GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:14 am

waterbottle wrote:
fredfrenzy wrote:
boxerscott wrote:

Nice Italian collection ... do they all run?

Chris
Ha! Good question.  I've usually got  4 out of 5 running reliably and I cycle through riding them.   Currently, they are all running but the Benelli is still being sorted.  A sparkplug insert this weekend to stop blowby on the threads hopefully will get me there.
I don't have time for a new build/restore, since maintenance eats up my shop time.    Wink
barry

Yes a very nice spray of bikes  Thumbs Up , A pic of a mates lounge room, wife moved out..... bikes moved in  Shocked  1976 900ss  1978 900ss  and a 750F2. A while back I desperately wanted a 1000 Daytona to put in the lounge, but I think Jan might have moved out too ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Whoa Shocked This post gets better by the minute!

Barry, bikes of that era, I agree entirely keep them in good working order and do not worry too much about a bit of patina. Loving that deep workbench btw.

Chris
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:15 am

boxerscott wrote:

Whoa Shocked  This post gets better by the minute!

Barry, bikes of that era, I agree entirely keep them in good working order and do not worry too much about a bit of patina. Loving that deep workbench btw.

Chris

I restore as runners - try not to over-restore and turn them in to Garage Queens Rolling Eyes

Because of limited wall space, I built a deep bench for 3 working sides. My garage is pretty old-school - one day I'll do a proper workshop.

barry
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Mounted the Mistral Black X in the high position. My extension piece differs from The Saint's a little. I removed the footpegs cause I dont carry a pillion,but now need to make some sort of handle for when taking the bike off the factory stand.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:49 am

Hey Charlie you recommend the Corbin?
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:06 am

Very much so. It is a tad wider at the front than the stock seat. I have a low centre of gravity and all good. I have done 800 km plus days and no drama.
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:43 am

The bikes looking very tidy, CJ.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:34 am

Two sets of tires arrived by post this morning ......
A week ago I kindly received a fence staple in the rear pilot by some kind person
I had a spare pair in the garage, Bridgestone Battlax
Took the rear up to the motorcycle shop to be fitted, brand new tire 20mm slit on the side wall
Sent it back to supplier, Port MacQuarie Motorcycles, they said they would have a look and consult with Bridgestone, I thought I would never get a replacement .... So, I ordered a new set of Pilots
So, this morning with no notice a replacement arrived for the damaged Battlax and the Pilot pair.
Good on Port MacQuarie Motorcycles and Bridgestone who have impressed me with their customer relations.
Fitted the Pilot to match the front.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
sono
Carlotto
Carlotto
sono

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks so much to Steak for re-mapping my bike yesterday. What a big difference! Also thanks to Street for hosting all of us and providing the garage, food and libations. Great meeting new people and hanging out with you guys and gals. Great night!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eatonopoke.com
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Canyon Carver wrote:
all gdash sweep is normal Main fuses ubde seat are giid. Where is the starter cover? where is the starter?

OK. I had it dropped off at TO Motorsports and they were perplexed until the cracked into it and found a couple broken bits relating to the Cam chain assembly.
They are working on it now. I'll refrain from commenting further until it's fixed.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:37 am

I have no such compunction.

The person who carried out the rollerisation broke the tensioner which would of been obvious, (Ask Mark III who posts here, I did it to his but I fessed up.). Fail # 1.

Fail #2 is the decision to align the sprocket location pin with one of the holes in the flinger ring. I have no idea why the flinger ring has holes that align with the peg? It can't even be for ease of assembly, at least in any way that I can see but if you are completely ignorant of the laws of mechanics I suppose it seems obvious that if there is a 'Hole' you should line it up with the peg. For what it's worth I've seen a bike in my workshop subject to exactly this sort of stupidness.

Why you continue to try espouse the wonders of this fool, his products and his mechanical acumen I have no idea but I wish you the very best in getting some sort of satisfactory redress. You'll be up for valves and a head job at the very least.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:33 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I have no such compunction.
Thats a shame Pete. Id give you some of mine but my compuncter is on the blink
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Best make sure they save the part so you can examine for evidence of epoxy. If true, he must be held accountable.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:09 pm

It is quite easy to bust the tensioner blade if you use the wrong screwdriver to pry it back. As I said when I was doing the first tappet swap on Mark S's bike, (It was only the second or third I'd done from memory.) I used a driver with a too wide blade and managed to inflict similar damage. Thing is it was obviously immediately apparent I'd screwed up so I just apologised and got on with fixing it. Fixing it requires removal of the motive unit, taking off the gearbox and clutch to access the plug for the tensioner mount and then removing it and the tensioner pivot bolt to extract the tensioner.

It's not hard but it is time consuming. As for the peg coming out of the cam? I'd guess that was just dumbfuquery but you can see that no Loctite was used on the sprocket retainer bolt so possibly it loosened off allowing the plate to rotate to the point where the peg escaped. If the bolt was still tight though it was pure stupidity.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:50 pm

sono wrote:
Thanks so much to Steak for re-mapping my bike yesterday. What a big difference! Also thanks to Street for hosting all of us and providing the garage, food and libations. Great meeting new people and hanging out with you guys and gals. Great night!

Agreed, was a great night. Looking forward to next time, will ride my GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:15 am

Blue skies for the first time in months and a pleasant 15 degrees meant I got to go for a ride today. GRiSO has been sitting since mid May, 'cos the weather has been shite. GRiSO fired up on the first stab and it was like it had been lusting for the open road. Gearbox was a bit slow and sticky at first, but once warmed up went into 'snick' mode.

I'd added some more geegaws a few days prior. You lot probably won't like it, and Pete will call it names. I like it and it shaved another 3kg off the bike. Yes Wayne, they're Bellagio footpeg plates.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:22 am

Yeah, I think it's uggers but it's not my bike and it makes engineering sense so it gets a pass.....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:44 am

It will make greasin the awing arm much quicker.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:28 am

I'll be blacking out certain bits and changing the fugly hardware for shiny socket head screws.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:53 am

Your Cross Tube is exposed for all to see, Oh the shame the shame Laughing
Ghezzi posted a couple of pics today of a 1200 where the pork chops were machined out, might look at mine tomorrow
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:02 am

Good idea for the Diavolo Verde.

I really wish I had a black frame.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:06 am

Stock Bella has lovely alloy frame plugs in those two ugly holes.

I approve!
Back to top Go down
bumati
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bumati

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Hello

Picked it up in Philadelphia and woke up in columbus Ohio. I appears to have a rather bad oil leak from the clutch side head. The breather tube is pretty cracked. Lost about a quarter on the 493 miles

Bight spot it my boots have now been conditionedited.

Jwh
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:34 pm

scratch Clutch side head? The clutch is behind the motor.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:43 pm

beetle wrote:
I'd added some more geegaws a few days prior. You lot probably won't like it, and Pete will call it names. I like it and it shaved another 3kg off the bike. Yes Wayne, they're Bellagio footpeg plates.

Beetle, Shaved off another 3kg you say. How this time? Overall how much net weight have you removed off your GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
bumati
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bumati

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Hmm. Where I am from, you have the clutch side and brake side. Some people have a hard time either left or right, it all depends on which way you're facing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next