GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Seat Finally Collected

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

New Seat Finally Collected Empty
PostSubject: New Seat Finally Collected   New Seat Finally Collected Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Finally got round to collecting the seat I'd had made last year - what with winter and then lockdown, it's the first chance I'd had.  Bought a new standard seat and took it to a local trimmer who's done work for me previously.  He formed a new hump at the rear, covered it in Alcantara and fitted a gel pad.  Sold the cover and strap to off-set some of the costs.  Damn sight cheaper than a Corbin.  Not been far yet, but it feels more comfy than the stock one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Seat Finally Collected   New Seat Finally Collected Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2020 4:55 pm

green white and red stitching - nice touch Dave!
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: New Seat Finally Collected   New Seat Finally Collected Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2020 7:32 pm

Nice job on that seat.

I've thought of doing something similar.
I'm not really a fan of how the stock seat overhangs the tail.
My wife will never ride on the back so trimming it similar to what you've done is on my list.
Back to top Go down
Spruce Goose
Carlotto
Carlotto
Spruce Goose

PostSubject: Turn signals   New Seat Finally Collected Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:44 am

Hey Dave seat looks amazing. The tricolor pinstriping is top notch! I did the license plate relocator as well but what did you do for the turn signals? I like your setup better than what i did. Thx - Mark
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: New Seat Finally Collected   New Seat Finally Collected Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:10 pm

Spruce Goose wrote:
Hey Dave seat looks amazing.  The tricolor pinstriping is top notch!  I did the license plate relocator as well but what did you do for the turn signals? I like your setup better than what i did. Thx - Mark

Thanks Mark - the seat turned out better than I'd hoped for, and after riding it a bit, it's comfier than the original.  Surprising the support the hump gives as well

I used a KC34 side mount.  They supplied me with relocating brackets which fit directly into the mounting points under the tail.  Although they'd be fairly easy to have fabricated up by a local fabricator

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Seat Finally Collected   New Seat Finally Collected Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Seat Finally Collected
Page 1 of 1