GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO owner from WA state

Go down 
+18
waterbottle
NorthernProducer
sidrat
Josh.C
f-man
siabeid
Street
Blue
Steak
keenerkeen07
Earl of Portchester
bioman
tocino
Laker
beetle
wardentm
KevinEmpire
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Congrats Kev, Very nice machine. Looks like you've chosen a perfect career , Cheap Guzzi's to boot. Your what we Aussies would call a "Lucky Bastard "
Enjoy the Rosso SE cheers
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:03 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
KevinEmpire

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:57 am

1151 wrote:
Hey Kevin,

This you? I am assuming it is... but. Very nice sounding exhaust. What do you think of the beetle's map? You say there is some work to be done on the low rpm / speed response. Better than stock anyway?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers

Yup! That's me!

That exhaust is currently for sale for half what it costs new! *Nudge nudge*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As far as Beetle's map goes, his map for the stock exhaust was PERFECT. The bike ran exactly the way I wanted it to. Despite several attempts we couldn't quite get the mapping for the Ago pipe to run that well. That video is a great demonstration of how it runs, especially if you listen with good quality headphones or a nice stereo system. Nothing terrible by any means but it has a sort of stumble around 3500-4000 rpm and some popping at small throttle openings.

I think if mark could get his hands on the bike it could be made perfect but I've decided to go with the Mistral hi-mount exhaust instead.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:27 pm

Was just thinking the same thing as Steak. Have you tried the stock crossover pipe with the Ago yet.

Would love to get my hands on one of those pipes too knowing it can be sorted properly running a beetle map.
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Hey, Kevin! Welcome to the GRiSO Empire! Or the Ghetto, depending on who you listen to on the forum Very Happy I'm running an Agostini myself, and really love it. Beetle has given me one of his vaunted maps, but I'm still lagging on getting it set up. I spent a fair amount of time in WA when I was younger
and had a Seattle girlfriend for the better part of a decade. She had Spokane roots and a lake cabin
in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho,  so I've been through your neighbourhood a few times. My brother is just North in Nelson, BC, and he gets a ton a boarder/bikers at his shop from Spokane each season. The small GRiSO world is ever expanding! Today Spokane, tomorrow.... the world! (or other parts of WA, lets not get too crazy!)
Back to top Go down
Kinkajou
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Kinkajou

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:35 am

Nice bike! love the red black color! mine is silver black but .... welcome from frozen calgary canada!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Quick question Kevin, Where do you put the Zoom H4N audio recorder? I'm thinking maybe a pocket for wind protection and then syncing the audio to video in post..
Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
KevinEmpire

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:06 am

1151 wrote:
Quick question Kevin, Where do you put the Zoom H4N audio recorder? I'm thinking maybe a pocket for wind protection and then syncing the audio to video in post..

Sorry for the late reply! I missed your post at first. I use a Kriega US20 dry bag as a tail bag for day to day use and the US20 has a zippered pocket made of a sort of rubberized netting underneath it for additional storage. I put the Zoom recorder in that netting oriented so that when the bag is strapped down to the seat the microphones are facing the left (ie, exhaust) side of the bike. With the straps cinched down tight the rubber netting holds the recorder in place so it doesn't move around and make any noise and with the bag physically on top of the recorder there is no wind noise regardless of speed. I tried just putting the recorder inside the bag, but it moved around and made extra noise from the microphones rubbing against the material.
Back to top Go down
derby
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
derby

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto Kevin,  can't wait to go for a ride with another GRiSO.  we have to hook up and ride sometime.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Hey Kevin,

Noticed your Rosso up for sale on youtube. Just curious what caused the change of heart?

Hope you get some good riding in this season whatever your on.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner from WA state   New GRiSO owner from WA state - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO owner from WA state
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2