GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Recommended Service Providers

Go down 
+29
LUCKY DAVE
DaSwami
Merl3noir
LBC Tenni
grisotx
bahamazoo
matsonsq
shaffewill
Semper
FrontRangeRider
EricS
jfortenbery
eeyore
wayne68
BBB888
paulbrice
sidrat
Mandrake
Papa Lazarou
CBH
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
WAKEY
sasa
bioman
pokeyjoe
greeng5
Steak
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon 02 Oct 2017, 09:40

eeyore wrote:
sidrat wrote:
Twiggers in Loughborough - Only do servicing no sales.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mine is 12 months old and booked in at Twiggers for this Saturday.
Quoted £320 - £350 for engine oil / filter, gear oil, final drive oil, valve check and throttle body balance.
It sounds expensive but my hands are tied as the bike is under warranty.
I will report back after the service!

3 hours labour, oils, oil filter and sealing washers came in at just under £300 including VAT.
The first service at Moto Forza used Agip oils. Twiggers use Silkolene engine oil and Motorex gear oil. I don't know what grade they put in the gearbox but it's not a slick when dropping into first.
Back to top Go down
jfortenbery
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue 09 Jan 2018, 14:25

If you are in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana there is only ONE PLACE you should consider. If you are anywhere in the Midwest, at least check out their website. You won't find a better deal on a new (or used) Guzzi.

They are a MG dealer. Factory trained mechanics for MG, Ducati, BMW and others.
GREAT people to deal with for bikes, parts and service.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fortenberyguitars.com
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue 09 Jan 2018, 14:48

Has anyone tried Moto Corsa Near Salisbury UK?
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 28 Jan 2018, 19:27

Getting some positive feedback about the World Powersports in Wayne. They recently took the MG business over from Motorcycle Mall.

I just purchased a V7 III there so I'll get first hand experience in 600 miles when I have them perform the first service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 18 Feb 2018, 09:58

In the North of UK I'd recommend Jason who trades as 1921 Moto. Servicing only, he works from his home in Guiseley, Leeds or will visit.

07977 504215

Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 15 Apr 2018, 04:05

I definitely had a good experience buying my bike from AF1 Racing in Austin.  The price was good, the shipper they use got the bike to me in good time and with no damage and the bike showed up as advertised.  I'd recommend them to anyone buying a bike remotely.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri 20 Apr 2018, 01:42

I found out that Gord at Valley Motor in Chilliwack, BC has retired, and in fact that the store is no longer a MG dealer.  When I called the new owners they referred me to Moto Vida in Kelowna, BC.  

I have dealt with Moto Vida a few times for spare parts, and they have been friendly, fast, and reasonably priced. But I have never brought my GRiSO for repair or service.  Now I am considering taking the mighty GRiSO to Moto Vida to see if they can get rid of the "very high idle"-issue.

Does any of you have any experience with their mechanic?

Question

daniel_pww likes this post

Back to top Go down
Semper
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Semper

PostSubject: AJ Cycle, Gill, Massachusetts,USA   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 07 Jul 2018, 11:26

Im a new 2015 GRiSO rider. Anyone ever use these people?
Back to top Go down
shaffewill
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
shaffewill

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 04 Nov 2018, 20:17

FIY Moto International in Seattle closed its doors. Dave Richardson retired, and a few months later they announced the closure. The new official Guzzi-Aprilia dealer is a place called Optimum Performance Motorsports in Kirkland, but I can’t speak one way or another about them. I would recommend Seattle Used Bikes for service, as one of the techs from Moto I went there before the door closing.

daniel_pww likes this post

Back to top Go down
matsonsq
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
matsonsq

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 23 Feb 2019, 10:54

I'd like to put a good word in for Tom at Don Newell Motorcycles in Woolloongabba (Brisbane) QLD.
He's an honest, up-front, no BS operator. Been around for years and provides options, solutions and alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 23 Feb 2019, 12:15

Sorry, anything fuel injected and definitely anything CARC he is so far out of his depth it's not funny.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 24 Feb 2019, 00:13

we are pretty lucky in this part of the woods.....
we have direct access to 3 very knowledgable (accredited/authorised) fonts.
two on the east coast and one on the west.
these gentlemen are available for information and parts supply, and even (if you are lucky) support...

but on the global front, we are even luckier through being part of this forum, the collective brains and support is amazing.
all the manuals and parts diagrams and information... it's all here.
and someone has already done that particular bit of wrenching, and posted photos of their journey and the tips and tricks found along the way.

so the best service provider nearest you is, er, you.
these bikes are beautifully agricultural in their design and so there really isn't that much that you can't achieve yourself.

when I say yourself, I mean yourself, this forum, and you-toob Rolling Eyes  

-ok, you do need a couple of spanners and a hammer, oh, a laptop and some other bits and pieces, but...

and it's even better when another forum member can retrieve beers from the fridge whilst you tackle that task. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
grisotx
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
grisotx

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue 26 Feb 2019, 07:12

Tod Haven passed away a few years ago. Mike is still keeping the Houston riders on our Guzzis.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri 15 Mar 2019, 23:02

Sean Fader closed his shop RTL a while back and now is the head wrench at OC Motorcycle in Costa Mesa. It’s a relatively new Guzzi dealer and one of only two I trust with my bikes in So Cal. The other being Thousand Oaks.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 16 Mar 2019, 01:21

Pete Roper wrote:
Sorry, anything fuel injected and definitely anything CARC he is so far out of his depth it's not funny.

