GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Suspension full-load adjustments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

Suspension full-load adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Suspension full-load adjustments   Suspension full-load adjustments Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:21 am

Hi,

As any of you ever took notice of the adjustments you make in the bike suspension for a full-load situation (rider+better-half+luggage).
I'm using the saddle bags you can see on the photo. I'm 90 kg and my wife 65 kg.
With my normal setting and just with my weight on I get a sag of 30 mm in the rear(0 static sag)

Last time I went full-load I turned the shock adjusting ring a full turn and closed the compression adjuster 1/2 turn.
I didn't checked the sag in full-load though...

How are you guys adjusting for full-load?

Cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Suspension full-load adjustments   Suspension full-load adjustments Icon_minitime1Wed May 01, 2024 3:05 pm

At 90 kg even the full bags will overwhelm the stock spring of the rear shock, let alone adding a passenger. I tried to set the stock shock for 2up, then used the Hyperpro-spring on the stock Sachs, which is now surprisingly good. I don´t even have to change settings between solo and 2up.
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Suspension full-load adjustments   Suspension full-load adjustments Icon_minitime1Wed May 01, 2024 3:26 pm

Interesting.....
Is the spring change something you can do in the garage or do you need to send the shock to a specialized shop?
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Suspension full-load adjustments   Suspension full-load adjustments Icon_minitime1Wed May 01, 2024 3:33 pm

Getting the spring changed was more difficult than I had anticipated. The 4th adress I tried, a Ducati dealership, finally changed the spring for me. I wouldn´t try it without the proper tools, which I don´t have. Buying a spring compression tool for a job that I will rarely repeat just makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Suspension full-load adjustments   Suspension full-load adjustments Icon_minitime1Wed May 01, 2024 3:44 pm

Can you tell the spring reference or main characteristics (length, rate,...)
Many thanks
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Suspension full-load adjustments   Suspension full-load adjustments Icon_minitime1Wed May 01, 2024 3:49 pm

This is the only problem about the Hyperpro spring: there are no numbers. The Italian dealer stated upon my request that the spring has a progressively rising springrate and should fit loads up to 180 kg. My wife and I (approx. 166 kg with gear) observed vastly improved comfort, as the new spring provides more resistance against the harsh bottom-out experienced with the stock spring. You need a sufficient amount of compression-damping though to aid the spring - the travel just is short, so the shock needs to be "finished with its job" asap! Best regards, Matthias

This is the Italian dealer I bought the spring from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The official Hyperpro-website is of no help.
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Suspension full-load adjustments   Suspension full-load adjustments Icon_minitime1Wed May 01, 2024 3:58 pm

,👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspension full-load adjustments   Suspension full-load adjustments Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Suspension full-load adjustments
Page 1 of 1