GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Where do you order your spare parts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jmacs
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Jmacs

Where do you order your spare parts? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you order your spare parts?   Where do you order your spare parts? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:23 am

So, what state-side, on-line store do you order your spare parts from?  When I put 'Moto Guzzi parts' into Google, I get a lot of European web pages.  I don't really want to pay overseas shipping for an $8.90 part.

I need to order the rear brake lever pin, Code 884033.  

Back story.  When I bought the bike about 2 months ago, the bike had been dropped and bent the rear brake lever and the pin too.  I didn't realize the pin had been bent until I got the new lever and went to replace it.  Went ahead and replaced it.  Brakes work fine.  But, the angle is off just enough that it no longer presses on the brake light micro-switch.  My brake light was on all the time.  

Short term fix, a couple layers of duct tape on the lever to press the micro-switch.  Long term, get a new lever pin.  And if that doesn't work, drill and tap for a set screw where I can adjust the depth right below the micro-switch.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Where do you order your spare parts?   Where do you order your spare parts? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:14 am

Try AF1 in Texas.

Always wise to replace the pin after a drop as they tend to weaken and fatigue. Then they break when it's least convenient. Same goes for the gear shift lever.
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: Where do you order your spare parts?   Where do you order your spare parts? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:07 pm

AF1 Racing as Pete mentioned - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - is probably one of the most reliable MG parts vendor in the US, with a very functional web store and accurate inventory.

So is MG Cycle - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Other US MG parts vendors:
Cadre Cycle - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Harper's - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And probably a few others that I can't think of right now...

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jmacs
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Jmacs

PostSubject: Re: Where do you order your spare parts?   Where do you order your spare parts? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:22 pm

Thanks guys.  Parts ordered from AF1.  Aside from the website being a little slow this afternoon, should be good to do.

Up next, picking tires.  After a little research, I will probably be back getting some opinions. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you order your spare parts?   Where do you order your spare parts? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Where do you order your spare parts?
Page 1 of 1