GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO as a Commuter?

Go down 
+18
not-fishing
Pete Roper
LBC Tenni
Spaceknight
rboe
89millegt
cbxtc6
little750
Canyon Carver
DungeonMaster
beetle
pokeyjoe
wyno
Oz1200Guzzi
Grisonut
Ralf z
guzziownr
Enzo the baker
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:42 pm

I do commute in a shit load of traffic, but I can only have one motorcycle. I see people riding Harleys and Shadows and Victorys - so why not a GRiSO? A scooter would kill me. I mean, what's the point? I could get to work faster in a car. The distinct advantage of a motorcycle in traffic is filtering through stopped cars at lights and using the carpool lane on the freeway.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Did someone mention a big thumper for the stairs?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GRiSO is the king of the open road.

This little beast is the king of lane splitting, easily the best city commuter I have owned.

300 lb. 650cc with torque you wouldn't believe.  Almost as much fun as the GRiSO, but apples to oranges really.

Check out the particulars here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:39 pm

I don't think anything will beat a Mana as a commuter vehicle, the SRV is astounding too.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:05 pm

The first day I moved to San Francisco I was riding my KZ650 going down Market Street. It took me FOREVER to shake some brain dead bozo riding a scooter.
The scooter was a better city ride than the KZ.
So yeah, The GRiSO is going to have some "short comings" but not enough to stop me from commuting on it.

DM
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:26 pm

My FZ6 Yamaha was very nimble and fast. My son commuted from LA to Santa Barbara on weekends. I sold it when he moved to NY. When he visits he rides the GRiSO and complains of the abrupt throttle.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:28 pm

I had a 1988 FZ6. Fun little mischief maker!!!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:32 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
I had a 1988 FZ6. Fun little mischief maker!!!

Mine was a 2005 and very good all arounder. I bought it to share with my son, researching them to see what would be a good learning bike for him. It served him and myself well. I sold it to buy the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:17 pm

Sure a GRiSO is a decent commuter for me.

20+ miles each way, old highways, backroads and reasonably quick industrial sections.

Something smaller and lighter like a V7 would be better but the GRiSO get 45 mpg average and is one heck of a lot smaller than my car.  '05 CTS-V

And to those who gripe about snatchy throttle or heavy clutch you should try my CTS-V with a racing clutch in stop-n-go traffic.  The V get's downright nasty.
Back to top Go down
joecool
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
joecool

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 am

beetle wrote:
thus causing mayo in the top end

I had mayo with my sandwich last night. 'Twas good. :-D
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:03 am

joecool wrote:
beetle wrote:

ummmmm, didja get your sandwich mayo from your valve cover?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
joecool
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
joecool

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:05 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
joecool wrote:
beetle wrote:

ummmmm, didja get your sandwich mayo from your valve cover??  Shocked

It's Italian mayo... ;-)
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:11 am

made with olive oil.
are you putting Extra Virgin in your motor? Smile
Back to top Go down
joecool
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
joecool

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:17 am

[quote="DungeonMaster"]made with olive oil.
are you putting Extra Virgin in your motor?  Smile[/quote

Yes. Isn't that what is required?
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Huh...  So there is something better about the 1100?

I can do short trips without mayo-ing my engine?

This will change some things! If I was going out less than 30 min, I always took the SUV!
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Pete can tell you all the details but yes, they are different. Can't say "better"
The 1100 is an old, well worn soldier and it has much more tolerance for hot rodding.
The engine architecture is different is all I can say. The 1100's don't condense moisture in the valve covers and don't get "mayo".
Not that I worry about it. I live in a hot, dry desert and I rev The SHIT out of my bike.

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 am

No mayo on the 1100...
You're good, ride the piss out of it!
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:37 am

Well, my head won out. I just put a deposit on a new V7. Lighter weight and a steel tank were deciding factors. I'm not getting any younger and I have to move the bike around the garage a lot. I'm coming off a Dorsoduro with a swollen tiny (3.2 gallons) tank. The V7 just seems to check all the boxes. I put a deposit down on it this morning (needs PDI):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Congratulations. Very nice. You won't be sorry. And it commutes well (lots better than an 1100 Sport, for example) and the large tank is liberating.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Spaceknight wrote:
...I keep getting to work 1/2 hour late and get home even later. You need something more boring like a DL650... Otherwise you'll keep finding the longest way to get from point A to B.

Reminds me of an old Touratech tee-shirt that sports one of my all-time favorite slogans:
"The shortest distance between two points is a damn shame!"
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO as a Commuter?   GRiSO as a Commuter? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO as a Commuter?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2