GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker

Go down 
+8
austoolman
bioman
whitmire
JohnA
Street
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Steedracer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:11 pm

Hello all! I’ve been longing for a GRiSO for quite some time.  After riding bikes when I was younger, I finally dipped my toe back in the water three years ago, with a 1980 Suzuki GS1100L (I like to tinker).  It was fun, I have sorted that bike out quite a bit.  But I landed on the GRiSO as my next bike soon thereafter, and I’ve finally made it a reality!  I have bought an ‘07 GRiSO 1100 here in middle TN that looks great with some tasteful updates. Super stoked and I know that with the Suzuki, a strong forum like this was essential in getting advice and learning about the bike.  I look forward to learning about the GRiSO here in the Ghetto.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Steedracer
Arrington, TN

2007 Moto Guzzi 1100

beetle, Spruce Goose and BowraBoy like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:22 pm

Welcome

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:25 pm

Welcome Steedracer. Is it me or is your front tyre on back to front?
Back to top Go down
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:38 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Welcome Steedracer. Is it me or is your front tyre on back to front?
Wow..As I look at it, I see what you are saying. I did go out and look at it though, and the direction arrows are correct on both tires. They are Pirelli’s. Hmm. Interesting (and good eye!).
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:54 pm

Maybe the arrow is on the wrong way? Just looks like it might concentrate wet stuff onto the tyre instead of moving it away.
Back to top Go down
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:27 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Maybe the arrow is on the wrong way? Just looks like it might concentrate wet stuff onto the tyre instead of moving it away.
I agree with you. I think the rotation error in backwards. I’ll do some internet searches tomorrow and see if that shows up anywhere, with those specific Pirelli’s. I’ll also consult a shop about remounting it the opposite way.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:28 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto Steedracer!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:37 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I just learned something. They are actually mounted correctly. Here is a video where the guy eventually explains it (something about the front and rear work together, with the front “clearing the way” for the rear to have good traction. Still a bit troubling just to look at it though.
Pirelli Tire mounting

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:17 am

Yeah those are Angle GT’s. I’m on my second set and they are just like that.
Welcome!

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
whitmire
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
whitmire

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:43 am

Very nice scooter(exactly like mine).What type of seat is that one?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:19 am

Seat is a Corbin "gunfighter" like many of us have............and about $630 delivered in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:29 am

JohnA wrote:
Seat is a Corbin "gunfighter" like many of us have............and about $630 delivered in the U.S.
 Thanks!  I didn't know that.  I need to get a list of the upgrades/mods from the PO...I recall Guzzitech ECU flash and autotune for exhaust, Guzzitech exhaust, K&S mirrors, Guzzitech rear fender eliminator, LED Headlamp,& the pegs and shifter/brake are all lowered.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:51 am

Congratulations with your new bike and welcome to the forum.  That looks like a tasty GRiSO with lots of mods that may or may not be to everyone's taste.  I happen to like those mirrors - while I never understood the need for those header wraps!

(P.S. You may want to check in with Beetle re the pros & cons of your Guzzitech map...)

Last edited by bioman on Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:07 pm

bioman wrote:
Congratulations with your new bike and welcome to the forum.  That looks like a tasty GRiSO with lots of mods that may or may not be to everyone's taste.  I happen to like those mirrors - but never saw the beauty of those header wraps!

(P.S. You may want to check in with Beetle re the pros & cons of your Guzzitech map...)
Thanks...looks like I'll have to reach out to Beetle! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
austoolman
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
austoolman

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:31 am

Hi Steedracer,
I trust your experience is as good as mine. I have a 2009 8v. Just replaced fork seals. These are the FIRST spare parts fitted ever, ignoring tyres and 1 set of brake pads. This is an awesome ride. The best tip: change all oils every 5000km. I've done this 11 times....

Steedracer likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:07 am

Welcome Steedracer

Pretty bike

Steedracer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:59 am

Thanks! Appreciate the comments!
Back to top Go down
Dark Helmet
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Dark Helmet

PostSubject: Congrats, I just bought an 07 GRiSO as well.   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:01 am

The Italians make the sexiest motorcycles, especially MG. I fell in love with a limited edition Copa Italia 10 years or so ago. Wish I’d have bought it, but the GRiSO is a beauty as well! Bought mine from a friend. Enjoy your ride!
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:09 am

Looks as if the Evap canister has been deleted
Have to look into that when I get mine home
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:24 am

Welcome!
Fit right in here being a spanner man Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker   New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO Owner; Longtime Lurker
Page 1 of 1