GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO for tall rider

Go down 
+18
Nobleswood
rick pope
beetle
Buellbloke
Cereal KLR
il Postino
paulbrice
Guzzi Cat
CPB
CharlieSnyder
Street
bioman
LBC Tenni
NorthernProducer
wardentm
Steak
Daves-i-Know
PaxtonPete
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PaxtonPete
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
PaxtonPete

GRiSO for tall rider Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:06 am

Afternoon all, I have had a look around this place and like it's style, as much as I do the GRiSO.

Here's my question. I'm 6'5 and currently ride a Stelvio NTX, 2014. That pretty much fits me like a glove ergonomically. I do love the look of the GRiSO and MG's in general. Are there any equally tall riders on here (or taller) who can comment on the fit of the GRiSO.

Any views would be very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:00 am

Welcome to the ghetto, PaxtonPete. I am 6'2'', which is not 6'5'' , granted, but I think if you are willing to make some adjustments to

your footpegs and invest in some bar risers that you'll be able to find a comfortable riding position.

Maybe go for the vario-footpegs, since they offer 8 different options for your foot rest position,

that way you can dial it in just right. My 2-cents
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:40 pm

6'2" with both a GRiSO and a Stelvio.  More ape than gazelle (32" inseam and long torso).  The Stelvio truly is a comfortable touring machine, but the GRiSO is not exactly uncomfortable, just different.  If you don't mind folding up like a carpenters rule, the GRiSO provides miles of smiles.  I don't mind it at all in stock trim and can do 500+ mile days without any discomfort, although a little stretch of the legs every 150 miles for fuel stops are welcome diversions.

Some folks just can't stand being folded up like that.  You won't really know until you ride one for a bit.  It will never come close to the languid perch on a Stelvio, but you may find it simply "different" as I do.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:27 pm

G'day PaxtonPete
Welcome to the Ghetto from us all down under in Tasmania.
I cannot answer your concerns but I can let you know my history.
Compared to you I am a short arse at 5 10
I had some issues in that I could not handle the 'laying' down position.
I fixed this with the fitting of some 25mm bare risers, these allowed me to raise and bring forward (towards me) the bars, this has now made my ride bearable and I am happy.
Really, I think your only way forward is to try and test ride one, it is an issue you need to adress prior to purchase.
Anyway, I hope it all sorts oit good for you.
I am a very happy GRiSO owner now that I have the initial issues sorted.
Regards and best wishes
Caoi
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:53 am

I can't provide any suggestions as I'm a bit shorter and find the GRiSO comfortable. Anyway...welcome to the Ghetto.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:18 am

Welcome Pete. I'm 6'2" with a 33" inseam and I find the GRiSO quite comfortable. I did put 1" lower foot pegs that help with the longer ride comfort. I have arms like an orangutan, so I've never felt the need for risers. The thing about the GRiSO is that it's so beautiful and so much fun, it has the ability to make your brain tell your body that it's more comfortable than it really is. If it's calling to you, give it a go. Unless you are very old and arthritic, you can probably make it fit.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:05 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
The thing about the GRiSO is that it's so beautiful and so much fun, it has the ability to make your brain tell your body that it's more comfortable than it really is.

I couldn't agree more.  I am also 6'2", and I feel very comfortable on my (unaltered) GRiSO.  I should probably put some bar risers on and a set of lower foot pegs but somehow I just can't be bothered. It is fine as it is.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Not another Pete! Welcome from a short guy, 5'-6" who finds the GRiSO tailor-made for me. You're probably too tall to enjoy riding one, but I recommend you buy one anyway so you can have the pleasure of waking up every morning and admiring its beauty.

Pete "Street".

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
PaxtonPete
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
PaxtonPete

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:32 am

Thanks all. Next time the Stelvio goes into the dealer for a service, I will see if I can book a test ride. I am smitten by the looks of the things. If I had more cash, I'd do as Pete Street suggests.
Back to top Go down
CharlieSnyder
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
CharlieSnyder

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:32 am

Hi All,
Thanks for posting this question and your discussion. I just bought a 2010 GRiSO (750 original miles). I'm 6' 3", 35 inseam, so use to having foot peg height issues. Like many, I can make due with stock position and just rest/stretch stops. I will consider peg lowering, but I've also read that (with good tires) it is easy to scrape kick stand and maybe existing pegs, so stock may need to do. If pne plans to use the GRiSO for long distance touring, handlebar & peg adjustment makes good sense.

