GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Second bike but why

Go down 
+34
fredfrenzy
dennis the menace
wardentm
Gr8V
Dilliw
Steak
GNORTS
remgitano
Midlifecrisis
g®eg
beetle
GUZ21
mike 850T
Baross
rboe
NorthernProducer
rudolf35
Diablo Loco
Papa Lazarou
Belfastguzzi
Browning
keenerkeen07
Jhtjon
Ekimyrf
not-fishing
Bill Hagan
Bulldog9
boxerscott
Pete Roper
LBC Tenni
Guzzi Cat
Charlie J
bioman
Birch
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Second bike but why - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:50 am

time to break out the source of my cyclonic irritation....... Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 am

My arthritic thumbs and wrists continue to challenge my riding, and I have often thought about the Mana -  I test rode one several years ago and quite liked it, nimble and quick enough, and the lack of a clutch handle was appreciated.  I think Pete is right that it would be a very acceptable touring bike.  I've had a max of two bikes at a time, and most recently (well, a few years ago) parted with the ST1300 that I rode about 30K miles - a truly competent machine, but godawful big.

So, with just the GRiSO in the garage, and with winter once again approaching, I opted for something that will give me a chance to blast around and have fun when the Oregon weather is "less than ideal:"

Being somewhat Italian, it was accepted by the local Guzzisti without too much fuss.  Here it is among friends, after a post-breakfast run up the Washougal River.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:38 am

Is that the new Fiata?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Steak wrote:
Is that the new Fiata?
Yeah, the Fiazda. Very Happy

For a Japanese-Italian bastard child, it's got most of the right stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:14 am

EVT for two up duty with Mrs Westbury and for not so nice days.

Back to top Go down
Gr8V
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gr8V

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:29 am

I have brought a new R1200RS as I wanted something for longer distances and hadn't ridden the my GRiSO since picking up the BM a few months ago. The new bike is great. Comfortable, smooth, plenty of torque, excellent for touring and has all the bells and whistles, I thought I might have to sell my GRiSO!! as I wouldn't ride it again.. Then I decided I should take the MG out just to turn everything over. I won't be selling the old girl, there is something special about her that the BM can't produce. Lucky for me the wife like the Guzzi the best and is very reluctant to get on the BM, recons its not a real bike like the GRiSO.

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:28 am

Bright lady you got there ........
Back to top Go down
Browning
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Browning

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:58 am

Gr8V wrote:
I have brought a new R1200RS as I wanted something for longer distances....

Nice. I think the R1200RS is the best looking motorcycle BMW makes now, the R1200GSA (which I happen to have) being the ugliest LOL. Either makes a great tourer though.
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:19 am

hi,i have suzuki vx800 which i bought in 2013 to fix up and occupy myself after having a heart attack and a minor stroke i had no balance i couldn,t even stand up i had to learn to walk again. i sold my triumph bonnie and matchless g80.i never thought i,d ride again but having a perfectly good bike just sitting there the temptation was to much and in april it happened i was riding again the best ride of my life amazing feeling,5 years to recover someone or something was looking down on me.i got another shot at life and the old vx800 gave me my life back so i,ll keep her.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 am

I consider the GRiSO to be my second bike. It shares the garage with with a '98 Ducati 900FE, an '06 Ducati 1000S Sportclassic, a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC, and a 2013 Triumph Scrambler (the little woomin's bike)
The Tiger is my number one go to bike - It does everything well, never complains, and takes all the shit that I can throw at it... Set up for touring with Jesse Bags and useful farkles (heated grips, bash plate, Arrow Exhaust, Triumph and Denali aux lights, horns off a Caddy and a bunch of other shit that I can't remember) Anyways, best touring/commuter bike I've ever owned. Sweet ride and very comfortable.
The GRiSO on the other hand is for days when I just want to tear around the twisties after work or on weekends, or just want to have fun. Never been on a long trip with it and never will. Don't get me wrong: I love the GRiSO and I'll probably never sell it (had the chance this year, but sold my month old Z800 instead), but it's always going to be my second bike.
The Ducatis are mostly dust (and scratch) collectors: I roll the 1000S out of the garage once in a while and fire it up just to make sure that it's lubed (though mostly to piss off the neighbors), it's got less than 5000 km on the clock and still has the original tires so I,m trying to preserve it. Also, its a bit (a lot) of a painful riding experience, so it gets rolled back into the garage once the neighbors are sufficiently pissed off. The 900FE gets a day ride around the twisties once a year for shits and giggles until my ass has had enough, and back into the garage it goes...
I don't get to ride the Scrambler other than around the block once or twice a season after my wife complains about this or that... Fucking bitch.. well, not really, just sayin'... especially if she reads this..
Anyways, if I was in a bind and had to sell the bikes, even though I consider the GRiSO to be my second bike, it's the one that I'd keep. I could always buy another Triumph (probably would) when money permits, fuck the Ducs though. Not sure what I was thinking when I bought those things...
(to be fair, the 1000S was a moment of weakness - and a good credit rating)
So to summarize this rambling novella, the GRiSO is my second go to bike, but first in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:29 am

