GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Ah, OK. Wouldn't left or right be easier?

With the hoses they are fairly crap but unfortunately due to their pre-formed nature and routing the're hard to replace with anything else. If the cracks haven't gone all the way through a temporary fix can be achieved by smearing the ends with silicone sealant and wrapping them with insulating tape before using a common-or-garden jubilee clip to secure them to the spigots on the breather plates.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bumati
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bumati

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:07 pm

Pete,

Pretty sure that it is toast. Thinking high temperature silicone tubing with the OE pice as the shell.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Will you be able to make the required bends without the pipes kinking, especially when they get hot? Problem is if they do the engine won't be able to vent and you'll pop your main seals.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Hacky wrote:

Beetle, Shaved off another 3kg you say. How this time? Overall how much net weight have you removed off your GRiSO?

Pulling the side plates off (pork chops) and all associated hardware, plus the exhaust support/rear peg bracket. Their combined total weight offset by the Bellagio plates plus the new carbon fibre exhaust clamp, and the two little brackets I made to support the rear brake master cylinder and CF exhaust clamp, works out to be 3kg.

From stock, I removed the complete exhaust and added the Arrow Ti pipes and the Mistral Carbon Hi-Pipe, replaced the stock clutch and brake master cylinders with Brembo radials, stock bars with Mana bars, rear guard with tail tidy, Ape mirrors with bar ends, rear shock with a Matris, and right pillion peg and bracket removed.

The factory screen was replaced with the Stryker fairing, and I've added crash bars.

I calculated a weight loss of ~17kg. Now with the extra 3 from the latest mod, all up ~20kg.

alien

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:02 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Will you be able to make the required bends without the pipes kinking, especially when they get hot? Problem is if they do the engine won't be able to vent and you'll pop your main seals.

Pete
This is a Pic of a fuel vent system I work on. The Hose is 1/4" I.D. Tygon 4040 , a soft silicon type hose and kinks easily. The manufacturer got around this problem by installing Springs ( Stretched Tension springs ) that just fit inside. the springs are to big to slide inside the hose fittings. A similar thing could be done to the Oil Venting system on the two hoses coming from the cylinder heads . Make sure the Spring can not slide inside the spigot on the Vent Plate Breather cover

Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:34 pm

beetle wrote:
Hacky wrote:

Beetle, Shaved off another 3kg you say. How this time? Overall how much net weight have you removed off your GRiSO?

Pulling the side plates off (pork chops) and all associated hardware, plus the exhaust support/rear peg bracket. Their combined total weight offset by the Bellagio plates plus the new carbon fibre exhaust clamp, and the two little brackets I made to support the rear brake master cylinder and CF exhaust clamp, works out to be 3kg.

From stock, I removed the complete exhaust and added the Arrow Ti pipes and the Mistral Carbon Hi-Pipe, replaced the stock clutch and brake master cylinders with Brembo radials, stock bars with Mana bars, rear guard with tail tidy, Ape mirrors with bar ends, rear shock with a Matris, and right pillion peg and bracket removed.

The factory screen was replaced with the Stryker fairing, and I've added crash bars.

I calculated a weight loss of ~17kg. Now with the extra 3 from the latest mod, all up ~20kg.

alien

Wow! What is the wet weight of a standard GRiSO? I recall it being a shitload, 240+kg?
Any chance of a close up pic of your bracket for the rear master cylinder?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:43 pm

I seem to recall its something like 237kg dry.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:20 pm

Thanks for the pic. Sorry about that I noted it was in an earlier post.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:16 am

Did the starter bypass wiring. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:34 am

The universe was trying to tell me something today. Another nice sunny day, so I took GRiSO for a run. Went to fuel up, and when I went to pay, nobody in the shop!. Waited about 6 minutes before someone arrived to let me pay. Then, as I headed out on the South Gregadoo road, I come up behind this tray back ute loaded high with stuff. As I go to pass them, a massive great plastic bin falls off the ute. I wag my finger at them as I pass and I'm sure daggers were coming out of my eyes.

Then the muffler fell off my bike.

