GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Crash bars / Engine protectors....

Go down 
+32
cognosticator
sideshowbob
george5421
Guzzi Cat
motor-timothy
paulbrice
DeepSpace
Oz1200Guzzi
Ad B
guzziownr
Weißgerät
Lemppari
H-E-ROSS
Pete Roper
beetle
Papa Lazarou
Omnis
wardest
rboe
tocino
Grisonut
mark111
Triman023
Slo_Mo_Shun
wallycycle
Phang
Grisodude
TalkingGriso
NorthBayGriso
Uzidzit
Steak
jollyjeweller
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:26 pm

me see...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:00 pm

I guess I'm not special.

Sad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:34 am

So this image format must be for windblows. After much stuffing about with different browsers, I managed to download the image to google drive. Webp is a format developed by Google, but their own apps won't display it. Ferk me. Eventually, I saw a thumbnail image.

Yes, it's a ball hex socket.

silent

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:12 am

It's the shoemaker's children that oft go unshod.

In stock at Home Depot. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 am

So, have you guys figured out which of the two is the best? Razz

I do realize that with a hard crash you're fucked anyway, but if you drop it, lets say, walking out of the shed or stalling it after the first few meters it may save you from some issues like valve covers which start to leak etc.

So for the low speed drops, which one of the two should i go for? I have dropped some bikes of mine, so i won't mind have something as they did prevent damage
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Personally I wouldn't fit anything for low speed drops....yes you will bump the cam covers & they will weep a bit of oil but you can easily change or refit them; you may break gear shift lever (no cover for that); carc cover id 50:50 call....and it looks better without them !
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 pm

This is a photo after my spill in May of last year. A similar spill a year and a half prior, resulted in my getting wet with oil as I limped home with a holed valve cover. The previous spill was sans crash-bars. I was satisfied enough with the protection offered by the Stucci bars to replace them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 am

Replacing a valve cover costs slightly more than a set of crash bars, especially since you most likely also need to replace the small plastic cap and the gasket. However more importantly the bars potentially help prevent more serious damage to the head’s internals when the crash is at higher speeds than 10mph.
I still plan on mounting a set next spring, I don’t mind the look at all.

Omnis likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:45 am

paulbrice wrote:
Personally I wouldn't fit anything for low speed drops....yes you will bump the cam covers & they will weep a bit of oil but you can easily change or refit them; you may break gear shift lever (no cover for that); carc cover id 50:50 call....and it looks better without them !

I’m with Paul on this, considered fitting crash bars at the start but decided against,
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:08 am

Those Stucci bars don't look too bad indeed. I know it doesn't make the bike look prettier, but i can save a holiday Smile
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:57 am

H-E-ROSS wrote:
This is a photo after my spill in May of last year. A similar spill a year and a half prior, resulted in my getting wet with oil as I limped home with a holed valve cover. The previous spill was sans crash-bars. I was satisfied enough with the protection offered by the Stucci bars to replace them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do the Stucci bars also help preserve the clutch pedal & lower header pipe due to the extra clearance they create, or will those still scrape the ground?
Back to top Go down
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 am

Has anyone tried frame sliders attached to the passenger foot peg mounts? I know they would be out in the breeze with leverage, but so would the carc protectors and the head guards. Or even where the peg bracket attaches to the frame, unless the whole idea is crap because it's asking for worse damage Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Hey George, have you tried bolting milk crates around the cylinders - they could double as crash bars and storage Wink
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Don't forget the highway pegs!
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:10 pm

sideshowbob wrote:
Don't forget the highway pegs!

Damn right don't forget those :-)

Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Is this the HB unit? Thanks
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 pm

george5421 wrote:
Is this the HB unit? Thanks

Yes, got them from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] great customer service and fast shipping
Back to top Go down
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Thanks, I like those better than the SL's. Joe
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 pm

With the replacement bars installed! I'm happy with the look.

Last edited by H-E-ROSS on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missquote)
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 pm

motor-timothy wrote:
H-E-ROSS wrote:

Do the Stucci bars also help preserve the clutch pedal & lower header pipe due to the extra clearance they create, or will those still scrape the ground?[/quote

I broke the shift lever in this accident. Luck would have it that I was in second. I slipped the clutch a bit getting started but made it back home with out tying up traffic!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:39 am

H-E-ROSS wrote:

With the replacement bars installed! I'm happy with the look.

What is the oil cooler cover?
Back to top Go down
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 am

H F,

Yeah, it looks great, in a shadow with the black bags!! And I see snow. Time to ride!!Nice oil cover, too..

Joe
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 am

Oil cooler cover is L.G.C., successors to Stucchi Luigi. It is in the "closed position" for winter. Photo was taken on a warm day a couple of weeks ago. Winter has since returned and has me waiting for another good day!
Back to top Go down
george5421
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
george5421

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 am

H-F

Did you go to Italy for the radiator cover? Couldn't find it here.

Joe

Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 am

george5421 wrote:
H-F

Did you go to Italy for the radiator cover? Couldn't find it here.

Joe

Here in the usa

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have spent a lot of money with MGcycle, good people

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash bars / Engine protectors....   Crash bars / Engine protectors.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Crash bars / Engine protectors....
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next