Insurance money coming soon. The Tu250X is nearly done. Sell the TUX. Buy a morini I 3 1/2.
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:57 am

I had a Morini 3 1/2 Sport, great little bike
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:20 am

Ekimyrf wrote:
I had a Morini 3 1/2 Sport,  great little bike

Still got one - and an engine on the bench and a frame in the rafters. Not the easy thing to come by in the States.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:21 pm

Sweet! I see you've got your earthquake straps in place. Good move. Would suck to have that beauty fall off the bench.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Street wrote:
Sweet! I see you've got your earthquake straps in place. Good move. Would suck to have that beauty fall off the bench.

Hah!    I felt like a Barbarian, so I built a quick and dirty stand from angle iron, so all is well.

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Ekimyrf wrote:

Always wanted one. They were just too expensive when new. Now...they are a bit of a steal.
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:02 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Ekimyrf wrote:

Always wanted one. They were just too expensive when new. Now...they are a bit of a steal.

In the States, they cost as much as a Honda 750 four in the day. Made it hard to justify unless you had lots of disposable income.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:55 am

fredfrenzy wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:
Ekimyrf wrote:

In the States, they cost as much as a Honda 750 four in the day.  Made it hard to justify unless you had lots of disposable income.

In the UK, much the same. Now, they are around £3500-4000 for an excellent one. Much less for a doer upper. So, cheaper than the 750-4. Which I've always hated.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:02 am

fredfrenzy wrote:
Hah! I felt like a Barbarian, so I built a quick and dirty stand from angle iron, so all is well.

Thumbs Up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:47 am

I currently own five bikes. I have owned my '12, now rollerised and lowered 1", GRiSO, the longest and consider it my "keeper"/#1. Other bikes I enjoy and rotate for rides weekly are; '12 V-7 Racer (lowered 1"), '94 Harley Davidson FXLR custom paint (for rumble and handling), '02 Harley Road King (it called my name and the price was right), most recent, a few months ago, and a 2013 Victory Judge. The Victory came about after briefly trading rides on my Road King with a Judge. The Road King is up for sale at present.
A bike that I would enjoy riding for shorter days would be a BMW S-1000R. I test road one and it scared the crap out of me. I would lower it an inch and enjoy. I'm 5'7" and like my feet on the ground at stops.

Last edited by Canyon Carver on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:43 am

An update on my other 'mistress', the RS485
(Aprilia RS250 with a Yamaha RZ motor - bored and stroked to 485cc)

It is torquey and tractable enough that you can ride all day between 3 & 5,000 rpm, although it spits and farts compared to a beetle tuned GRiSO. Nature of the beast.
Trouble is, it goes like a scalded cat between 6.5 & 10k, so there is always the temptation to be silly. Done 500k and still messing about with jetting looking for the sweet tune at 1/8th throttle. Frequently find myself doing 130kph in a 60 zone (although that is slightly more than 1/8th throttle). Get caught and you earn free sneakers for the next 6 months, and you may never see your wheels again.

So, it is just too hard to ride ................... sensibly, and if I'm having a 'crinkly day' (wanna ride like an old woman) it's just a total pain in the ass ............ and the wrists ............ and the neck ..........

Think of it like your favourite super model, as a girlfriend. Spending a weekend with her is absolute BLISS! Spending a year with her would freakin' kill ya.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Sounds a lovely thing.
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:28 am

ghezzi wrote:
An update on my other 'mistress', the RS485
(Aprilia RS250 with a Yamaha RZ motor - bored and stroked to 485cc)

It is torquey and tractable enough that you can ride all day between 3 & 5,000 rpm, although it spits and farts compared to a beetle tuned GRiSO. Nature of the beast.
Trouble is, it goes like a scalded cat between 6.5 & 10k, so there is always the temptation to be silly. Done 500k and still messing about with jetting looking for the sweet tune at 1/8th throttle. Frequently find myself doing 130kph in a 60 zone (although that is slightly more than 1/8th throttle). Get caught and you earn free sneakers for the next 6 months, and you may never see your wheels again.

So, it is just too hard to ride ................... sensibly, and if I'm having a 'crinkly day' (wanna ride like an old woman) it's just a total pain in the ass ............ and the wrists ............ and the neck ..........

Think of it like your favourite super model, as a girlfriend. Spending a weekend with her is absolute BLISS! Spending a year with her would freakin' kill ya.

Any chance of a pin-up photo? Sounds a hoot.
Back to top Go down
cytocycle
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cytocycle

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:27 pm

funny looking GRiSO you turned the engine in the frame looks like a tractor. nice v7 engines the right way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second bike but why   Second bike but why - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Second bike but why
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3