GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:35 am

When i got it, It used to run rough from 3-4 to the point when you hit 4Krpm, it felt like powerband. That was with a termi.
I then bought a beetle map thinking the previous owner hadnt remapped it, but in the end it was the same beetle map. I did the usual things, checked the valves, cleaned injectors, zero'd the tps.
I wanted a different exhaust so had this made and the first thing I noticed was the midrange power started earlier at 3 not 4 and because a lot more usable as 3400-3600 was 110km/hr on the freeway and torque coming out of corners was nicer too. Side by side with two friends 1200s grisos and mine lurches forward as stays in front also the note is sharper like its running better.
The overall length of my two pipes is probably longer than a single fwiw

Pete Roper wrote:
All my research indicates that a short pipe will gut the bottom end and midrange. It's due to camming and the head design. If you have found different? OK.
Back to top Go down
LDD
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
LDD

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:00 am

I fitted a straight through race can, without the db killer or baffles. Didn’t like the pops and backfires and discoloured exhaust pipes.
So went back to the standard silencer. Much happier with the performance and the engine feel.
Still have the factory mapping, and also a spare titanium race can!
Back to top Go down
mikebr
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mikebr

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:16 pm

Installed a new GPR Ghisa muffler with DB in.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Weißgerät likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheMuffinMan
Carlotto
Carlotto
TheMuffinMan

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:26 am

So I just bought a used 2017 GRiSO that's bone stock and need advice from the collective on exhaust setups. My plan for fueling is purchasing a Beetle map and if that doesn't get it up to snuff then maybe a power commander. My ECU cables are on the way from Lonelec already.

I like stock or slightly louder then stock but not obnoxiously so, DB killers will stay in. It's super hard to judge loudness based on youtube clips though. I had a 2009 8v with the Termi exhaust 11 years ago that was totaled in an accident so I'm familiar with that and thought it sounded decent and I liked the look but there seems to be better options then the Termi now.

I really like the look of the MassMoto 2-1-2 but from what I gather on this thread it has very poor performance qualities and is also really loud? (https://www.massmoto.it/prodotto/impianto-semi-completo-2in2-inox-hypothesis-moto-guzzi-GRiSO-1200-8v/)

I like the Arrow full titanium system (https://www.af1racing.com/Arrow-Full-Exhaust-System-for-09-17-GRiSO-1200-8V) but someone was saying it doesn't have the S-Bend at the 2-1 but the picture on the above website loos like it does or maybe I don't know what I'm looking at?

I like the look of the Agostini Hydroformed (https://www.af1racing.com/Agostini-Hydroformed-DK-Steel-Slip-On-For-MG-GRiSO) or even this Agostini slip on (https://www.af1racing.com/Agostini-Black-Steel-Slip-On-For-MG-GRiSO).

What would people recommend?
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:59 am

I would recommend the stock exhaust with a beetle map
It is punchy and smooth and still growls well.

(And of course, valve clearances set, throttles balanced, TPS reset, autolearning reset)
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Forget Power Commander, just forget it.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:23 pm

So, you live on Drury lane then?
Back to top Go down
TheMuffinMan
Carlotto
Carlotto
TheMuffinMan

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:50 pm

sideshowbob wrote:
So, you live on Drury lane then?
When I finally buy land enough to put my own private road on then I will definitely be calling it "Drury Lane". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:08 pm

Forget the MassMoto. It doesn't do the 8V any favours.

Either Agostini will work, and I have maps for both, provided the dB killers stay in.

I have map for the full Arrow system, though it is unlisted and only available by request. I run an Arrow midpipe on my GRiSO, and can be made to work by adding a few more Unicorn sparkle-farts. It works best with the Mistral Hi-Pipe.

You will NOT need to use a Power Commander with my maps.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
drawnverybadly
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
drawnverybadly

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Does anyone have a link to an aftermarket exhaust in stock and ready to ship in the US? AF1 is saying 3 to 6 months wait and all the other usual suspects are just showing nothing in stock.
Back to top Go down
TheMuffinMan
Carlotto
Carlotto
TheMuffinMan

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:19 pm

drawnverybadly wrote:
Does anyone have a link to an aftermarket exhaust in stock and ready to ship in the US? AF1 is saying 3 to 6 months wait and all the other usual suspects are just showing nothing in stock.

GuzziTech has exhausts ready to go I think.

groundhog105 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:30 am

drawnverybadly wrote:

What exhausts are you interested in? eBay often has well known options available, or you might try Agostini in Mandello del Lario.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
drawnverybadly
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
drawnverybadly

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:14 pm

Literally looking for anything ready to ship in the US. Not looking to get anything from overseas or Italy, I don't want to depend on global shipping right now. Even the stuff that shows as in stock on US websites is not actually in stock (surprising how many stores are actually just drop shipping) and the large diameter of the GRiSO exhaust system makes it tough to even find a universal exhaust that fits.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:03 am

Look, I can't help you with within the US but the Termi is in stock at TLM in Holland. I use them a lot for stuff and get it shipped direct from them to customers all over the world. To the US usually takes between a week and ten days. At the rate you're going you'll waste more time trying to find something in the US. Shipping is €35 world wide. Buy it through me and I'll knock another $50 off their price.
Back to top Go down
drawnverybadly
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
drawnverybadly

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:27 am

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep searching.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 am

Mistral no longer make or supply pipes in carbon.
In the UK they have a new collaboration with Moto Corsa.
Guzzibits also have a collaboration though Mistral don't brag about it unlike the Moto Corsa one.
Ordered the Mistral Stainless Steel Reverse Cone Short Polished Silencer £390inc shipping from Guzzibits.
£450 plus shipping from Moto Corsa  Shocked
Selling current pipe to pay for it, wont mention the make as dont want to offend the purists Laughing

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:54 pm

Mistral Short Conical Polished in Stainless with cat.

