GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Did the Gold Belt tour loop from Woodland Park, down through Cripple Creek and Victor and return. Enjoyed the twisties and the blue skies and moderate temperatures.
Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:39 pm

My GRiSO finally Arrived to me on Friday. Sans any papers, plates, or really anything that the police might accept as legal proof that I do in fact own the bike. After many angry phone calls, and e-mails, I finally received at least a NV temp registration by e-mail, with an official copy being sent out by FedEx. So with at least some documentation I headed out on my first 'Legal' ride around my corner of NY. Stuck to some of the better back country roads, just because I'm not sure how the police might take a printed out copy of a temp registration might go over, but a least I had something on the back of my bike. I have to say, it's exactly the right fit for me. My old sport bikes could easily cost me my license in Police heavy NY(even in the more relaxed rural upstate area). But the GRiSO has the grunt to make me grin, but the lack of a fairing, and a little more upright position put me into the wind enough that I don't feel the need to spend a lot of time at speeds that will be a big threat to my license. Did about a 1hr figure 8 loop to the north of my home. Had gone out figuring I'd go into Vermont, maybe swing by the Hemmings Museum, even though I'm sure they wee closed today. Missed a turn or something, so ended up stayed in NY... but loved the ride, and killed a lot of bugs in the process. Wink Felt like stopping for some ice cream which was part of why I headed towards VT, but with the cool evening air, I really did not need to stop. Looking forward to many more rides.... But not looking forward to having to pull teeth to get the NV dealer to get me all the right papers.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:32 pm

I will be here with my GRiSO this weekend: Jul 12 to Jul 14, 2019
NEW YORK MOTO GUZZI RALLY
RALLY IN THE ADIRONDACKS. Place: Sugar Loaf Mountain Inn, 152 Bryant Siding Road, Mountain View, New York 12969. Bowen and Julie Morris, 518-483-1144. Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Rally fee $50 for Friday and Saturday dinners and two nights camping. Please register so we'll know how much food to order. Send your rally fee to: MGNOC State Rep, Keith Smith, 584 Keese Mills Road, Paul Smiths, New York 12970. For more information: 518-327-3006 or email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:36 pm

guzziownr wrote:
I will be here with my GRiSO this weekend: Jul 12 to Jul 14, 2019
NEW YORK MOTO GUZZI RALLY
RALLY IN THE ADIRONDACKS. Place: Sugar Loaf Mountain Inn, 152 Bryant Siding Road, Mountain View, New York 12969. Bowen and Julie Morris, 518-483-1144. Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Rally fee $50 for Friday and Saturday dinners and two nights camping. Please register so we'll know how much food to order. Send your rally fee to: MGNOC State Rep, Keith Smith, 584 Keese Mills Road, Paul Smiths, New York 12970. For more information: 518-327-3006 or email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I wish I could go, sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately I work Friday and Saturdays. Saturday night we have plans, and Sunday we are stopping by a friends place who's Mother just passed away, so not really any time to get up that way. Have to check into future events now that I do actually have a bike. Although could be difficult in the short term, my partner wants to be involved in any trips I make, but he has only ridden a scooter many decades ago. I hate passengers and mutual friends and their spouses who ride have tried to explain that the GRiSO is not a good bike for riding 2 up. He is considering getting his license and learning to ride, so until he has his own bike, or decides motorcycling is just not for him, I may not be making any big trips. Probably picking up his Helmet this weekend so should have a better idea what he really thinks of motorcycling next week. Once he has his own bike.. then there is the issue that to him, roughing it, is a Marriot.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lots of great riding in your area. My SO reports that the GRiSO pillion is a torture rack so hopefully your partner will take an interest and try riding. A bike like your old CBR would be a good start.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:42 am

My ex SO sat on the back of my GRiSO for 750 kilometres over 2 days with dancing in between and said it was OK. I have since had the seat upgraded with more foam in the pillion area and a slightly different shape and she said it was much better.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:39 am

I made a Kiwi_Roy special. It even works!

I made a massive mess, though. I'm hopeless with timber.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:54 am

You may be hopeless with timber, but you're fucking brilliant with remapping GRiSO's.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:15 am

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:11 pm

..and, Voila! Both wheels off the ground. I'm well chuffed.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:01 pm

FrontRangeRider wrote:
On Sunday, had a great warm, sunny ride through the Wet Mountains down to Rye, Colorado, past Bishop's Castle.  Then we had a wet and cold ride back when thunderstorms moved in.  A little over 200 miles for the out and back.  The weather did not support photos at the castle so I am posting some from a previous visit.  

