GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Where to put the lock?

Go down 
+14
voulga77
motor-timothy
davem
sidrat
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
Bulldog9
Street
ITSecurity
Bill Hagan
anguscameron1966
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
DeepSpace
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Where to put the lock? Empty
PostSubject: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:39 pm

I was kinda wondering how you guys deal with not having space to put a lock anywhere ( like under the seat)?

I was kinda thinking of getting a disc-lock but it would be nice if i can leave it on the bike while driving around. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Pull your snorkel (I recommend it anyway) or install a lithium battery. Both will give you space to stash objects.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm

why do you recommend to remove the snorkel? Other than to create space?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 pm

Pulling the snorkel will improve midrange torque.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:40 pm

oeehhh i like that Very Happy

ever played with K&N filters etc on the GRiSO? Got those on my little V50 Nato and 850T4. Low range the v50 is a little difficult to get going well, mine runs a little rich, but mid and high rev's its fine Razz
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Stick with the original filter - no ifs, no buts. Others will explaing later...
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Not the cheapest but I have one of these fitted on the GRiSO

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope it's a help.

Cheers,

Angus.
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 pm

Holy shit that's nice!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:25 am

Do not install a K&N filter. You will be dead to me.

The stock filter flows more than well enough for the GRiSO. The same material is used on the 140HP Aprilias. As the CARC series throttle body flow is measured on the bench in the factory to set the throttle stop, adding a rock strainer air filter like the K&N will mess up the mapping.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 am

Uhm.

I'll bite ... what is the "snorkel?"

Oh, and speaking of "bite," any frostbite from Wisconsin? jocolor

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 am

Come on Bill, ze snorkel, is under ze seat on the GRiZO, and under ze tank on ze Norge (on top of ze airbox) - removing same lets ze air in ze airbox refresh faster and increases ze midrange.
Back to top Go down
ITSecurity
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:27 am

anguscameron1966 wrote:

Hope it's a help.

Cheers,

Angus.

Very pretty and nicely engineered - but adding unsprung weight, even if it is relatively close to the axle?
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 am

ITSecurity wrote:
anguscameron1966 wrote:

Hope it's a help.

Cheers,

Angus.

Very pretty and nicely engineered - but adding unsprung weight, even if it is relatively close to the axle?

300 grams / 10.58 oz.

"The RoadLoK system has been tested for both braking system impact and theft-prevention capability by IMR Test Labs and Thatcham UK. The weight of the entire system is under 300 grams and will have no impact on handling, cornering or braking. As for security, the system can withstand the required amount of attack time to be certified for Thatcham approval in the United Kingdom. Each system type has been tested by IMR Test Labs on interference with factory braking systems and has been found to have no negative impact."
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 am

I like it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 am

Thanks alot............... Now I have to go buy two............ One for the GRiSO, one for the Norge........... Mad Very Happy

anguscameron1966 wrote:

Hope it's a help.

Cheers,

Angus.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:19 am

I am officially unsnorkeled. Mid range torque good. Now I have room for my little friend.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:24 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

Uhm.

I'll bite ... what is the "snorkel?"

Quote :

Oh, and speaking of "bite," any frostbite from Wisconsin? jocolor

Bill

It's a very pleasant 2°C here, right now. That's 36°F in American.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:25 am

Isn't the snorkel's primary function to prevent you from stuffing junk under the seat and consequently restricting air flow?
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:59 am

Probs. It's no good for anything else.

Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:05 am

i removed the snorkel and then filled up the space with a radar detector, so probably no increase in midrange just less of a chance of being caught speeding!
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:32 pm

One I prepared earlier.

The snorkel is primarily a noise dampener. I use the freed up space for a puncture repair kit but a small disc lock would also go in there.
On the 1100 a de-snorkel certainly makes a slight difference in the mid range and the extra induction noise is barely noticeable.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Nooo, after a year of juggling my disc lock in my hands while riding I see this about removing the snorkel elephant

Can this snorkel just be removed, no differences to the mapping required or other parts added to the filter to compensate? Just remove & done? Very Happy

sidrat wrote:
i removed the snorkel and then filled up the space with a radar detector, so probably no increase in midrange just less of a chance of being caught speeding!

cheers
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:43 pm

motor-timothy wrote:

Can this snorkel just be removed, no differences to the mapping required or other parts added to the filter to compensate? Just remove & done? Very Happy

Yep.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:52 pm

beetle wrote:
motor-timothy wrote:

Yep.

Fantastic, thanks!
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Good good. I'm still in doubt about the Roadlok's. They are the nicest for sure, but i think i need certain "approvals" on it for ze enzuranze Razz

Gotta check the fine print.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to put the lock?   Where to put the lock? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Where to put the lock?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next