GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
radelaide1
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
radelaide1

Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Empty
PostSubject: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:05 am

G'day from Adelaide, south Australia
Bought my bike new in 2014. The display started slowly disappearing shortly thereafter.
The other day, I read about some place in Europe that refurbishes lcd and transfer all the original data however I can't seem to find that post. Can anyone help?
Cheers!
Tony
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:49 am

Clic --> Camo Electronics

radelaide1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
radelaide1
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
radelaide1

PostSubject: Re: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:21 pm

Thanks Richard. That's the info I was looking for.
Not sure I'll go ahead but if I do, I'll describe my experience.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:36 pm

Carmo apparently can't deal with burnt dashes. Luckily for us in Oz we have this woman!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Several owners here have used her and she apparently does a great job.
Back to top Go down
radelaide1
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
radelaide1

PostSubject: Re: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:47 pm

Wow! Really?! That's great news. And here in Au, to boot! I'll give Monika a call and see what she recommends. Thank you Mr Roper.
BTW I've been hearing of you for years in moto guzzi circles. Glad to make your acquaintance
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:52 pm

Apparently the screens are a 'One off' produced and supplied only to (?) Digitek, the dash manufacturer so replacement, unless you can cannibalise another dashboard, is impossible. What strange ritual Monika performs I have no idea but it seems to restore functionality which is great news for us!

If you want to avoid it happening again try covering the dash, especially if parking in bright, direct sunlight. A shower cap, (I use one with pretty flowers on and like to park next to rows of tough-guy Cruiser types! It really pisses them off. Laughing ) works well enough but being plastic I fear they may act like a greenhouse and exacerbate the overheating problem. Perhaps just a piece of elastic aged fabric that can be fitted over the dash would be better? I dunno. I rarely go anywhere nowadays where I need to use the shower cap as when and where I park up there is little chance of the bike being interfered with so I tend to just chuck my gloves on top of the screen. That has the added benefit that I can wear the flowery shower cap into the pub! That always goes down a storm...... cheers

PS. Better to post such questions in the tech area of the board rather than the introduction area. Just sayin'......

moto, lcjohnny, Yahu and radelaide1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:49 pm

Pete always manages to bring a bit of high class aristocratic humor 😉. Thank you for such detailed technical explanations, because they are easier to digest and swallow😁 I would personally prefer to use them,a cotton cloth - a hat in the color of the fuel tank, preferably 👍. It may be, for example, the hats of bath attendants from the Middle Ages, e.g., we used hats at Wawel Castle in Krakow, e.g. King Władysław Jagiełło 😛. Regards and have a nice day. This thread about pissing off muscle guys on cruisers was good 🥂🍾
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:27 pm

Moved to Grisology.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v   Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lcd is half blank on my 2013 GRiSO 8v
Page 1 of 1