That's a great place, visited there in 2007/2008.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:44 pm

I was there in 2009, during the MGNOC Salida rally. I thought I took some photographs, but they're a little elusive at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:28 pm

We were there during that rally too. This subject came up in another thread recently, but here are a couple more pictures. Bishop himself was there the day we visited. Crazy place built by one crazy cat!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Up in the mountain somewhere in the south of France close from the Mediterranean sea, a view of the city of Marseille in the back from the so called Espigoulier pass.

Just the cicadas sound is missing to have the big picture Cool

GRiSO behaved very well, driver a little bit less but had a lot of fun.

Beetle map is awesome, fuel consumption is incredibly low on this approx. 180 km loop. Only countryside roads and no city traffic jams.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Thumbs Up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Changed the clutch hydraulic fluid using a vacuum bleeder for the first time. Really easy with me pumping and my son topping up the reservoir as needed, and finishing off with three pump the clutch lever and release and tighten the bleed nipple for good measure.
This has improved the gear change no end....although it clearly needed it as the original fluid had the colour of dish water. I,m not sure what counts as a full service but the previous owner had the bike serviced by a well known dealer to the tune of £500 only 600 miles ago, with the fork oil being part of that service, given the state of the clutch fluid it seems strange to me at least that it was not changed. So gearbox and final drive oil will be on the agenda this weekend just to be sure. The engine oil looks good going by the colour at least.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:20 am

GRiSO has been hesitating under acceleration lately. Only does it after after 30 minutes of riding (or thereabouts), so something is failing once it heats up. Pete reckons it's an injector, so I'll probably be replacing them. I've no idea which one, as they both test fine with GuzziDiag.

I captured the problem with logging software. Note the highlighted area. That's acceleration in fourth gear. You can see when the injector misfires. Throttle (TPS) is the red line. The pink line is lambda. It skyrockets to 1.508 (AFR 22.1) during the misfire. Black line is RPM, and green is engine temperature.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:20 pm

In this case Mark, I would not go and buy a Chinese manufactured one - may be a whole new world of hurt there...
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:19 pm

I'll be off the road for an extended period.  It was an Italian Princess that dumped me but not the GRiSO. Wish I had a reason other than operator error but not the case.
We were camping and I was out for a romp on the Beta 300 RR.  Rode a couple of technical single track trails with no incidents and then headed back to the campground to meet my wife.  I was clearly having too much fun when I failed to negotiate a soft left hand turn on a dirt road.  I high-sided and landed on my right arm on the edge of a berm and my upper arm took all the impact on a small area.  Broke the ball off the head of my humerus and shattered a section of the bone beneath it.  Surgeon used 11 screws and a plate to put me back together; I'll need to be non-load bearing with that arm for four months.

Update - Got through my first followup.  The screws are still holding nicely, in spite of taking a fall when my dog decided to run between my legs while I was negotiating a step.  I'm off the painkillers during the day but still need a low dose at night in order to sleep.  All in all, going well.  Amusing myself lately by reading Malcolm Smith's autobiography.  After reading about all his injuries and seeing photos of his back x-rays, I have nothing to complain about.

Last edited by FrontRangeRider on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Tony wrote:
In this case Mark, I would not go and buy a Chinese manufactured one - may be a whole new world of hurt there...

These are the Siemens Deka injectors I installed when mapping the 1400. I'll not be replacing them with anything else. Yet.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:24 pm

FrontRangeRider wrote:

Ouch!

Shocked

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Yep.  LOL   The pain is easing up, though, as the swelling goes down.  The surgeon said they had to yank on me a lot to line the bones back up, hence all the bruising.  

It is the boredom that is worse and that may drive me insane...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]

I can feel that pain from here - good luck with your recovery.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:00 pm

beetle wrote:

Tony wrote:

These are the Siemens Deka injectors I installed when mapping the 1400. I'll not be replacing them with anything else. Yet.

Good!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:28 pm

FrontRangeRider wrote:

It is the boredom that is worse and that may drive me insane...

I know exactly how you feel.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next