GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings from Petaluma, California!

Go down 
+13
not-fishing
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
wyno
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
usedtobefast
Richard
Street
beetle
Grisonut
ratso88
midnite
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
midnite
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
midnite

Greetings from Petaluma, California! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Just added a new-to-me 2012 (rollerized) to the stable. I test rode a GRiSO at my local Eurocycle, and was smitten. I couldn’t stomach their ridiculous fees though (list $7995. and they told me the best they could do out-the-door was $10,200), so started looking online, and found a 2012 with 18k miles, new tires, freshly serviced, and with an Agostini slip on and crossover... and new map to match - all for $5700.  She was delivered this afternoon, and of course, I took her out for a little spin... and was almost instantly addicted!   I felt like I rolled the dice on an out-of-state online purchase, but it was from AF1, and they had nearly all of the service history documented, so I couldn’t resist.  Glad I took the plunge!  The GRiSO joins my first foray into Guzzi, a V7ii, and my 2015 FJ-09.

So: a question for the community; being a tall bloke, I bought some Knight Designs lowering pegs, but can’t get the GD c-clips off for the life of me.   Any tips? - Figured it out thanks to Beetle’s advice. Pics from my first good ride added below...

Cheers! Looking forward to many years of GRiSO bliss, and to being a part of the Ghetto![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by midnite on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Hey, midnite, welcome aboard. Fun times ahead!

I have no idea about the C-clips you mention. Usually I just use a small screwdriver to pry them off.

Sharp looking ride. The blacked out exhaust is pretty slick, nice, I like it!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:53 pm

A small screw driver is also how I pry off those C clips.
I keep a rag with my thumb over said clip to keep it from bailing out on you. lol
They can be a bitch to find once they fall on the ground...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Welcome!

I've used wee circlip pliers successfully.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
midnite
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
midnite

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Many thanks, gents. I tried the screwdriver method, to no avail, but think those Circlips’ll do the trick. Thanks for the specific advice, Beetle: very helpful!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Midnite!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:46 am

Hello ! Welcome, bienvenue  cheers
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Welcome! Even with fees that still sounds like an awesome out the door price on the new one.

I'm in the South Bay ... might be enough GRiSO's in the area for a cabal (might need the Aussies to tell us how to do it right ... get together, ride, what else? Smile )

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:26 pm

usedtobefast wrote:

I'm in the South Bay ... might be enough GRiSO's in the area for a cabal (might need the Aussies to tell us how to do it right ... get together, ride, what else?  Smile  )

drink, bullshit, eat, sleep, repeat; shoulder to cry on, immoral support, bush mechanics, compare stuff (no not your donger) - all of this in a non-judgemental environment, including LGBQTIABCXYZ (I've put a few extras in cause you never know...). best of all have fun and what happens at the Cabal, stays on the Cabal.

Better still, come on over and we can show you the ropes. Any excuse will do. Note to self - remember to take photos.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Tony, you neglected to mention the goat leggings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Nah, Pete, that's the others: Pete Roper, Beetle and Pat (Bahamazoo) - me I don't touch them, but appreciate and tolerate those that are that way "styled".
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Understood. I wouldn't be too keen on them myself.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Softcocks!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Got one bite!
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:47 pm

Onya Tony.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:36 pm

usedtobefast wrote:

I'm in the South Bay ...

I used to work in Brisbane!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Midnite, when you say "being a tall bloke".... how big a boy are ya? (the Texans will get that)
Back to top Go down
midnite
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
midnite

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:34 am

Not a “big boy” by Texas standards, but bigger than the average Italian, and too tall to feel comfortable on the bike in its stock configuration 6’2”. The 1” KD pegs made a significant improvement, but would’ve been near impossible to use without toe peg extenders (even awkward on the shifter for me). I have some bar risers on the way too, which should make the ergos near-perfect.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 pm

midnite - welcome to the gang.
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Keep your old pegs.  The knights didn't work for me.  They gave me to much leverage so I kept locking the rear wheel under panic and the shifting was unsatisfactory.

I ended up going back to stock even though I don't fold very well due to my short shanks....
Back to top Go down
midnite
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
midnite

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:52 pm

not-fishing wrote:
Keep your old pegs.  The knights didn't work for me.  They gave me to much leverage so I kept locking the rear wheel under panic and the shifting was unsatisfactory.

I ended up going back to stock even though I don't fold very well due to my short shanks....

Appreciate the advice not-fishing.  I'll definitely keep the stock pegs, but have found shifting and braking to be satisfactory, at the moment anyway, with lowered toe pegs on both sides.  I'm finding myself consumed with correcting the 'corrected' fueling and exhaust on my bike.  Love the look, but I'm quickly learning that I may need to make some corrections to the corrections to get acceptable mileage and smooth torque/power delivery all the way through the rev range.  The adventure begins...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Midnite, Get a Beetle-Map - Done! Then you can just go ride.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Already sorted, Tony.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:25 pm

beetle wrote:

Already sorted, Tony.

Awesome! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
midnite
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
midnite

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Thanks for the map!  Can't wait to load 'er up and ride.  Still waiting on cables...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Petaluma, California!   Greetings from Petaluma, California! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Petaluma, California!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next