GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)

Go down 
+3
Pete Roper
Matias
motografando
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Empty
PostSubject: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:27 am

Hi everyone.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I can't have a minute of peace with my bike....every time i take a deeper look around i see something wrong  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Long story short, i found the SX inner spark plug cable totally disconnected from the coil, maybe since some years....the connector is totally rusted. I think that at this point i've to replace also inner spark plugs, after all this time without doing a single spark  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Do you think that cable and connector are standard parts that i can find in a local automotive/motorcycle spare dealer?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Second question...i noticed that fuel tube just after the quick release joint in slightly bented (see photo). I want to replace it but without buying the very expensive entire spare (about 100€ + shipping here).

Isn't possible to replace just the little piece of tube, maybe with a standard high pressure fuel tube, much more flexible thanoriginal one?
Thank you in advance.

P.S. i rode the bike about 1200 km in these conditions because i bought it as is, so i have not terms of comparison, it seems to be quite good  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by motografando on Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:31 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : photos)
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:06 am

Hi moto,

From the picture it seems you could still use the cable and connector...Maybe you can try to clean the contact surfaces and still use them. The spark plugs would be a good idea to change them.

Regarding the fuel line, I found a little kink in mine too, and considered for a while to repair it. I believe it will be possible. If you search in Youtube "Fuel line repair" you will fine a lot of videos about this.

motografando likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:45 am

thanks, i'll gonna try but i'm not sure if the cable is long enough to be cutted off to remove oxidated part.

For fuel line i'll try to adapt a normal 6mm ID high pressure fuel tube...
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:44 am

Moto, from the pictures you sent it's no clear to me what is rusted
Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:52 am

Look in the second photo i posted, you'll se the faston connector on the cable and cable itself, they're totally covered by green copper oxid
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:10 am

I would try to clean that oxidation before cutting the cable
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:25 am

With a twin discharge coil if one plug wasn't spanking neither of them would. The two leads are the two ends og the high tension circuit. Your bike would have been running on one cylinder.

Just pull the insulating cap down the lead, give the copper ferrule a polish with some wet and dry abrasive paper, slide the end of the cable back into the coil and pull the cap up into position. Job done.

With the fuel line I'd just lift the tank and reposition it so it is no longer kinked. They are tough, it's unlikely to burst.

Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:22 pm

Uhm, very strange because the bike don t run at One cylinder, i dont think it s possibile to ride It normally in that condition...
Anyway the cilynder became hot (Just a Little less than other One).
Tomorrow i ll buy plugs and tube to fix It. I tried to reposition fuel line but that tube Is too short and stiff, It Is permanently bented.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:31 pm

Believe me, if it was only running on one cylinder you'd know it!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:38 pm

As Pete says, the plugs are in series on the dual plug models. It would have been sparking across the gap causing less spark in the cylinder. Obviously still working.

Do what Pete says, he knows stuff

Havli likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:47 pm

Very Happy thanks, i'm already experienced with pete's knowledge of guzzis
today i'll buy new sparks, fuel hose, so i can check the entire line,

PS: pete, my final drive is still leaking oil...i was waiting for parts from stein-dinse since 3 weeks... Laughing

Fortunately i've received at least the bike stand to work properly....
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:20 am

One wire unpluged from coil, this is normal. I found this in 07 & 08 and on for twin pluged motors.
Bike seems normal but 1 plug not firing. From then on I always checked the coils & wires on a service.
You wouldn't believe how many have a wire unpluged. I tiewrapped the wire still.
They do run funny to the trained ear.
Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:00 pm

What a fun fact 🤣.
Anyway i m not so impressed of hearing this, while on my bike i also found a hole not properly screwed (On the headlamp support)
I dont know what people are drinking during lunch break near Mandello, here in south Italy we used to drink peroni beers, but i believe in the North they drink massive qty of lambrusco, this Is the only possibile reason 🤣

Last edited by motografando on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:59 pm

I drink Peroni when I go for Pizza, it's on tap.

Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:53 am

ok yesterday i replaced fuel tube with a standard 10 bar rubber one.
Fast fitting come out very easily cause the last time i detached it i've lubricated with vaseline.

I also found a little leakage from the V fitting that bring oil to cilinder heads: it was totally loose.

Another little leakage was near inner plug, more specifically i found that oil come down from the hole on the top of the head, just above the spark plug. I suppose is the oring #16 in this image.
What is its pourpose????

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:41 am

It keeps oil from leaking out the hole.
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:45 am

I had to replace that O-ring some days ago for the same reason.
That plug allows you to insert a torque wrench to fasten the Allen head bolt close to the spark plug

Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:47 am

ok perfect, now it makes sense cheers
Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:37 pm

hi, just to let you know...
i did the work some days ago and after i did some good rides (here we also have sunny days).
i also checked valve clearance.

Basically the bike runs fine, but i don't feel big differences compared to before.
Probably the coil was working (more or less) also with the cable slightly detached.
The fuel hose i installed works way better than the original one, no more bending.

I still have a black spark (sx) and a white spark (dx). I think a syncronization is needed (im waiting for cables and adapters to connect guzzidiag).

A question: is possible with guzzidiag to update the ecu firmware? I think on mine there's the very first release.
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:42 am

I have a question for the guru if the complete fuel line from the GRiSO 1100 will also fit the 1200v8. Thanks for the quick reply 😉👍
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:51 am

I understand that the question was not in the right section, but is there someone here who is responsible for this? It doesn't matter anyway. As always, they must always count on themselves. I already have an answer for future generations, because It only costs me some "precious" time 🙄. The answer is this; it is too short due to the arrangement of the heads and the place where the injectors are mounted, but it is enough to replace it with a longer one fuel hoses and we have them properly made under the tank of the 1200 model, not crap with tubes from Mandello made in China. Thank you for all this and you can now put it in the right place or fuck off
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:13 am

Any reason for the aggression? Or is angry just your natural state?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:17 am

@Yahu

Not sure what your problem is, but the moderators aren't responsible for you not creating a new thread. Thread drift is common, and we are not psychic.

Watch your attitude or you may be taking a short holiday from the Ghetto.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:34 am

As you noticed, I may not be English-speaking and it's hard for me to find my way here, because I'm 60 years old, and this forum is strangely structured according to the ones I use. However, the translation is here it's terrible and from what I see you on the forum have much more problems understanding me than I do you. For example, in this thread I wrote that I will disappear from here if no one responds to my questions and it doesn't matter there is a place for me to place them, and any reaction. I don't need a mutual admiration society here, and above all, I expect technical assistance, which I ask for and I can pay yes as I did in the case of engine maps and the purchase of parts. However, I expect respect in both directions and treatment like everyone else, regardless of country of origin, skin color or religion.Have I finally presented my stay and observations clearly enough? If not, I can deal with it myself or on other more friendly forums. Nobody has to relate me here against their will.Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:33 am

Mate? I have no idea what you are angry about?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)   about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

about fuel hoses and ignition cables (1100)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next