GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Is ecu remap,necessary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mcfar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mcfar

Is ecu remap,necessary  Empty
PostSubject: Is ecu remap,necessary    Is ecu remap,necessary  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 am

For anyone that knows about such things - how critical a difference would re-fitting the original stock can make to the running of the bike if the ecu had a beetle remap for a Termignoni can?

Mcfar likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Is ecu remap,necessary    Is ecu remap,necessary  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:35 pm

On my 8v with a standard can it ran smoother pickup on Beetles Termignoni map than on his std map - so worth a try

Mcfar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Is ecu remap,necessary    Is ecu remap,necessary  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:16 pm

I found that the bike pulls cleaner and a reduced fuel usage. At first I thought the bike made less power but realised it was just that the bike was delivering a fatter smoother surge. Highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Is ecu remap,necessary    Is ecu remap,necessary  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:28 am

The Termi AFAIK was always homologated for OEM fitting - so means the OEM emission etc claims remain and probably happily runs same map ....I've always found straight swap between Termi & 'Big OEM Can' without remap doesn't make a lot of difference in performance BUT Termi defo vibrates a lot more through pegs & bars ...& it's louder.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is ecu remap,necessary    Is ecu remap,necessary  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Is ecu remap,necessary
Page 1 of 1