GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ride throuigh Los Angeles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LUCKY DAVE
Carlotto
Carlotto
LUCKY DAVE

Ride throuigh Los Angeles Empty
PostSubject: Ride throuigh Los Angeles   Ride throuigh Los Angeles Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Today I rode from my home just north of San Diego to the suspension shop I use on the north side of LA, it's 100 miles each way. I went there to get my forks revalved again, I wanted them a bit softer.

If you haven't ridden on LA freeways the speeds will probably surprise you. I held it at 5,000 rpm the whole way, both ways. I wasn't passing anyone.
Standard speed is 90+ mph on Southern California freeways, never mind the posted speed limit of 65. Try to go less than 80 in the slow lane and you will probably get run over.

freewaystreak likes this post

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Ride throuigh Los Angeles   Ride throuigh Los Angeles Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:14 pm

Yes, great fun isn’t it? Especially when some lunkhead drops a sofa or stepladder into the mix. Shocked
I just have to survive 7 more years before I can retire and get the hell out.
What suspension shop do you use?
Back to top Go down
LUCKY DAVE
Carlotto
Carlotto
LUCKY DAVE

PostSubject: Re: Ride throuigh Los Angeles   Ride throuigh Los Angeles Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Suspension Matters in Irwindale.
Ask for JJ.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Ride throuigh Los Angeles   Ride throuigh Los Angeles Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:25 pm

In that regard CHiPs was real, When I lived in Manhattan Beach the 405 was always clogged with chickens, computer paper, and of course furniture.

Fun days though
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Ride throuigh Los Angeles   Ride throuigh Los Angeles Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:23 pm

I grew up near the junction of the 405 and 605. Those were some wide freeways... Washington drivers have never understood the concept of the California zipper...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride throuigh Los Angeles   Ride throuigh Los Angeles Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ride throuigh Los Angeles
Page 1 of 1