GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi

Go down 
+13
Street
sidrat
guzziownr
paulbrice
Ad B
wardest
Bill Hagan
Omnis
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
waterbottle
Pete Roper
bobbyfromnc
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Motormike
Carlotto
Carlotto
Motormike

Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi   Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:59 am

I was wondering if anyone had used a hoist and the "hole in the frame" approach. What about the plastic trim rings? Ever break one? I've heard they are a little pricy.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi   Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:42 am

Yes. I have. I took the side plates off first. My method was a bit "agricultural". I bought an industrial shed door track end door wheel assy and bolted it to the roof of my shed. From the wheel assy I used a come along with some rope from it to a shovel through the frame. In time I will get a nylon bush/s made up to sit in the frame so I can use a lifting bar through the frame but stll leave the side plates on.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi   Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That picture is of my 1100 which has a bushing, or washer welded inside the tube so the lifting bar never comes in contact with the chrome plastic ring. I've posted this before, but here's my solution to the problem that I came up with in order to fly my 1200SE.

A custom lifting bar with rods tack-welded on top. The notch in the end is positioned Top Dead Center when the bar is hidden inside the tube.

As you can see, the bar runs through the center of the tube and doesn't touch the plastic bezel ring.

Here are some dimensions if you want to make your own:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
tjo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tjo

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi   Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Ad B wrote:
Hi,

I'm using a "Becker" stand, from the beginning I had my G12 (2010).
Bought it in Germany, right from his site.
And secure it with the same tool, the other way round:
Becker stand:
I did rebuild the adaptors, I don't like to tilt my bike just at 2 bolt heads...

Ad B

Could you share close up photos of the rebuild of the adaptors please? Would be much appreciated as I am just considering to buy this stand but am slightly concerned after having done some research.

Best wishes
Tom
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi   Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:50 pm

waterbottle wrote:
Calling Beetle, did you get the bike lifter sorted , I'm after a single side lifter thingy like this one. Any one know a source here in Aus ? 

I just came across this one which looks very similar...really wish either of these companies would make one for the GRiSO.  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi   Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Proper use of stands for working on a Moto Guzzi
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2