GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Green or White?

Go down 
+8
rick pope
PJPR01
SMTCapeCod
Steak
Leone
paulbrice
lcjohnny
Cantaloop
12 posters

Which Colour for the GRiSO?
Pearl White
Green or White? I_vote_lcap57%Green or White? I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 12 ]
Tenni-Green
Green or White? I_vote_lcap43%Green or White? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 9:28 am

Ok, finally I collected all needed parts to have a complete second kit. My first Idea was to paint it in GRiSO Tenni-Style green matte. But when trying to find out the measurements of the decals I figured out that Fuel tank and covers are in a good condition and it matches perfectly to the Tenni-Seat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Now I like to ask you guys... what would you prefer.... pearl-white or tenni-green? Wheels will be painted in copperdark-metallic

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 9:58 am

Cantaloop

It is worth considering that white is faster.....

Cantaloop likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 10:06 am

9 out of 10 women prefer the Tenni Green colour (based on feedback I've had)....

Cantaloop, lcjohnny and Mango like this post

Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 10:25 am

If this would have been easy, I would not ask...
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 11:07 am

The bodywork has original paint in great condition (a huge plus in my opinion), and you're right, it goes well with the seat.

I also appreciate having a correctable clear-coat, you have to be so careful around matte finishes. Additionally, pearl white is somewhat rare, and will look incredible after a detail (I use a 3" orbital and the more gentle Sonax polishes here, but not on my Black Devil of course!).

Keep the white for a while and see how you like it... switch to Green later if you need to.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 11:53 am

That's a toss up, a real conundrum, I like them both...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm

I like most, love the Tenni. Though I'd have to think about removing the stripes...

That said, if I had your dilemma I'd lean toward keeping the white with the Tenni seat.
Because one of none is inherently cool, and because as you said, the color combo seems to work great (including the Guzzi badge).

And if you really still can't decide, there is/was a set of Tenni tins for sale in Guzzitech classifieds for a long time, which surprised me.

Last edited by SMTCapeCod on Thu May 13, 2021 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Man that is a hard choice...the white looks really good. I think I’d go with the white for a year and then decide later about painting it...sort of like a vanilla and chocolate combo...goes well together!

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 7:25 pm

Before I scrolled down to the pictures, I would have said green. But the white with that brown seat stole my heart.

Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 7:52 pm

White hast more friends here than in Europe. I would call this macchiato. :-)
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Forgot to mention... If I go for diamond White I have to paint the rear cover and the front mudguard. Can do it myself with spray cans. If I decide to go for Tenni green, I need to go to a professional painter. May be I would not use a matte finish... My Stelvio NTX is green matte already. Prefer glossy...
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 pm

Prefer your first options to glossy Tenni....but I can see not wanting two bikes of the same sheen that may have slightly different shades of green. I'm sure you'll have a great looking machine- nice to see the investment of forethought!

Last edited by SMTCapeCod on Fri May 14, 2021 6:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Decision had to be taken...    Green or White? Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2021 6:16 am

Ok, thank you guys for your thoughts and comments. Unfortunately i figured out: the white colour is not available. Have been talking to a painter, he made a good offer, so I will get it painted in Tenni-Green. Biggest problem: where to get a vector file for cutting the stripes. Anyone who could help with these? Decals are available - but for an insane price - nearly the price the painter was asking for the whole job.
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2021 6:56 am

I'd sure be inclined to have the graphics done in paint, too. For a bike of my own, I think I'd want to have something custom done that recalled, but was not the same as, the Tenni stripes. Again, probably for undue expense and complexity. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BrandX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BrandX

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2021 12:26 pm

Cantaloop wrote:
White hast more friends here than in Europe. I would call this macchiato. :-)

Right,but (Black Bikes Matter) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Voted white as well.

3 colors I considered
Laverda Orange
The fire/flou red on early Aprilia futura
green from the red framed V11s
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2021 12:59 pm

Just wondering if you took the white parts to an automotive paint shop,
they should be able to analyze and mix a matching colour.

That's how I got the colour for my GRiSO. I went to a big hardware store, picked the colour card
that I liked, took it to Resene and got them to mix it in a 2 pack paint (Durepox)
Then sprayed automotive 2 pack clear over it as a final coat.

You only need a small compressor and cheap gravity fed touchup gun to do the job.

Single pack spray can paints are no where near as robust as 2 pack and it's very unlikely that you'd
get a perfect colour match.
Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2021 8:49 pm

I'm a little late to the party and it sounds like you've already made up your mind, but I prefer the white too. Tenni is beautiful and classic, but I think the white is the bomb!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2021 1:23 am

Most paintshops have too many colour options & it's surely hard to not find something close ?. Guess it depends whether you are going for 'concourse/OEM exact' look, or something that just looks lovely Wink ; but personally I would choose closest colour(s) to what I prefer. I wouldn't put stripes or decals or stick-on bits....but paint option allows you mixed colours, fades & painted graphics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green or White? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green or White?   Green or White? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Green or White?
Page 1 of 1