GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:03 am

Just went into the garage to say hi. I had been unfaithful and rode my Multi over a weekend away with the boys. I will repent and only ride the little 850 this weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:18 am

Tod. wrote:
You sure know how to piss people off. 39c? That's unobtainable in my country. It's fucking taters here, and spring is starting to look further away from the rim of my coffee cup this morning. I need to ride a proper bike before I turn into a gibbering wreck and they put me in a rubber room.

Haaaaaaaaaarrrr! Made me laugh. Rubber room is about right!

Having now straightened my oil cooler cover I am on the search for replacement adjustable levers to keep me quiet. Don't want to pay Pazzo prices and not sure if the shorter or longer levers would be the best shot. Not bothered if they are Chinese versions or from outer Mongolia as long as they fit and do the job [ I just do not like the standard ones ]
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:35 am

wyno wrote:
When winter is over, you can get on your GRiSO and whisper to her , "your sister was better" and then see if you can hang on for more than 8 seconds.

that was "snort my coffee out my nose" funny!!!!
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:08 pm

I'm a bit late to post but did a 180km circuit on Sunday, with a morning coffee stop.  Conditions were cloudy and just nudging 30 C, so all good with the world.  Now to give my big girl a wash before the deluge predicted in a few days time.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:43 am

plantboy wrote:
I'm a bit late to post but did a 180km circuit on Sunday, with a morning coffee stop.  Conditions were cloudy and just nudging 30 C, so all good with the world.  Now to give my big girl a wash before the deluge predicted in a few days time.

That counts and is good as long as it was the GRiSO cleaning that held you up from posting. Cool
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Beautiful day here in Seattle, so I got the GRiSO out for a bit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:21 am

Hey, I reconize that place, what did you do, about 3 miles round trip from your place to mine?

BTW, for my friends Down Unda, it's tough to tell since it's the middle of the winter here, but in the first photo, Steak's bike is parked next my KIWI vine! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:29 am

Just a short run up Snoqualmie Pass for a late breakfast. As you can see, it's a bad year to be in the winter sports business here in Washington - that's a pretty bare ski hill in the background.

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:05 am

After more than a week of rain at the first sunny break finally washed my GRiSO - first time since about last August.  Then found my oem 2008 battery was too low on charge to fire her up.  Might be time for a new one, but we'll see how it goes on the automatic trickle charger overnight.  I want to ride tomorrow, so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 am

After 7 years it's days are numbered.
What replacement battery do you want Gil? I can do a Yuasa YTX20CH-BS for my cost, about $125
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:23 am

Wayne, you have a deal mate. Thumbs Up  Assuming I can keep things going a little longer I may have to take a run up your way before the cabal. 

I usually do well with batteries.  My last bike (an early 08 Ape Shiver) was still going very well on the original battery when I sold her in the middle of last year, and I know her new owner has yet to buy a replacement.  Yuasas really are the business.
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:04 am

plantboy wrote:
Yuasas really are the business.
Unless you are in a 787...
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:50 am

It's a rainy morning in AZ, detailed the GRiSO only to get it dirty later.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:18 am

Looks great - Garage is a bit dirty though! Viva la Fiesta
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:15 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:
plantboy wrote:
Yuasas really are the business.
Unless you are in a 787...

Bwahaha
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:23 pm

I rode down to Sydney to visit the importer and get some fixes for running PADS with Windoze 8, last time I did this trip my CARC pinion nut lost its preload. No such problem this time but I did discover that I still have a tiny leak from the CARC bevelbox seal. Bugger, I thought I'd fixed that!

It's not terrible, just enough to put spots on the wheel rim that attract dust but it's the sort of thing that niggles away at me because it shouldn't be there, Grrrrr! Well I know what I'm going to be doing to my GRiSO today...........

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:34 pm

ghezzi wrote:
After 7 years it's days are numbered.
What replacement battery do you want Gil? I can do a Yuasa YTX20CH-BS for my cost, about $125

That's a good price. I can't get 'em for that. I think that generally the Yuassas are very good batteries. The important thing is to put them in to service properly. 95% of all issues with them are caused by people just sticking the acid in, puting the battery in the bike and riding. This can be catastrophic as the battery needs time, (At least a couple of hours, better yet leave it overnight.) to allow the acid to be absorbed into the mats. If this doesn't happen when the bike starts and the alternator starts charging not only will the plates/mats warp but the electrolyte will boil out and will damage the bike! There are instructions in the box for a reasons! Read and follow them!

I've had much better luck with Yuassas than with a lot of the cheaper brands like the excreble 'Motobat' brand which seem to last about a week and have the shittiest posts ever put on a battery, ever!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi,

I started to take my camshafts with flat tappets out.
To change it , preventive, with a set with roller tappets.
For you, Pete, it's work you do quite more.
Luckely for me, it stays a bit of challenge.
I love to do that by myself, working on my G12, keeping it in perfect condition.

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Do you have to pull the heads on yours? If so make sure you don't loose/misplace the oil dowels between the barrel and head and head and cambox/rocker support, (Cambox and rocker support even if the heads dont come off!) it's easy to do and they also bend easily so be gentle.

I suppose I could rollerise mine today too but it's running so damned well I can't be bothered!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:16 am

Hi Pete,

thanks for the advice.
Yes, I've seen them, both between the cambox and heads.
And yes, I'm pulling of the heads, so I've also seen them between the heads en cylinder.
No problem...
Nice expression... rollerise your bike ... Laughing

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:15 am

Enzo the baker wrote:
It's a rainy morning in AZ, detailed the GRiSO only to get it dirty later.

What kind of dogs do you have there Enzo? Always room for a dog thread drift!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 am

Pretty observant Steak, my wife and I are supporting members of a Golden Retriever rescue group in AZ. We have adopted eight Golden's over the years. Right now we have two, Enzo my namesake and Chloe. We lost Ellie our white crème English Golden last Summer and I don't really think we are over the loss yet.

Ellie & Chloe

Chloe

Enzo
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Great looking dogs Enzo! I really like that photo of Ellie in the planter, funny. I know what you mean about losing a dog, I don't think you can ever get over it. I lost both my dogs in 2013, one in June and the other in September, I still miss them terribly.

Sue and Cash

Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:25 pm

Beautiful dogs Steak, really regal looking. Loosing two in one year is a heartbreaker. I love the picture of the side hack with the dogs. The video was neat, lotta love shared in that one. My wife and I prefer large dogs, we like to play and wrestle with them and their bulk and size is comforting on those rare cold Arizona nights. Have you adopted or otherwise added to your tribe since their passing? Lately the Golden rescue groups around here have almost no dogs for adoption. It's a good thing but I worry if we will be able to find a couple when Chloe and Enzo cross the Rainbow Bridge. Hopefully  that will  be many years down the road....
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Difficult to deal with losing part of the family ( and that is what they become as you know )

Great vid and a good way of keeping the memories! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next