GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:27 am

I rode the GRiSO to a close by Triumph dealer was able to test ride the new Triumphs,  Speed Twin, and Scrambler.  Nice bikes but wouldn't trade the GRiSO for either.  

I offered the owner a ride on the GRiSO. He took me up on it. He came back smiling. His first GRiSO ride.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Day off work yesterday, Friday, so I went out for bit of a ride.
I've been poking around Brown County, south central Indiana, for a couple years now and finally
strung together a few of the nicer roads into a nice loop. About 200 miles from start to finish.
Average speed 45, top speed 100, average fuel 42mpg, per onboard data collection.

Today, RAIN.

Sorry, no pictures. Maybe next time Wink
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 am

Valve clearance check. First time I have done it myself following the thread on this forum. Fairly easy job and has transformed the sound of the bike, for the better. From the service history, were last done at 14k miles, I have just touched 25k miles, so left it a little longer than I should have, but having done the job, will ensure these are checked at the right intervals.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:49 am

Futzed with the blow-by return line. Pushed GRiSO outside the garage to start it and check for..oil leaks? Odd noises? Explosions? Not sure. None of the above occurred.

I then rode it 3 metres back into the garage.

That counts, doesn't it?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:59 am

Finally took the GRiSO for an extended run through the mountains near home to test out the new suspension - nitron 22mm fork inserts and wilbers shock. It was sent up from Suspensions r us in victoria set up to what are supposed to be optimum for my weight and riding.
Well... spot on, the ride now is perfect. First thing that I am still getting used to is the complete confidence it gives through corners when you hit bumps. It holds the line true and stable, something it didn't before. For half the ride, I was thinking this is too good to be true that they were able to get this precisely right. I really need to learn the dark art of Suspension tuning.
To start, I wasn't quite sold on the nitron forks as they are now separate sides for compression and rebound like the V11 and I thought it was a step backwards considering that the original forks were combined, but the proof was in the riding and the point is moot now.

A couple of issues came up though - not suspension related.
The GRiSO oftens does not want to start when the button is pushed. Just clicks and won't even turn over. When it does this the dash basically restarts. Turn off and try again, boom, straight away.
Gotta check earth, battery and what else? relays? Anyone know where the earth strap is fixed on the engine/frame?

The other issue is the breather on the left side head is leaking. It had a heap of gasket goo from the previous owner and an old crappy o-ring which I replaced thinking it would fix it, but need to check for cracks I guess. annoying. I'm thinking I may machine up some aluminium parts to replace the plastic if its got a crack or damaged in some way.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:30 am

Main ground is just above the starter. Often loose and/or corroded. Remove starter cover to access.

The breather hoses wither and crack. Likely a replacement is required.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Hey knumbnutz, check out the "startus interuptus" thread, for future reference.

Also the earth lead is attached by a little piss ant M5 button head screw. My bike kept giving 'bad earth' fault codes for everything until i drilled the eyelet out to 8mm and stuck it on one of the M8 crankcase/gearbox mounts.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Thanks.. some home work for the week ahead
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:56 pm

So what do you do when you are drunk at the International Moto Guzzi Treffen in Holland, talking to another GRiSO owner, who is also drunk … right, you gonna have a look if your bike is really rollerized like the dealer said …. Very Happy

He also told me there is a 12 volt plug hidden behind the little fairing... good to know Smile
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Did the plug wire cap swap with the new NGK caps. Easy as Pie. Then went on a 275 miler thru upstate Vermont farm country. So Beautiful!! No Issues at all. I have noticed that my mpg's are getting better, the more miles she gets on her.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:50 am

I just sat on the GRiSO for a while today.

I do that most days when I don't ride. It looks and feels damn good and takes my mind off shit like my kids growin up too fast and my Dad's fucking cancer.

Back to top Go down
The Dogfather
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
The Dogfather

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:49 am

I’m sorry to hear about your Dad!!! I’ve been through the misery that is watching a very close loved one overcome by the horrible disease. Thoughts are with you and your family! I also have 3 x 20 somethings way too comfortable living at home. Downsizing in 18 months should solve that Smile

I’m glad to hear I'm not the only one that finds joy and sometimes solace in just sitting on the bike in the garage, often when the rest of the family are watching mindless crap on the TV. Often a glass of red (or 2) as pillion.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Thanks Dogfather.  BTW I think sitting on your bike while static to feed the soul is a thing!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 pm

I feel for you Pisano, I am in a similar place. My Dad doesn't have cancer any more, it was removed surgically a few years ago. However his body is failing him - hell he will be 96 if he gets there, next month. Watching him deteriorate very quickly is saddening, but it's been a good journey.

He and Mum still live at home (she'll be 91 later in the year) and my elder sister has moved in to assist.

I have been writing his eulogy over the last few nights and I do believe there might be the odd speck of dust in the eye. Last night was pretty bad, so I went down stairs and started putting my alternator back in the bike. I found this very therapeutic and didn't think of other things while doing what I was doing. I didn't sit on the bike, but I daydream often of me riding it somewhere where everything flows and the corners are taken well.

Keep your head up mate, there are still a lot of positives in life...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:36 am

Feeling the pain for both of you. My Dad still had his boots on every day till 89 and a half. To Dad, every day in the shed was a good day, and I have many fond memories of spending time in the shed with him.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:30 am

My best to all of you who've lost loved ones and that includes every one of us here. I lost a sister, my best bud, to cancer at 15 and my dad two weeks shy of his 63rd birthday. I just entered my sixties a few weeks ago and it's really messing with my head. Pretty sure I'll live longer than Dad, he didn't have a GRiSO to sit on in the garage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:01 am

Weary from the torment of my inner demons, I set forth for a restful perambulation astride my motor bicycle. Hither & yon did I venture, merrily.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:30 am

Thumbs Up

Just got mine running - found a 30 A fuse blown - spare went in and all good. My son arrives tomorrow and I may have lent him my car, so good timing. Added an extra cable loom (really short, < 50 mm) into the headlight cable. Took the Hi beam output back to the driving lights so that now complies with ADRs.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:25 am

I too ventured out for a tootle, albeit in the rain... well, I dodged 96% of the shower activity and had much fun on the wet roads over the mountain!!
T'was glorious.
I love my bike.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:08 am

beetle wrote:

Weary from the torment of my inner demons, I set forth for a restful perambulation astride my motor bicycle. Hither & yon did I venture, merrily.

Any immediately obvious signs of excessive oil use?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:31 am

No. It's only been 100km.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:15 am

OK, so not a definitive test? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:35 am

Nope.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Installed the lightech rear fender eliminator. A nice unit, came with a little LED plate and brake light. Getting ready to install new shoes, the Pirelli Demons are hard, old, cracking in the treads. I had bought a set of Dunlop Road Smart 2's for the Norge, but as I traded it for the MGX before putting the new tires on it, is a bonus/budget saving! (oh how we rationalize)

Before - Baby's got back....

After - Baby dont got back, but still has it....
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:03 pm

Fellow Dutch GRiSO rider had some nice levers on his bike. German build, 100 euro a set and you can select the colors etc. Nice. May solve some of the pins and needles Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next