GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Barn find, Netherlands!

Go down 
+6
sideshowbob
PilotJet
beetle
Tim Henry
Pete Roper
ErikdeBrabander
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ErikdeBrabander
Carlotto
Carlotto
ErikdeBrabander

Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 am

I haven't ordered the Oberon slave because I can live with the original clutch force but wanted to add some more comfort. Luckely I didn't spend my money on that (thx!).

The mechanic only modified the heads and engine oil change. Because he is a carb guy We thought it's best to leave it as it is now but I'll find some way to get it mapped properly once all bills have been paid [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Still I need it back home to proceed. Weather is terrible this week so no hurry.

The Beeline Moto2 nav should be available end of april and I am leaning toward this device. I like the dimensions and mounting locations.

Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Carlotto
Carlotto
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:08 pm

Short update,

Just received pics from my mechanic and thought they are pretty nice to share.
It's rollerised but hardly any visual difference only a date stamp on the new internals.
The new Avon tires are not shown here.

Due to bad weather delivery date set early next week.

Spend some time searching for some com and nav systems and I think I'll settle for the coming Beeline Moto2 (small disc display) and Twiins HF3 (inside helmet, It seems in Luxemburg you'll be forced to use alternative transport and a fine when a communication system is sticky taped on the outside of the helmet. I'm not travelling to a different country on a regular base but I'm not keen to study local laws before leaving home...)
Total investment is a friendly budget and easy to upgrade if needed depending on the groups I might join later.

kr, Erik

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Carlotto
Carlotto
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:10 pm

rollerised head:

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Carlotto
Carlotto
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:55 pm

She's home again!

Made a small drive approx 20km in the evening and had to get used to the tires. The Michelins feel harder to corner at low speeds but the Avons appear to corner very easy, Or it's all placebo because I haven't driven her for a few months.

However, starting at idle sounded very rich and didn't rev up as easy but after 15minutes the horrible smell of petrol faded away en she ran pretty well and cornering at low rpm is way more easier now. I'm looking forward for new mapping in future.

Grisoleta likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Barn find, Netherlands!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3