GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc

Go down 
+2
Chris W
MCR68
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MCR68
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MCR68

Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Empty
PostSubject: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:00 am

Hello folks.
here  a video (bad quality sorry, I'm not a youtuber) of the last version of my Norgiro (Norge + giroscope).
It's a usefull electronic system born some years ago during the Covid lockdown and continuosly upgraded.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Initially, in the basic versions I sold it, but then I understood it's very hard to perform a remote an assistance service so I decided to stop selling.
In the last versions is became relatively expensive ,not for money 100€ only for material, but due to the time to assembly it.
So if someone is truly interested to build it by himself, I can give all info free of charge.

Any comments and sugggestions are welcome
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:13 am

IMPRESSIVE!
cheers
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:47 am

I think I understand that your device has a gyroscope in it, so is able to detect the angle of lean around a corner, and turn on cornering lights when that option is selected and the pre-specified bank angle is reached. If so, this is quite an invention. American motorcycle riders will pay $500 for anything at all. Maybe you can team up with somebody in the US to market this device here, and make some money. Not me, though. Congratulations on this achievement and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:25 pm

Sadly, I don't speak Italiano, but I think I understood most of the content. Very impressive work! +1

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
MCR68
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MCR68

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:16 am

moto wrote:
I think I understand that your device has a gyroscope in it, so is able to detect the angle of lean around a corner, and turn on cornering lights when that option is selected and the pre-specified bank angle is reached. If so, this is quite an invention. American motorcycle riders will pay $500 for anything at all. Maybe you can team up with somebody in the US to market this device here, and make some money. Not me, though. Congratulations on this achievement and good luck!

Thanks a lot.
Yes there is an IMU inside (Inertial Measurement Unit) with accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer. The inclination measuring is easy to do staticaly by the accelerometer, but in dinamyc conditions the accelerometer is not more suitable due to the centrifugal force and is necessary use the gyroscope. Anyway the idea to turn off the extern foglight is not mine. It's already present ot the KTM 1290.
The problem in selling these objects is then ensuring easy and safe installation. Many people throw themselves into modifying the system of their motorbike without having much practice and then call at the strangest hours saying that they are stuck in the middle of the road due to the object not working, when they have connected the wires in an unreliable way.
I've been through these experiences before and I don't intend to do it again.
If any electronics or Arduino hobbyist is interested in replicating the Norgiro and exchanging advice, please contact me.

moto likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:46 am

I have not yet watched he video, but do wonder if you have sought Italian and international patents?

If not, consider that ... soon.

I do not know how original your concept is, but there are live and robot thieves on the web 24/7 looking for great ideas.

You would not want to see yours on ebay for pennies on the Euro while you look for ways to market yours.

Bill

SemperVee1 and MCR68 like this post

Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:56 am

Amazing gadget and I think there would be alot of interest... I certainly am..

MCR68 likes this post

Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:05 am

MCR68, I certainly understand why you would not want to do retail sales and support of your device. I also see that the KTM you mentioned has a good system, discussed here:

I wonder if a stripped down system with just the cornering light capability would be easier to install and support. Such a thing has always been a dream of mine. I think KTM's approach using three separate LED lights activated at different angles sounds good. But I am unlikely to install cornering lights for myself anymore, because of the surplus of deer on the roads at night where I live. No lighting system could make me feel safe out there I think.
Thanks for posting!

Back to top Go down
MCR68
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MCR68

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:36 pm

moto wrote:
MCR68, I certainly understand why you would not want to do retail sales and support of your device. I also see that the KTM you mentioned has a good system, discussed here:

I wonder if a stripped down system with just the cornering light capability would be easier to install and support. Such a thing has always been a dream of mine. I think KTM's approach using three separate LED lights activated at different angles sounds good. But I am unlikely to install cornering lights for myself anymore, because of the surplus of deer on the roads at night where I live. No lighting system could make me feel safe out there I think.
Thanks for posting!

In reality, turning off the side light when leaning or warning with a buzzer that the motorbike is leaning too much when stationary or recognizing that you have forgotten the indicators inserted by starting with a beep after you have made the turn and not during, are only accessory functions which are easily managed. The big difficulty, which I admit I have not yet solved perfectly on the Guzzi, is recognizing the precise lean angle when cornering. The problem is simpler on the Aprilia Caponord 1000 (or on the KTM) because it has a longitudinal V engine so the vibrations are not confused with the inclination. On our Guzzis the V engine is transverse and only we know how much it vibrates laterally. These vibrations are very difficult to filter out to recognize lateral tilt. I have dedicated many evenings and tests to this problem.
As for patents, I have a couple of really simple ideas that I'm evaluating in the company where I work. Maybe...

Please note that this item applies to the original system, therefore the warranty is invalidated and is at your own risk.
Such a system must be integrated directly by the manufacturer into the dashboard and the ABS system. It's easy to introduce (work in the field) but it costs money for the OEMs.

Anyway thanks.

moto and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc   Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Norgiro, a usefull gadget for Norge, Breva, GRiSO ecc
Page 1 of 1