GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Lowered the Pegs

Go down 
+6
bobbyfromnc
grisorosso
Laker
beetle
LBC Tenni
CPB
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:07 am

Ordered the KD pegs a few days ago and they arrived yesterday.  I thought the black anodized pegs would look good as most the bike is painted black.  They do look good.   Thumbs Up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Looks great! Love the new red devil paint too! Are those pegs the 1" drop? How do they feel vs. stock? I'm debating whether to get the 1" or 2" drop.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Don't go 2 inch if you ride the twisties. They even scrape in town.

CPB, they look good!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:13 pm

They are the 1" drop. Amazing how much more comfortable my knees are with a mere 1" extra room. To be honest, I was not exactly uncomfortable with the stock pegs, but I am liking the drop.

The 2" drop would be too much.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Those look fantastic! I would like to find another peg that has more grap to it as the stock is kind of slick with my mesh riding boots. Black would be cool. Being 5'8" this GRiSO fits me like a glove so I don't really need to lower them.

Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:20 pm

The Knight Design footpegs have the grip (grap?) in the design known as
Quadtrax.
They also make them in stock height/length.
Best you check their website. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:08 am

That does help, thanks. Yes, that was a typo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:59 am

I checked out their website... Looks good and functional. Thanks, BK
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:01 pm

I have the 1" lowered and love them as well. The black looks cool on your bike too!
The 2" makes shifting awkward, I've been told.
Back to top Go down
89millegt
Carlotto
Carlotto
89millegt

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:14 pm

I also have 1" lower Knight Design pegs with the "Quadtrax tread" and like them alot. In silver; black looks great! The red color and matching stitching on the black seat looks fantastic. This coming from a Tenni green SE GRiSO owner. :-)
Back to top Go down

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:19 pm

In all these peg dropping scenarios, what happens with toe to gear/brake lever position?
Photos of above tangerine GRiSO make my right ankle ache, just looking at it.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:47 pm

I couldn't deal with the 2 inch drop for those reasons as well ^^^^^^^^^^.
Not to mention the scrapping due to reduced lean angle...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Wayne, not too bad if you have a big hoofer. I tapped the 5mm hole in the toe peg and added about 12mm via threaded rod and dome nut. I also pulled the original fat rubber off and used some thinner rubber to reduce the overall thickness of the toe peg. No awkward ankle angles or searching with foot.

With the 2 inch pegs, you are screwed. You have to add the adjustable KD toe pegs unless you have klown feet. Then, let the scraping begin!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 am

ghezzi wrote:
In all these peg dropping scenarios, what happens with toe to gear/brake lever position?
Photos of above tangerine GRiSO make my right ankle ache, just looking at it.

Gear shift spacing is fine. However, the brake pedal is a bit higher now than I'd like. Still easily reachable, but a bit more of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Quote :
Gear shift spacing is fine.  However, the brake pedal is a bit higher now than I'd like.  Still easily reachable, but a bit more of a stretch.  

Same here with 1'" drop. Is there any adjustment to be had via the threaded rod connecting the brake lever? DW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lowered the Pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowered the Pegs   Lowered the Pegs Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lowered the Pegs
Page 1 of 1