 10 years, but in the last couple of years, (maybe since lockdown?) they've been really frustrating to deal with. Advertising parts as available when the lead time is several months, not answering emails, or partially answering them, sending out to wrong addresses etc.

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:36 am

[quote="mickfinn"]
Pete Roper wrote:

What is a “Gunz ”?

Sorry, 'Firearm' might have been a better term. I feared that this item might have been something you mounted on a bike to indicate your interest or legality to own a firearm. Thing is that any mention of firearms on any motorcycle board with many US members usually results in a rapid decent into awful, non motorbike relevant nuttiness. I just wanted to try and avoid that.

Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:36 am

AF1 have one in stock (in USA) & in their description says it's made in Italy; Officine08 say 1-3 days if it's not in stock......you should ask Stein Dinse why it takes them longer to get one made ??
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:13 am

Pete Roper wrote:
mickfinn wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

What is a “Gunz ”?

Sorry, 'Firearm' might have been a better term. I feared that this item might have been something you mounted on a bike to indicate your interest or legality to own a firearm. Thing is that any mention of firearms on any motorcycle board with many US members usually results in a rapid decent into awful, non motorbike relevant nuttiness. I just wanted to try and avoid that.

Sorry for the confusion.

Oh boy, hadn't heard about that being a thing.
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:17 am

Thank you all for the replys and other chitchat too!  Laughing Good, or rather sad, to hear I'm not the only one experiencing frustrating service from SD. I'll reach out to the competitiors to see if they could give a better estimate, or maybe take the addition cost and ship overseas from AF1.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:42 am

i did order this years twice at sd and got my pieces always within 7-10 days.
their shipping costs are not cheap
i have actually this holder on my GRiSO since 1 year.
license plate is not broken yet, but i am using a supporting plate

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:53 am

I never ordered this particular item, but my experiences with S-D have always been extremely positive. Like Pawel wrote, their shipping costs are very high but I get my items usually delivered within a week (from Germany to western Canada).

Holger and mickfinn like this post

Back to top Go down
JonB85
Carlotto
Carlotto
JonB85

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:12 am

I ordered the rear stand from them about a month ago. It shipped right away but has been stuck at my post office distro center since the 9th so here's hoping it shows up someday Sad
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:21 am

JonB85 wrote:
I ordered the rear stand from them about a month ago. It shipped right away but has been stuck at my post office distro center since the 9th so here's hoping it shows up someday Sad

Sorry to hear about the item stuck in postage. It's really a nuisance with online shopping these days.. 😬
Back to top Go down
JonB85
Carlotto
Carlotto
JonB85

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:07 am

mickfinn wrote:
JonB85 wrote:

Sorry to hear about the item stuck in postage. It's really a nuisance with online shopping these days.. 😬

Looks like it finally found its way. It went from North Carolina to Tennessee to Maryland and now finally back to NC for delivery. As much as people complain about the post office, they're pretty good about fixing things brought to their attention. I opened a case last week and it only took a few days for the delivery to get sorted out.

mickfinn likes this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:29 am

A bit late to the thread, but I would add I've had nothing but amazingly fast shipping from Stein Dinse on prior orders.
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:46 pm

PJPR01 wrote:
A bit late to the thread, but I would add I've had nothing but amazingly fast shipping from Stein Dinse on prior orders.  

Yep, same here! Ooh La La

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:10 pm

I’m late too, but fashionably so… Post covid I ordered some Mistral parts for the GRiSO, took one calendar week to get to PNW USA. Didn’t think shipping cost all that bad either. But late, back ordered, wrong addressed and damaged parts… well that’s all just part of the ‘new normal’.
Back to top Go down
mickfinn
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mickfinn

PostSubject: Officine08 to the rescue   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:44 am

An update on this transaction. After waiting over three months and without getting any proper answer from Stein-Dinse about my order I finally cancelled it.

I still wanted the CARC mounted license plate holder, so I ordered it from Officine08. By the looks of it it's the exact same part made for order.  Now exactly two weeks after ordering it Officine08 has shipped it.

At least I know where I'm taking my business hence forth, and where not. Thanks for all the support guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?   Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Experiences buying parts from Stein-Dinse?
Page 1 of 1