In the aftermath, I think I figured out what happened. The fecking screw holding the CF bracket to the chassis came loose (or I hadn't snugged it up enough), allowing the weight to fall on the clamp on the midpipe, which then came adrift and the whole Hi-Pipe was flapping in the breeze. The pipe hit all three spokes of the rear wheel and gouged them a nice as you please, the bounced up and scratched the Tupperware, then the loose screw came out and the pipe was gonski. I can only thank the gods that the pipe didn't go through the wheel and end my day drastically.

Arse!

Cable ties are awsome.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:04 am

Shit Mark, very lucky. Looks like it will all clean up ok. Time for a wheel colour change ?
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:07 am

jeez, you don't log in for a few days and look what happens....
Beetle, I like the 'open' look without out those side plates. Might investigate more.
Beetle, shit!! Scary moments... sphincter factor 5/5.
Ron.. Beetle might have a 'slightly used' Marchesini!
Bill, something you need to tell us???

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:29 am

Shocked Pisser Mark! Glad it didn't take you down too. Note to self: go over all those sneaky fasteners I don't usually worry about, before they try to kill me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:24 am

Losing the Mistral High Pipe and the tubous connecticus probably dropped another 5 kilos or so off your dry weight though... Win!

Wink

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:14 pm

Nah, whole thing weighs less than two! Rolling Eyes

Maybe I'll get one of these zorsts:

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:34 pm

waterbottle wrote:
Shit Mark, very lucky. Looks like it will all clean up ok. Time for a wheel colour change ?

Mebbe. Pete says I'm a boring turd and will paint it matte black. Very Happy

How 'bout burnt orange?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:39 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
Shocked Pisser Mark! Glad it didn't take you down too. Note to self: go over all those sneaky fasteners I don't usually worry about, before they try to kill me. Shocked

Mrs Beetle asked me how it could have happened. I reckon I didn't nip the screw up when I was seeing how it worked with the Stucchi rack. I had it on and off a couple times while adding/removing spacers. Curse!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Crivens. Thats a bastard of a thing. Good thing it didnt get as pear shaped as it coulda. Still,how many here will check theirs after seein this. Sorta like motorcycle billemia.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Fuckin fucker.
Glad your ok
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Charlie J wrote:
Crivens.

Ralf z wrote:
Fuckin fucker.

Yep.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Damn Mark...you can't get a break!
Could have been worse but still...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Left the GRiSO in the garage today, but Esther and Jellybean and I rode over to the Sumerian Brewing Company in Woodinville, WA in the sidecar rig to check out Ducati Day, sponsored by the NW Ducati Owners' Club. Truth be told, it was a bit underwhelming, but I did sample a nice English style Nitro Pale Ale and there were a lot of pretty sweet red Ducks on display along with a handful of Ferraris and Lamborghinis and to my way of thinking, the best of show; this sweet 1959 Alfa Romeo Giulia (see below). (A good year, by the way, 1959 - check my bio...) Only one other Guzzi in the parking lot, a Breva 1100. Mostly Ducatis, a Triumph, and even a couple of Hardleys (come to see what all the fuss was about, I reckon). Lots of posing and lots of prosperity on display - it seems there are plenty of folks doing very well in our region despite what we read in the papers. Not a lot of "trickle-down", but those who are doing well sure seem to like letting everyone else "envy" them. Am I jaded? Not at all, in fact, I'm really glad we went. There was a lot of eye candy to satisfy my sweet eye teeth!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:19 am

Mark - whew! as you point out, lucky it wasn't worse; any chance those dings in the wheels could become bigger problems like cracks and cause wheel failure? Or are those wheels beefy enough? With the Marchesini wheels at the bargain price of 4K$, maybe now is the time to upgrade!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Steve, I've decided to replace the rear wheel, for peace of mind. Marchesini can stick their $4K wheels in arse, I'll get another boring heavy stock Guzzi wheel.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:53 pm

beetle wrote:
Steve, I've decided to replace the rear wheel, for peace of mind. Marchesini can stick their $4K wheels in arse, I'll get another boring heavy stock Guzzi wheel.

cheers

Sorry about your pipe/wheel adventure. Could have been much worse. Ride safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next