I have heard him "brag" about how he knows nothing about fuel injection - sad but true, and at a Guzzi Rally to boot. I "adjusted" Moet's bike (1200 Sport 2V Ditch Pump, but a slow red one) at Mingoola one year - TPS was set to 2.3 or something close, wouldn't idle, and ran like shit. He had the Stage 1 ECU fitted and the Lafranconi's. Sound is awesome, though. Migrated a WIP map I had at that time, reset the TPS, killed off the auto learning rubbish. Lo and Behold, it idled. Moet is a happy camper still, and it still idles!

Maybe I should update him a little in May - he might even be there early, this year, to spend some quality time with us "special" people...

jethro and daniel_pww like this post

Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 25 May 2019, 20:10

I'm probably going to do most the basics my self. However at some point I want to ride out to some of the not too far away MG service shops and check them out. Mostly so if I run into something that is too much for me I already know were to head off too. Any suggestions on what to look out for and maybe questions to ask to get an idea who is good and who should be avoided? I've already seen a suggestion on another thread for a shop a little over 2 hrs from me, but I'm hoping the one that's only an hour away is good as well.
Back to top Go down
DaSwami
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DaSwami

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon 10 Jun 2019, 02:02

Anyone have experience with Sloan's in Murfreesboro TN? Their Guzzi tech is someone named Rich...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LUCKY DAVE
Carlotto
Carlotto
LUCKY DAVE

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon 21 Sep 2020, 21:23

GP Motorcycles in San Diego. GP is a big operation and has long been the "cool" shop in San Diego, selling Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Ducati, MV Agusta, KTM, Huskvarna, Norton, and Ural.
They have fielded a National Supermoto team in the past, support many road racers, and have a top notch service department.
The owner (Paul Lima) also owns Triumph of San Diego, which sells Triumph, Royal Enfield,and Zero.
GP 619-233-4762
Back to top Go down
humboldtguzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
humboldtguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 17 Jul 2021, 16:33

Can anyone suggest a tuner in Northern California?
Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri 17 Jun 2022, 20:39

humboldtguzzi wrote:
Can anyone suggest a tuner in Northern California?

Northern California

Moto Medic - Chris Bertram
185 Oceanic Way
Santa Rosa CA 95407   USA
707-596-3387
- good man - good mechanic

Steak and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri 17 Jun 2022, 20:47

Nashville Motorcycle Repair - Indy Shop
30 Cleveland Ave. Nashville TN USA
Andrew
(615) 742-4186
-- good shop - busy - fair

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 24 Jul 2022, 15:25

Sadly, it seems Moto Corsa (Gillingham, Dorset, UK) have gone under.
Website says they're 'Temporarily Closed', so maybe someone will rescue it. . .

Back to top Go down
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 24 Jul 2022, 17:04

Feeer and fewer options in U.K. have to hope Moto Cirsa workshop continues even under another guise
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 24 Jul 2022, 17:53

We still have Baldrick, for those that need work doing.

I'm fairly well acquainted with the 8V 1200s now too, I've done various jobs on Stelvios & Norges for friends and others.
I'm near Slough, in South Bucks.

I may be able to help out if you need something doing.
Back to top Go down
scottmastrocinque
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
scottmastrocinque

PostSubject: Northwest Ohio Area   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue 13 Dec 2022, 15:24

I work on Moto Guzzi motorcycles as well as every other marque. I have ridden and wrenched on Moto Guzzi motorcycles my whole life and I own 5 different models out of my 8 bikes.  (Stelvio NTX 8V, California Vintage, 1200 Norge 2V, 1200 Sport, V-10 Centauro).

My diagnostic computers are from Italy and can do anything the PADS can or any other marque, like BMW.

I also can do anything on Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

People have come from as far as 800 miles away to have me work on their equipment.

The most recent was a Norge 8V that had been to several “mechanics” to work on her with no positive results at all. I received this from the 40+ year old owner just yesterday, “My Dad and I just took a 300mi trip and she ran perfect!! Oh thank you so much!”

If I can be of help, I’m happy to do so.

Scott’s Motorcycle Workshop LLC
11515 Township Road 101
Findlay, OH 45840
419-581-0274

http:/www.scottsmotorcycleworkshop.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, Svartipants and ZackC like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Service Providers   Recommended Service Providers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Recommended Service Providers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2