GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Brand NEW owner looking for modification info

Go down 
+12
janguzzi
Steak
PilotJet
beetle
Dave Swanson
Papa Lazarou
Street
Pete Roper
ecs
Bill Hagan
odder
Groovitz
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Groovitz
Carlotto
Carlotto
Groovitz

Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Empty
PostSubject: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2020 7:09 am

So, I'm exactly ONE day into ownership of this 2017 GRiSO 1200 SE and two objects jump out and demand immediate removal and/or replacement. The Godawful Monster exhaust can and the black charcoal filled coffee can under the right side foot peg. I’m sure I’ll need a re-map for a much shorter and less restrictive exhaust, but I don’t know where to start with that. And the ugly coffee can removal procedure. Any help is appreciated. The bike is bone stock with 150 miles on it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2020 7:40 am

Peruse this thread, many to choose from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2020 9:32 am

Many share your view of the OEM can, but you might consider not swapping it out immediately.  Time might change your mind and save you lot$ of money.

Remember that play ...  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Best,

Bill
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2020 9:50 am

Groovitz wrote:
So, I'm exactly ONE day into ownership of this 2017 GRiSO 1200 SE and two objects jump out and demand immediate removal and/or replacement. The Godawful Monster exhaust can and the black charcoal filled coffee can under the right side foot peg. I’m sure I’ll need a re-map for a much shorter and less restrictive exhaust, but I don’t know where to start with that. And the ugly coffee can removal procedure. Any help is appreciated. The bike is bone stock with 150 miles on it. Thanks.

Congrats on the bike, I have exactly the same. Where are you in Florida?

If you really don't like the stock exhaust, then the exhaust thread odder put up is the best then go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to download the exhaust specific map from Mark. Might pay to try out Mark's stock exhaust map first though.  Guzzidiag software is free and the cables are readily available online.  

The coffee can removal is pretty simple, just make it like a rest of the world bike. You need two M6x20 hex socket screws and two 6.25x10x1.5 washers to plug the holes on the throttle bodies.  You will reuse the three way union which is #9 on the first figure and place it at #16 on the second figure.

This is what you have now. The short #6 hose is an open ended rain drain from the tank ring. The longer #6 is the fuel vapor line. You are going to remove #10,#11,#14 from the sides of the throttle bodies.

You want to make it look like this European / Australian one.  Part #16 below is a 5mm dia 3 way union which you recycle from #9 in the first figure.

Part #11, #12 below are the hex socket screw and washer you use to plug the holes in the throttle bodies.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2020 5:17 pm

On the subject of exhausts if you do a bit of research on this site you will find that for optimum performance short exhausts are not a good way to go with the 8V motor. There are multiple reasons for this and the recommendation to run a dB killer which it's not worth enumerating again here but the long and the short of it, (Pun intended.) is that while a short pipe may give you a little bit more power at the top end it will gut the bottom end and midrange due to its effect on harmonics and volumetric efficiency at lower RPM.

Don't be tempted by aftermarket air filters either. They are unnecessary and don't.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 pm

...taste very good either.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2020 6:29 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Groovitz! There are a few of us who love the stock shotgun, but you know the saying about opinions.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2020 12:23 am

ride it for a bit and then worry about improving the ride first. like you, the first things I did were the cosmetic ones-exhaust etc (except a Beetle map and getting rid of the dreadful OE tyres).

what I should have been concentrating on was making it more comfortable for longer distances. handlebars, risers, footpegs, seat, suspension. these ended up being more important.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2020 5:18 am

Street wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto, Groovitz! There are a few of us who love the stock shotgun, but you know the saying about opinions.

Pete (Street)

I am sending you an invoice, Pete, for cost of repairing my MacBook Pro, as a result of spewing a mouthful of coffee on screen and keypad after reading your post. cheers

Yes, I really do like the look and sound of the stout stocker. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2020 5:36 am

The connoisseurs choice!  Wink   The Mistral High Pipe, db killer in,  Beetle map, and Roper spec tune up.  I believe the consensus is that this is one of the best combos for improved mid range.  

Pure bliss!  But the stock pipe ain't bad either.  

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
I am sending you an invoice, Pete, for cost of repairing my MacBook Pro, as a result of spewing a mouthful of coffee on screen and keypad after reading your post. cheers

Sorry about that, Bill. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Groovitz
Carlotto
Carlotto
Groovitz

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 11:00 am

WOW! You guys are great! Thanks for all the useful info. I was looking at GTM's under body exhaust, but Pete Roper has maybe changed my mind on that. The high pipe is cool too, but I may put bags on this bike and I don't want that to interfere. As far as the OEM can is concerned, my personal belief is that it is that LARGE & HEAVY because some emissions GEEK came up with some INSANE rules that we have been handed. AND that same GEEK has never, will never, own, touch, or think about a motorcycle!!! So I should play by this LOSERS rules... ummmm NO!!! If I'm not wrong, I think MoGu discontinued the GRiSO because the EU Emissions crap was killing the heart & soul of this bike.

PS: Sorry about the rant, I know I just got here. I'll try to behave more next time silent

Steph
South West Florida, Naples area
Back to top Go down
Groovitz
Carlotto
Carlotto
Groovitz

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 11:03 am

Thank you ECS. Very nice instructions & diagram. Thumbs Up

Steph
Back to top Go down
Groovitz
Carlotto
Carlotto
Groovitz

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 11:13 am

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 am

Groovitz wrote:
WOW! You guys are great! Thanks for all the useful info. I was looking at GTM's under body exhaust, but Pete Roper has maybe changed my mind on that. The high pipe is cool too, but I may put bags on this bike and I don't want that to interfere. As far as the OEM can is concerned, my personal belief is that it is that LARGE & HEAVY because some emissions GEEK came up with some INSANE rules that we have been handed. AND that same GEEK has never, will never, own, touch, or think about a motorcycle!!! So I should play by this LOSERS rules... ummmm NO!!! If I'm not wrong, I think MoGu discontinued the GRiSO because the EU Emissions crap was killing the heart & soul of this bike.

PS: Sorry about the rant, I know I just got here. I'll try to behave more next time silent  

Steph
South West Florida, Naples area

Silent?

Nah, then you'd deserve to be banned.

You are simply wrong, as the large can is art, and you are a Philistine for thinking you have a better eye than an Italian moto-designer. cheers

Nothing personal, you understand; we all have our flaws. Razz

Bill

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 11:18 am

Wait.

Just saw your last post.

I take it all back.

You obviously appreciate art. I am a Neanderthal. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 11:59 am

Nice riding boots!

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Ooh!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 2:51 pm

I didn't even notice that!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 2:59 pm

I did. Looks good.
Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 pm

I didn't even see a motorcycle in that picture.
Back to top Go down
Groovitz
Carlotto
Carlotto
Groovitz

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2020 6:56 am

Woofer & Tweeter exhaust! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2020 11:39 am

Groovitz, ABS killed the GRiSO, but yours seems to have gone to heaven.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 pm

The stock exhaust sounds good and delivers good performance but the looks ... and it covers too much of the single sided swingarm.

Here is my solution
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Groovitz
Carlotto
Carlotto
Groovitz

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2020 6:06 am

Thanks Janguzzi. Looks & sounds good! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand NEW owner looking for modification info   Brand NEW owner looking for modification info Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Brand NEW owner looking for modification info
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next