GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Suspension settings

Go down 
+3
paulbrice
anguscameron1966
kiwi dave
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Suspension settings Empty
PostSubject: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2019 10:08 am

Wondering if the hive mind can help...

Loving my GRiSO, but would appreciate a slightly plusher ride. The roads I ride (Somerset, Dorset, Devon) are a mix of good, bad, and downright ugly and the current settings are... well who knows? So I’m looking for a baseline. What’s a good starting point for a 15 stone bloke?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2019 10:11 am

I ended up winding the compression dampening on my Forks right out (minimum).  The difference was amazing.

Easy to try.  Remember to count the clicks so you can restore it to where it was if you don't like the new setting.

You could then try a similar approach to the rear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Twas a post on, dare I say it, GuzziTech by 'double.d' (Dave De Ambrogio) titled;

"suspension settings for fat geeza's"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ps. Dave said he was never 15 stone, but I reckon he's bullshitting. pirat
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi Jason,

Check out this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I replaced the rear shock with a Hagon Stelvio with a 100kg spring, the front raised to one ring showing.
The bike is transformed, i'm 100kg in my gear. Ground clearance also improved.

Prior to this after 120 miles or so on the GRiSO, arse and lower back had taken enough punishment. After the change I've ridden over 300 miles in a day and had no issues.

There's a few of us meeting up next month in wales, check out the Cabals threads for details. At least 2 or 3 of us have changed the rear shock and set up the front. Welcome to join us or meet if you want a look see and chat.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2019 11:31 pm

Hi Jason,

Agree with Angus - it's the base shock performance that's the issue & then the spring & then the set up. I'm running rear Matris with 115nm/mm spring for my 77kgs and that works much plusher than stock.......I also have a 2nd hand sachs Stelvio shock which helps but that's not as good as Matris IMHO.

Front end is harder to sort and I've done same with backing out compression, minimal rebound & correct sag using pre-load....it's OKish
Back to top Go down
BBB888
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BBB888

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Thu May 23, 2019 10:00 pm

I'm 100kgs in my gear - actually probably 105kgs these days.............I had my standard suspension set up by Race Lab and it was definitely an improvement. Ultimately I sent the forks to K-tech who swapped out springs and for their 9kg units (tried 9.5kg initially but was still on the hard side) and I went with a Wilbers on the rear. My original set up as follows:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope that image comes through and helps.
Back to top Go down
GuzziLooper
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
GuzziLooper

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Thu May 06, 2021 10:35 am

Suspension Setup Articles

I found this series of articles on an Aussie website. They do a good job of going through suspension variables and setup.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:11 am

So, after reading and waffling for months, and getting my arse pounded this past weekend on a couple of rough stretches, I finally ordered a GTM2 shock. We'll see how it does.......
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:45 am

Anything to report? Opinions? Gripes? regrets?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspension settings   Suspension settings Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Suspension settings
Page 1 of 1