GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO owner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:21 am

Hello everyone. Just recently required a 2007 GRiSO 1100 with 11k in it. I absolutely love this bike! I live you in central Virginia and this bike eats the curves beautifully. I also have read Soo much on the GRiSO maps by Beetle. I have ordered the cables and look forward to feel the results. Love this forum as I have learned soo much about the GRiSO and how to work on them and maintain them. I will have to do all the maintenance on the bike myself since there are no Moto Guzzi mechanics anywhere close to me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:58 am

Welcome aboard! Lovely ride cheers You have plenty of nice roads to GRiSO on around there - enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:03 am

Thanks cbxtc6. Will do!
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:13 am

Mike (cbxtc6), let's go help him explore those roads. I'm free in June and most of July. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Craig. You'll need to hook up with Bill Hagan and his band of brothers at the Moto Grappa.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Last edited by Street on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Clowell wrote:
Hello everyone.  Just recently required a 2007 GRiSO 1100 with 11k in it.  I absolutely love this bike!  I live you in central Virginia and this bike eats the curves beautifully.  I also have read Soo much on the GRiSO maps by Beetle.  I have ordered the cables and look forward to feel the results.  Love this forum as I have learned soo much about the GRiSO and how to work on them and maintain them.  I will have to do all the maintenance on the bike myself since there are no Moto Guzzi mechanics anywhere close to me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Welcome!  cheers

As for DIY wrenching, nothing wrong with that; it's what most Guzzisti do, especially with routine maintenance.

That said, not sure where you are in central Virginia, but I and others have had very positive sales and service experiences with MotoRichmond.

Street wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto, Clowell. You'll need to hook up with Bill Hagan and his band of brothers at the Moto Grappa.

Pete (Street)

We just did.   Very Happy

Seriously, I am at the veritable top of Virginia, so close to W.V. that the Mountaineer legislature just invited our county to leave the Old Dominion and join those folks.  Uhm.  Not.   Rolling Eyes

Anyway, there are quite a few Virginian Guzzisti and, in particular, GRiSO riders.  

Call, text, or email when convenient and we can compare notes.

1921!

Bill
404.8zip8.848six
wrhagan AT earthlink.net

P.S.  Your garage is WAY too organized, neat, and clean.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:17 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I would enjoy getting together for a ride especially through the Blue Ridge parkway. I'm afraid I have a little ocd with my garage, lol. Kinda of dad's domain/ man cave rolled into one. I love working on anything mechanical, saving money and sticking it to the man. Have any of you been part of the US Desmo Italian bike rally? Looks like they hold an annual meeting in Wythville VA every year.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:47 am

^^^^^^

The BRP is a jewel; I have ridden its length -- minus occasional exit-to-exit construction or weather-related closures -- several times.  Have done that on all but the V7's in my moto-harem, possibly the two best suited to its nature.  Will remedy that deficiency soon, too.  Kathi loves the BRP, so we have done it two up with Norge (and in the Mini).

I respect what I see as the purpose of the BRP and thus try to keep it within the 35/45 mph limits, tho that's difficult impossible on the GRiSO, in particular.  As you, of course, already know, the back roads to and from the BRP and all over Virginia -- even below the fall line in the Tidewater! -- are grand.  I grin on the GRiSO and other Guzzis when I launch from our driveway.

As for wrenching, I, too, make an effort at modest work, i.e., the usual suspects of VA, fluids/filters R&R, and the like.  After that is terra (& terror!) incognita.

On the bright side, you'll have to consider coming up for one of the annual Moto Grappa Tech Days. See the latest I posted here from last month's event: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For greater challenges, tho that's been -- knock on plastic  Wink -- limited to warranty work, MotoRichmond has been mighty fine.  As for "sticking it to the man," won't work there as Chelsea owns the place and Rachel runs the service department!   Very Happy

Desmo rally?  Baloney ... erm ... Balogna. Funny how a commie town has pulled off one of the greatest capitalist moto-marketing victories in history.  Come to think of it, Milwaukee has some Red roots, too.   cheers

Seriously, my brother rides a MultiStrada 1200S, and lets me ride it, too.  Yee ha!  Aside from some electronic gremlins, that is a stupendous machine.  Michael's had six Guzzis.  Not one ever left him stranded.  The Duc, uhm, thrice!  Evil or Very Mad

Oh, the Annual Guzzi rally isn't that far from you.  See this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more info about it and other activities.  I'm not a rally guy, tho I often use those as excuses to ride on a multi-day trip, do a cameo to say howdy, then ride on.  Several great folks in that small crowd, Lannis in Appomattox (a Stelvioist ... and Norton nut, tho that's redundant  jocolor ) comes to mind. And, the yearly rally draws "all brands" and characters.

Must go; my Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess (& incredibly indulgent spousal unit)  queen has decreed that our Corona confinement is a perfect opportunity to finish decluttering. I have tasks in the Moto Grappa that call me, but it's Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 time.   Wink

1921!

Bill

P.S.  Got and responded to your texts.  Follow up at convenience with others ... and, if near, a visit.

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 am

Thanks for the info Bill and responding to the texts👍

Craig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New GRiSO owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO owner   New GRiSO owner Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO owner
Page 1 of 1