GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I want full soft suspension.

Go down 
+2
beetle
Andrewpatrol
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

I want full soft suspension.  Empty
PostSubject: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:02 am

Which way on the standard forks and shock are the full soft damping settings, closed clockwise or open anti clockwise?

Do the screws fall out if I wind em out all the way?

It’s giving me a sore back - help appreciated
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:32 pm

I won't matter what you do, the damping will not change. Well, mine never did. Best you can do is screw the pre-load to minimum, then save for a new shock and cartridges for the forks (or a re-valving).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Andrewpatrol likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:52 am

Thanks Beetle, so minimum preload is the centre silver bits on top screwed out?? How many rings can I expose before it shoots out?/?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:19 am

According to the owner's manual, 4 - 5 rings.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:39 pm

It won’t fall out, it will stop turning though. Don’t force it.

lcjohnny and Andrewpatrol like this post

Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:23 pm

Andrewpatrol wrote:
Which way on the standard forks and shock are the full soft damping settings, closed clockwise or open anti clockwise?

Do the screws fall out if I wind em out all the way?

It’s giving me a sore back - help appreciated

Fully closed (clockwise) is max damping.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:50 am

Andrew Hi!
There are owners manuals with v clear instructions aboiut suspension settings and and workshop manuals on the Ghetto [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:25 am

I've rated K-tech fork springs with lighter oil though the oil is in fact too light as allows for excessive dive, not that its bottomed but it must be close. Mind that is two up solo its fine.
On the rear is a Stelvio shock also with a rated spring. Ride with sag setting set is still on the very firm side of things.
Bike is sports orientated, imagine squishy will make for a bike that wallows when pushed hard.
My plan this winter was for new valving or a cartridge setup fork and a better newer nicer rear shock though still with the stelvios travel.
Some lighter people around 76 kilos are ok with the original setup, even some lardy arsed fat fukers like my mate are content to live with the standard setup.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:25 pm

Thanks all for your advice. I’ve settled on buying a Wilber’s rear shock and getting the forks revalved and sprung.

Nobleswood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want full soft suspension.    I want full soft suspension.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I want full soft suspension.
Page 1 of 1