GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Adjustable foot pegs

Go down 
+11
GUZ21
MrBob
Hermanus
pauldaytona
Grisodude
Uzidzit
Grisonut
guzziownr
DungeonMaster
Steak
beetle
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Adjustable foot pegs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:03 am

I use the 30mm Vario pegs, they make for a more comfortable rising position for my 33" legs.
Also there are no ground clearance issues with them.

I have just ordered a set of these because the brake lever was a bit too high with the Varios fitted.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:52 am

Bump.  I bought my GRiSO 8V SE, and rode her the 200 miles home.  At 1.89m (6’ 2”) I’m seriously short of legroom, and had a cramped journey.  
I’ve started by ordering the Vario 30mm Adjustable Front pegs from M&P @ £90 via eBay.  
Next is to raise the seat height.  My options here seem to be a replacement ‘Gunfighter’ seat from Corbin Europe (in the UK).  Their price is an eye watering £756, without making any change to seat height.
I note in pics that Beetle has a Corbin Gunfighter on his GRiSO, likewise on the green GRiSO in the images. I’ll search for feedback on those.
Another option would be to have the stock seat rebuilt by an upholsterer ??

In my searches I came across the KC34 website with lots of Guzzi bling. One part that particularly caught my eye was their ‘Adjustable Moto Guzzi GRiSO Footpegs’ machined from billet. Very nice, but… €490!
Got me thinking whether such a plate could be fabricated, there many engineering workshops around here. Hmmm 🤔

Bob
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:16 am

Hi Bob - I too am 6'2" and spent a fair amount of time and effort getting my GRiSO to fit me.
I went with 1" knight design lowering pegs, Rox 2" risers on the handle bars and rotated the bars. Consequently, I had to replace the front brake lines- Spiegler helped on those
I got the Corbin seat and due to my bony ass, (others have not had issues with theirs) the edge of the corbin was putting a lot of uncomfortable pressure on my legs. fixed that with an Airhawk pad .
all is good now

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:41 am

davem wrote:
I use the 30mm Vario pegs, they make for a more comfortable rising position for my 33" legs.
Also there  are no ground clearance issues with them.

I have just ordered a set of these because the brake lever was a bit too high with the Varios fitted.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They look really good, and an option for my size 14 feet 😆

Chris W wrote:
Hi Bob - I too am 6'2" and spent a fair amount of time and effort getting my GRiSO to fit me.
[SNIPPED]
I got the Corbin seat and due to my bony ass, (others have not had issues with theirs) the edge of the corbin was putting a lot of uncomfortable pressure on my legs. fixed that with an Airhawk pad .
all is good now

Thanks Chris  Very Happy   Did you stick with the stock seat height?  or did Corbin raise their seat with more foam?  Being in the States, do Corbin offer a personalisation service?
The stock seat feels wide, perhaps consideration to altering the seat’s profile?  Not that I know how to go about that 😆

Last edited by BobW981 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:47 am

it's the stock Corbin seat
not sure about factory customizing options with them
Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:52 am

Chris W wrote:
it's the stock Corbin seat
not sure about factory customizing options with them

I’ve had a Ducati Diavel Carbon, which was also very low. By fitting Ducati’s Touring seat, it raises the rider by 40mm, and does away with the slope to crush your nuts on the tank 😂
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable foot pegs   Adjustable foot pegs - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Adjustable foot pegs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2