GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Angeles Crest

Go down 
+3
opc
rboe
DungeonMaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:00 pm

So I got my new Dunlops mounted this past weekend and I reset my forks to line 6 and I checked my tire pressures this morning and rode down to Norwalk (100 miles from my home) so I could order Certified Birth Certs.
Good thing I rode - traffic was THICK.

Afterward I detoured up to La Canada to get on Hwy 2 to go home via Wrightwood.
What a nice and pleasant ride!!
I pulled into Newcombs parking lot and there was two riders sitting there. One was riding a Panigale and the younger guy was riding a Gixxer. Father and son. Steve and Steve.
They were quite impressed to see a GRiSO. 5 or 10 minutes later another bike rolled up next to us.
A G12 SE Black with Silver chevron stripe.
I told this guy that he was exceeding the maximum allowable density of GRiSO's
He told me it was good thing I didn't have the SE stripe on mine. Smile
No, I didn't catch his name. I did let him know about The Ghetto.
He pulled out some old funky camera that looked like a Hassalblad?? and took pics.
Then he took off to Wrightwood. I caught up to him and did a few photo op passes on my GRiSO for him

Here is the link to my facebook with pics of the SE and it's owner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was a very good bit of two wheel therapy today. My GRiSO felt Just Right. What a Damn Good motorcycle. I had a very good ride. Smile

DM
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:29 am

Gee, you look a wee bit friendlier in the photo than your avatar. Viva la Fiesta

With premium riding weather arriving in the Phoenix area we're going to have to make an effort to get six or seven GRiSO's together some weekend. Typically two or three can be done without effort. Which is weird considering they are not common at all. Except about here.
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:11 am

DM: We had a great time on Angeles Crest in the MINI Coopers back in 2009 or so.  Very fun road.  Glad you had a good ride!  Thumbs Up

rboe wrote:
With premium riding weather arriving in the Phoenix area we're going to have to make an effort to get six or seven GRiSO's together some weekend.

^Also this^
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:27 pm

rboe wrote:
Gee, you look a wee bit friendlier in the photo than your avatar. Viva la Fiesta

With premium riding weather arriving in the Phoenix area we're going to have to make an effort to get six or seven GRiSO's together some weekend. Typically two or three can be done without effort. Which is weird considering they are not common at all. Except about here.

Thanksgiving is going to throw a wrench in my schedule but - I have five days off every third weekend and this past weekend (Nov 1-2) was it.
The Powers That Be at work have failed to provide our schedule for the time after Nov 22 so I don't know what is really going on for the immediate future.
But I am itchin to go tramping around places hither and yon.

DM
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:50 pm

Wow!!!
THAT was interesting.
After I posted the link to facebook to show the GRiSO encounter I got a few interesting friend requests.
From other like minded Wordsmiths and Bon Vivants that are guilty of being the Finest Purveyors of Exotic and Cool motorcycles..
Very cool for me. Smile

DM
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:06 pm

DM, I'm a bit anti social media and not on facebooky. Any chance you could post the pics here?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:16 pm

lemmee see if I can make that work.
Last few times I tried to upload pics I failed. Which was why I put up my facebook link in the OP.

DM
Back to top Go down

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:20 pm

I couldn't make much sense of the facebook thingy either, probably means operator error this end.?
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:03 am

The Facebook link works (or should) even if you are not a Facebook member. FB members can do that by tweaking the privacy settings and exposing the image to the great unwashed.

Not a bad setup, but you run the risk of finding out your good buddy from high school has turned into wacko over the years (or maybe just was better at hiding it in high school). The part I have a hard time with, most of my friends turned into these geezers. WTF!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:11 pm

I have been "inundated" by some new friend request from total strangers in the last couple days.
So when I look at the home page of all these weirdo's I find some reference to GRiSO's or Guzzi's.
So I accept!! Smile
Rather cool so far.
Still waiting for the deranged ghosts from my past.
Actually - it's interesting that you mention that rboe.
My father has one daughter and three sons by his second wife that I have never met and I sometimes wonder about finding them. But then I wonder what kind of shrieking harpies they might be. anyway......

I am still amused by all these new Guzzi Pilots inviting me to be their friends. Smile

DM
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:09 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
My father has one daughter and three sons by his second wife that I have never met and I sometimes wonder about finding them. But then I wonder what kind of shrieking harpies they might be. anyway......

Ha! I mean, Damn! I mean Ha! I mean, Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

(My dad was adopted, and one of my sisters want's to find our biological relatives from his side; I wondered too if maybe they'd be people we don't want to know!)
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:57 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
I have been "inundated" by some new friend request from total strangers in the last couple days.
So when I look at the home page of all these weirdo's I find some reference to GRiSO's or Guzzi's.
So I accept!!  Smile
Rather cool so far.
Still waiting for the deranged ghosts from my past.
Actually - it's interesting that you mention that rboe.

I am still amused by all these new Guzzi Pilots inviting me to be their friends.  Smile

DM

Shut the fuck up or I'll "un-friend" you, paranoid wanker! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 am

Stalkbook - it is what it is. Sometimes handy, sometimes not. You no likey, you no go there. I get on it religiously, every 6 months or so...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:00 pm

The Minister for War & Finance is a FB junky, so I might just get her to show me DM's pics.

CC you're starting to talk like an Aussie. Very Happy

EDIT: Nope, she can't see em either. She said they're private. Can you unprivate them?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:34 pm

Private? huh. ok.

rboe - I just digested your comment about my ride pic and my avatar. lmao.

tocino - I NEVER get tired of Monty Python references.

Canyon Carver - keep up that kind of sweet talk and I will be expecting some dinner too.

DM
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:26 pm

beetle wrote:
The Minister for War & Finance is a FB junky, so I might just get her to show me DM's pics.

CC you're starting to talk like an Aussie. Very Happy

EDIT: Nope, she can't see em either. She said they're private. Can you unprivate them?

I wasn't confident I got the right setting but I tried to open things to the public.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angeles Crest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angeles Crest   Angeles Crest Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Angeles Crest
Page 1 of 1