Good luck to you all in tweaking your rides & safe riding!!
Charlie

Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:10 am

6'2" here as well.  No changes to the bars, but did lower the pegs 1".  A welcome improvement.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Welcome PaxtonPete,

I'm 5'11" and like Steak I also have the GRiSO and Stelvio. For me the looks and style of the GRiSO win out every time (I love that bike) but I think that at your height it will be too uncomfortable for you!
I have the 1" lowered pegs and it is fine for me but for long distance touring I think you'd be way more comfortable on the Stelvio. Maybe if you use a custom raised seat and higher bars you could make it work!!

And for pillion comfort the Stelvio is way better, that was my excuse for getting the Stelvio  cheers   "to keep her indoors happy"

I hope you can make it fit you, cool bike.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:55 am

I'm 6'3" - you will get a warm left knee because that cylinder is nearer you but GRiSO allows you to sit back enough to avoid more than mild pleasure.
Back to top Go down
il Postino
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
il Postino

PostSubject: Tall on a GRiSO   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Hello,
At 6' 2," (34" inseam), I find that my stock GRiSO is pretty comfortable just the way the factory assembled it.  It is definitely more roomy than the Honda CBR400RR that I was squeezing on back when I lived in Japan.

Also, I took my wife out for a pillion ride, and she didn't complain too much about the accommodations.  Meanwhile, I didn't feel cramped with her on back.

These are, obviously, just one person's observations.  The best bet would be to borrow a GRiSO for an afternoon.  Maybe you can find an understanding dealer?

Ciao

Paul
Back to top Go down
Cereal KLR
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Cereal KLR

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:56 pm

6' here but found the peg to hip height an issue. Put on Knight Design 2" lower pegs and happy again. Have not had a grounding issue with them either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:00 am

6'3" with 34" inseam. The stock pegs were way to confining for me so I dropped them 1.5" and now they are fine. As far as scraping them ... if you're riding that aggressively you should be doing track days or actually racing. Otherwise you're as bad for the rest of us as the loud pipes idiots.
Back to top Go down
Cereal KLR
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Cereal KLR

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:03 am

The peg scraping comment was for people that question if a 2" drop was too much. After numerous Harley products that scraped at 27 mph in 25 mph corners, the ability to ride around corners is wonderful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:52 am

I don't think anyone is suggesting floorboards. Just saying that if you're scraping pegs on a GRiSO, you need to get on the track.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:06 am

Talk about re-hashing a much older post.
So what is the suspension like for all you lanky f*kers as imagine most are at the heavy weight end. I've read up there seems to be lots of issues with bottoming out.
Am 6.2 with 33inseam 107 kilos?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:11 am

Nope. Upgrade the suspension. Your kidney(s) will thank you.

In GRiSO we trust!

BobW981 and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:06 am

beetle wrote:

Nope. Upgrade the suspension. Your kidney(s) will thank you.

I'm also 6'2", or was when I was younger, 32" inseam, but short for my weight . I recently replaced the rear shock and so far, an quite pleased. As Beetle said, bottoming out was an issue before, not now.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:12 am

You won’t regret changing the rear shock

Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:20 pm

6'7"..... 1200 Sport for me Very Happy

I'd like a GRiSO, but the Sport fits sooo well.

And Paul B - aren't your knees supposed to rest on the cylinder heads scratch scratch scratch

Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:38 pm

I'm just 6' but made some extra pegs to relax on longer rides. Pegs are quite short and closer to bike's centerline than it looks. Works very well and don't scrape on corners.

hipower and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:48 pm

I've done something similar, except opposite. My "highway" pegs allow me to straighten my knees slightly when required, ever since that idiot orthopod buggered my right knee. They fold up when not in use.

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO for tall rider   GRiSO for tall rider Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO for tall rider
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next