GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels

Go down 
+25
Street
Birch
GUZ21
HLMiskelly
Grisonut
spanner
plantboy
little750
sgw01
Steak
wardest
grisorosso
Ahdammit
beetle
mark111
tocino
Guzziboy66
Pete Roper
Scot p
Uzidzit
Canyon Carver
Oz1200Guzzi
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Spitzen farten und mitten grabben!

That tank totally transforms the Bellagio. Me likey!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:53 am

+1, that looks really great.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:04 am

I agree. Transformed the bike for the better.
Good job!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:53 pm

Over adjusted the fuel level sender, I've got a 250m initial reserve. Light comes on, count to 10 and then cough ......................... and the fire goes out. Lay bike over hard left and my secondary reserve is good for another 2.5km. Ran out twice on boxing day, 1st time top of range and coasted a kilometre into Yarraman. No fuel but a bloke mowing his lawn gave me 2 litres to get to Nanango. Second time it died within sight of my destination, Biloela. Did the secondary reserve thing and it coughed and died within coasting distance of the first servo in town. Max range is about 260km when I'm in a hurry.

Did the Queen Mary Falls loop today, outback of Boonah and over the border. Beautiful and green after all the recent rain. Will stop and take photos next time. Came home via Legume to Woodenbong, this is the roughest road I've ever encountered on the East coast of Australia. It is all sealed but is called the 'Melon Patch' by the locals for good reason. Some of the mid corner woops would do justice to a supercross track. Previous rides here with sorted suspension had been acceptable, but the lighter wheels have just made it that much smoother.

Bella is now an absolute delight to ride in such terrain, finally got the total compliance I've been searching for.
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2015 7:33 am

Was perusing the net and noticed this.

Wheel and Hub ipothesys

ghezzi is ahead of his time
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 12:10 am

Damn - molto bella Ghezzi....in a manly kinda way of course Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto
HLMiskelly

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 12:32 pm

What are the options for alloy wheels fitting the 2015 GRiSO 1200 8V SE?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 2:43 pm

You can use any of the Brembo/Marchesini cast alloy wheels from pre-SE GRiSOs (or Brevas, Norges, 1200 Sports, and early Stelvios)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto
HLMiskelly

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks, Steak. No problem mounting brake disks (bolt pattern the same)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 3:21 pm

All the CARC bikes including the Bellagio use the same swingarm/diff/brake disc/caliper and wheel stud bolt pattern. I haven't checked the length of the 4 wheel studs.

Also the BMW R1100/1150 4 stud wheel is a direct fit ..................
except it is 0.030" off centre and brake disc mount is all different, meaning not only alignment but also speedo trigger will need re-engineering. The only reason I mention BMW wheels is if you find a light weight version, it is doable.

While Rossopurro do lovely work they use wheels designed for Ducati/MV etc which are offset, as in those bikes have hub bearings mounted on the centre line of the wheel.
Guzzi/BMW set up have the wheel bearings in the diff housing, which means our bikes have increased lateral loads on the bearings. Using an offset wheel with a wide hub spacing (refer Wardest's post), to incorporate the cush drive system (extra weight), which we don't need as its in the transmission, increases the lateral loads so it has triple demerit points in my view. But if their 2000 Euro included the wheels its a bargain.

BST's and my home grown engineering will cost about AUD$8000, come ride it and you'll imitate the crow. FAAAARRRRKK!!! Bring ya heavyweight GRiSO, they'll drop straight in, and you'll still go FAAAARRRRKK!!! But what do I know, I'm just a dumb arsed High school drop out from Ipswich.

Meanwhile, anybody come across a set of Ohlin's upsidedunnies (FG434) or anything more than 800mm in length, please let me know. (Multistrada/Hypermotard etc)
Next mod includes triples with a 27 - 30mm offset ......................
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 1:56 am

Well well, interesting stuff, Wayne...

Gotta keep these GRiSO guys on their toes with a bit of customisation. Here's my Bella outside the York pub in its present incarnation.

Cheers Richard
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Would love one of those BST's for the GRiSO in the rear. Be easier to swap an RSV front and get the wheel!
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Just watched the video again after quite some time. Never seen this particular sign around these parts - what exactly does it mean?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:35 pm

No rabbits allowed - ever! It's a Queensland thing - please explain!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:32 am

Waskilly Wabbits have always been a problem in Oz.  Introduced from England for hunting sport along with Foxes they have both caused no end of grief with the smaller native animals. Rabbits eat the food the native animals need, foxes eat the animals themselves. They are both very beautiful creatures but if they are risking the extinction of some of our native critters , they have to go
                                                              Acid Bath
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:20 am

The wabbits were introduced by George Austin who built a multi room two story mansion about 25km from my place. He brought them out to Oz because he wanted to hunt something he could use for food (at that time no one except the aborigines would eat kangaroo). They had no natural predators and they thrived here and now cover just about all of Australia. I know all this because my father was an historian and a teacher and insisted that I learn something about the Geelong area.Apparently it stuck. Totally useless info for every one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:05 am

Forget the wabbits Wal, watch this video;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:49 am

That's a pretty sweet piece of road, Wayne.

Thanks for the input on the wabbits, guys. It's never been a good idea to introduce non-native species, plants or animals. It usually does come back to bite. And bunnies, well, they fuck like bunnies!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:10 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Front wheel is done, just need to fit my Michy PP3 and new rotors. Bonny SE front guard is on the shopping list. Using the RS250 wheel we needed disc spacers 6.7mm thick and 2 different axle spacers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

For the past 2 years I have run with my forks raised thru the clamps by 13mm. The difference in tyre radius between my old 18" Pilot Road 3, and my new 17" Pilot Power 3 is exactly 13mm. So I have moved the forks back down to their original position. A lap of the car park on the 125/80 slick and the steering is lighter/quicker.

For the GRiSO a Ducati SC1000 or Monster wheel would be a lot closer to direct fit.
This is a track only bike??

Chris
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Daily ride no less
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Chris, the wheels came with free rim protectors (slicks), they were only used in the car park.
This is my version of a touring bike, comfy on the 600km journey to my favourite road, then ballistic in the tight bends I like.
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:28 am

ghezzi wrote:
Chris, the wheels came with free rim protectors (slicks), they were only used in the car park.
This is my version of a touring bike, comfy on the 600km journey to my favourite road, then ballistic in the tight bends I like.
That is quite remarkable. Smile

Rim protectors, aye, I am getting that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:02 am

This is today's job completed. Ducati front end with a "temporary guard" fitted.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:42 am

Nice work Wayne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:06 am

Got my stink wheels up and running.
140 kg with stock wheels, might have to get some carbon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by ghezzi on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels   ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels - Page 7 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ghezzi tech: the quest for lighter wheels
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next