GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Removing the passenger pegs

Go down 
+3
Pete Roper
beetle
GuZeee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

Removing the passenger pegs Empty
PostSubject: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:09 am

So, I removed the passenger peg bracket from the right side, and filled the resulting open bolt holes with black washers and new bolts. It looks great, but I can't remove the one on the left side because it also serves as the bracket for the exhaust. I have the Mistral high-pipe slip-on, and it seems it could be easily attached by a bracket attached to one of the bungee hook bobbins that is bolted into the frame.

Does anyone know if such a bracket/hanger is available? I don't have enough skill or equipment to make something myself. I think I read in another thread that beetle has made one -- I wonder if this is a thing that I could buy?

Here are some pics of the right and left sides (also showing off the lovely new Rizoma black foot-pegs).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:31 am

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:54 am

That's perfect! I was thinking to attach it with the front one, but the rear seems to work really well. Is it rubber mounted or just directly bolted on? I was wondering if rigidly mounting it would cause vibration in the seat. Also, do I see some kind of additional strap on the front mounting point?

You should sell this as a kit. I predict you will have at least one sale Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 am

I've sent you a PM, but I'll post here as well.

I have several versions, depending on whether I have the stock midpipe or the Arrow Ti midpipe. The carbon fibre hanger doesn't stop the pipe from moving horizontally, so I have a secondary hanger to stop it moving. Eventually I will have spring loops attached to the Ti midpipe and Mistral so the secondary hanger can be removed.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 am

Next time you come this way bring your Ti pipes and we'll get those collars sorted.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:09 am

Under control. Ratty has made some for me and will swap them out, as well as adding loops to the midpipe.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi, beetle   I too have a mistral high pipe with rear pegs removed. I made a hanger out of aluminum but would love a carbon one,did you make or find one that would fit? Thanks
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:15 pm

Hell, I use my pillion footrests to save stopping for a stretch. They're essential, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:52 pm

The CF hanger is a Leo Vince part # 303990502R.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:06 pm

kiwi dave wrote:
Hell, I use my pillion footrests to save stopping for a stretch.  They're essential, IMHO.

I was going to make the same comment, but you beat me to it, Dave. I hang my heels on the rear pegs just to put my body in a different position for awhile. I would never even think of removing them!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks for part number will be looking for one.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:34 pm

Here is what DÄS Mototec in Germany offers (but not for those high pipes):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi
      If anyone is interested in a carbon pipe hanger in US it supplied by parts unlimited. Part#1860-0956.in stead of leo vince number303990502r
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Here is where I ended up on this. I’m super happy with the result! I found this hanger and I mounted it to a rubber mount that bolts into the existing frame threaded hole. It’s very solid but rubber mounted to quell vibration. I found some black hex bolts to fit in the passenger bracket holes, and used black (painted!) washers. I think it looks great!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing the passenger pegs   Removing the passenger pegs Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Removing the passenger pegs
Page 1 of 1