GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Australian riding conditions

Go down 
+3
Oz1200Guzzi
DungeonMaster
wyno
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Australian riding conditions Empty
PostSubject: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Had to go to the shopping centre an hour ago. It's about 10 km away and the trip is through open pasture land. It's normally an easy trip but today the temperature is 42 celcius (107 F) and the wind is from the north and blowing up to 90 kmh (55mph). It's interesting riding the bike in a straight line, but up to 35 degrees from upright. The GRiSO just takes it all in its stride.
How are things where you are today?
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:35 pm

It was about 25F this morning.
(below freezing)
 BRRRRRRRR
No, I did not go riding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:33 pm

With air con its only 28°C in the shed.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:18 pm

I just built a speaker enclosure in my shed - air con (none) was going full blast - now I stink and am still quite sweaty. Just sayin...

Currently about 30 degrees C outside.
Back to top Go down
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Not quite as bad in NZ. Just got off the tractor tedding the hay. 30+ c out of the breeze. Hay shouldn't take too long to dry in this. A wee surf wave at the beach as compensation always helps. Yeah summer.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:16 pm

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:00 pm

dank, dreary, pissy and nippy, but I wouldn't give a chit if I had a proper garage and full insurance at the moment.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:31 am

Well the cool (cold) change has hit. More gale force winds but driving rain and thunder and lightning. And the temp has dropped 20 degrees c in half an hour. Typical Geelong weather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:57 am

At least in Queensland we only get 4 seasons in a year, not in one bloody day!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:59 am

Good news Michael. It sounds like it's a nightmare in the Adelaide hills.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:57 am

Yeah Pete, I wouldn't want to be there. It's settled down to a steady soft rain here now. I only hope that's what there getting in SA.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:00 am

Perfect queensland weather. Occasional showers too cool you down while ridding, reducing the possibility of a heat stroke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian riding conditions   Australian riding conditions Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Australian riding conditions
Page 1 of 1