GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

TPS reset question

Go down 
+5
lcjohnny
Pete Roper
Matias
beetle
2highlander
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

TPS reset question  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS reset question    TPS reset question  - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:07 am

The dash controls the indicators.

The ECU only logs shorts or open circuits in the injectors, so if it sees volts (more than likely it senses a current) then no errors will be logged. Likely there's not enough current to fire the injector, but just enough to prevent an error.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: TPS reset question    TPS reset question  - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:49 am

beetle wrote:
The dash controls the indicators.

That was my fault..... I told @Buellbloke that the ECU flashed the indicators........Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
i was being sloppy, Obviously i agree that the electronic control unit that gives pulsing current to the indicators is in the Dash  Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: TPS reset question    TPS reset question  - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:03 am

beetle wrote:

That voltage is good. It might be a case of it drops as things heat up. If the replacement and cleanup of the relays doesn't help, then I'm afraid it's getting into ECU territory. You may need to pull the ECU and measure the resistance between the pins on the injector and ECU connectors. A good check and clean of the ECU pins, and it's ground.

Replaced the primary injector relay, re checked the ECU, pins are magnificent beautiful and golden with no hint of corrosion.
You only have to look at that silver frame to realise this bike has lived an always sheltered life.
Removed the earth that too only looked rough on the outside, the connection and its thread look like new.
For some reason after a test run I have a run away idle when the clutch is pulled.
Attemped to pull the tank to investigate and my clever tool to help with disconnection popped the grey outer clip off its fitting ....... Shocked bugger Laughing
Weren't nothing wrong in there and the stepper hose was still where I left it connected, on the proper side.

The ECU controlled wire where it enters the injector about an inch back looked pinched, pinched all by itself, like someone attempted to fold it onto itself, the black outer insulation on the bad side is stripped right back.
On the good side its right up to the plug.
Its obviously been investigated in the past.
I messaged the previous owner who's been interested in my version of a restoration but been nothing but silence out of him.
I straightened out the pinch and the missfire has become less intense.
The exhaust note seems to have changed to a deeper burble, 3 or 4 spaced no spurts on the mile or so suburban roads and smooth as silk on the dual carriageway.
Am loathe to cut into that section of wire as the cores will be few and fragile.
Would the signal still work if soldered a section in??
Thats if I even could am no soldering guru.
Am not saying there is even a break there but something has or is possilby going on.

How do I go about testing resistance please??

Then when get back have the run away idle with clutch pulled Sad
Dont you have a map Mark with the no high revving startup to idle and no rise when clutch pulled, seem to remember you mentioning something back when was a newbie here.

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: TPS reset question    TPS reset question  - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:22 am

Measure the resistance between pin 28 on the ECU black connector and the right pin on the injector connector. Wiggle the pinched section while doing it if possible.

As for a custom map? I recall refunding your money. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TPS reset question    TPS reset question  - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

TPS reset question
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4