Nothing worse than posting a post on top of a post.
Oh well so guess having read all the way thru, unlike last time when was just looking to see if my intended was picured and recorded. I've discovered I've made a boo boo.
This pipe is only about 8inches shorter than the Termignoni.

Did older versions come without cats, I always assumed after market pipes were like race pipes.
This pipe is catted up proper, designed to run on the factory map with no changes except resetting the trims. (yet to do)
Obviously intend to balance and apply a beetle map at some point soon.
Are you saying beetle mapped my bike is going to run like an old dog  Shocked  its not significantly shorter than the arrow?

grisowin likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:09 am

Well it sounds more gruff than the Termi..... Wink
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:04 am

I was eyeing Mistral short in black. My bike came with a true shorty system...sounded very tinny and big harmonics at some rpms. Stepped into a deal on a used Agostini conical and mapped for that. I've had the opportunity to pop on an arrow as well-- nicely made piece--unfortunately the fixed mounting point doesn't work with my 'different mid/link pipe. I thought of trying to capture sound/video across the three, but I don't really have equipment to do a comparison justice.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:35 am

SMTCapeCod wrote:
I was eyeing Mistral short in black.  My bike came with a true shorty system...sounded very tinny and big harmonics at some rpms.  Stepped into a deal on a used Agostini conical and mapped for that. I've had the opportunity to pop on an arrow as well-- nicely made piece--unfortunately the fixed mounting point doesn't work with my 'different mid/link pipe.  I thought of trying to capture sound/video across the three, but I don't really have equipment to do a comparison justice.

Pipe fitting was a breeze except for needing assembly paste, I suppose it keeps the lines clean as room for a graphite gasket would heave incurred a step.
Sound is similar possibly not as intrusive around 80mph as the Termi, reset trims if thats what that does by pulling main fuse for 10 mins.
Always concerned me painted pipes, black attracts the shit and heat bakes it on.
Can't say noticed any difference in performance, still moves sharpish when required and returns a good clip, so much lighter the bike am loving it Cool
Hoping to get a beetle map with a lower clutch tickover, can anybody explain to me what thats all about? Mind let the clutch out a tad and the revs settle nicely around 1200ish.
Back to top Go down
iminspaaace
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
iminspaaace

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi All, brand new GRiSO owner here looking for some advice.

First off, about the bike, I managed to score a totally stock 2012 Tenni Green SE model, 1200 8V with factory rollers. Only 9300 miles, and for a decent price too! I have loved this model ever since I first saw it in the flesh and now mine is in the garage.

I have only ridden it about 90 minutes home, and already I've noticed the... underwhelming throttle response and torque at low and mid-range engine speeds. I was expecting a bit more grunt, tbh, and from research it seems like much is to be desired in the stock engine map.

Thus, my question: What exhaust and tune should I go with? I want a bit more rumble, but nothing approaching the "annoying the neighbors 2 blocks over" that all the HD owners seem to enjoy so much. A mild increase in volume is fine, as the stock can is rather quiet.

Currently, I am leaning towards a Mistral Conical in the brushed (or matte or similar) finish along with a Beetle map. Will I be happy with that? Also considering the GTM Meg exhaust, but I have a slight concern about committing to a version with or without a DB Killer, and I don't see a Beetle map for that particular exhaust; the GTM tune with flashing hardware is an additional $500 which seems ludicrous to me.

Feedback appreciated. My main goals are: increasing throttle response, better looks but keeping the retro/classic theme (no carbon fiber, for example) and a little more of a throaty engine sound.

Thanks! This is a great forum
Back to top Go down
iminspaaace
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
iminspaaace

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:40 pm

Buellbloke wrote:
Selling current pipe to pay for it, wont mention the make as dont want to offend the purists

Are you still selling the "unnamed make" pipe?
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:41 am

iminspaaace wrote:
Buellbloke wrote:
Selling current pipe to pay for it, wont mention the make as dont want to offend the purists

Are you still selling the "unnamed make" pipe?

That was a Termignoni no was never selling it, mentioned in a post was interested in moving it on right when joined the Ghetto.
A local to me Degs expressed his desire to own it so it became his, whilst he waited for me to obtain my new Mistral polished shorty in stainless.
Was only offered with wheels to tempt people out of the woodwork as hoping to shift wheels.
I have wheels now!

Current pipe
Current pipe has a cat, its not a race pipe, it sounds similar to Termi though less bass.
Have done the whole loud pipes to death with Vance & hines big shots on the fat bob am happy enough with mellow now.

Termignoni

Mistral before reset trims

Moto degs likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:47 am

I have the Agostini Oval and really like the tone and the fact that it's nearly as quiet as the stocker. A Beatle Map made a world of difference in the bottom end torque and smoothness.

Where are you in Colorado? We get out there to play most years. We have family in Arvada and Ft. Collins.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:21 am

@Buellbloke
Nice carpet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 22 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next