GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's

Go down 
+2
Steak
beetle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Empty
PostSubject: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:16 pm

The God's of motorcycling were smiling down on this browned-off land today. It was a perfect day for it, sunny, light breeze, 23 degrees. The big G called to me and I answered that Siren call as if I had no will...

..ah fuck the poetic shite.

It's a bonza Australia Day. Perfect weather for riding, so I did. Up into the hills to Rosewood and across the top down into Tumut, my current favourite run. Little to no traffic, lots of sweepers and tight stuff too make it a GRiSO wonderland. In my opinion anyhoo.

The way up is burnt blacker than the blackest black thing. Last weeks heatwave didn't help as bushfires laid waste to almost 20,000 of acres of farmland and forest, destroying 5 homes in the process. I stopped to take a photo, but no picture I took could begin to help portray the devastation I saw. It was a sobering ride.

Then as I crossed the top of the mountain, the oddest thing happened. A blood thirsty Emu, seven feet tall if it was an inch, it's eyes the size of saucers and it's razor sharp beek glinting in the sun, raced across the road and bloody well had a go at me!

I was moving at a fair clip, luckily, because it managed to hit my left arm as our paths converged. If I was going any slower I may well have been it's victim. There were three of them, two smallish ones and I guess the big one was mummy protecting it's young.  Maybe the dulcit throb of the Termignoni sounds like the mating bloop of the male Emu? I might have got lucky if I'd stopped to take a photo....

As I fled down the mountain, I flashed a warning at two bikers coming up the other way. They probably thought I was flashing 'hello'. Maybe I'll read about their untimely demise in the paper tomorrow, "Motorcyclist beaked to death by a enraged Emu".

Time for a beer.

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
guzziman62
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
guzziman62

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:18 pm

Wow! I'm happy, no Emu's in Switzerland but a lot of cows! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:20 am

Steak, that's EMU. Ee em Yoo. Not bloody emo. Sigh.

Rolling Eyes 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Landman
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Landman

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:16 am

I think I'd be more wary of the emu - that kid just looks confused, like he's not sure if supposed to be scared or scary...

Certainly no giant birds around here, but I wouldn't want a big raven coming at me!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:43 pm

As I would say in France... After reading your story "Je suis emu". Razz 
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:09 pm

Grisonut wrote:
As I would say in France... After reading your story "Je suis emu". Razz 

ROFL!

Great franglais pun!

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Wasn't sure if anyone would get it... but glad you did.
Had to put it in there though.  Laughing Laughing 

Had a 400 miles ride on my new Black Devil today, I'm pumped!
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Lucky I have a French boss - now I get it... very clever  Very Happy 

I
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's   I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I guess Emu's don't like Guzzi's
Page 1 of 1