GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

gear box hose to nowhere......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

gear box hose to nowhere...... Empty
PostSubject: gear box hose to nowhere......   gear box hose to nowhere...... Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:52 am

I need assistance please.
Last week I worked on replacing my "blow by hoses". Had to move the tank and take the battery box out etc. This is a replacement tank I lined with expoxy and had installed by MPH Cycles in Houston because I was a newbie to the bike and maybe wasn't even signed up here yet. So, this is the first time the tank has been taken off and the battery box out. When I removed the battery box I found this lose hose just laying in there (pictured), which has obviously been that way for 7 years. It appears to be part number AP8101595 and it's called a "fuel hose". It runs into the top of the gear box. I can't see what it's supposed to be connected to (even after looking at the parts manual). Now I did do a canisterectomy years ago but I don't remember this being part of that and it's behind the battery box, that I never had that out its been that way for a very long time. I also found a pinched fuel overflow drain line that I rerouted so it wasn't laying under the battery.
Can someone tell me if I should just let this line "breathe" or plug it? There is no markings on the end of it as you can see that show it was clamped to anything.
As always, many thanks!

John

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: gear box hose to nowhere......   gear box hose to nowhere...... Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:03 pm

Did some more searching and reading here. It appears to be the gearbox breather........but it seems odd to just hang out and breathe........I still need a sanity check.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: gear box hose to nowhere......   gear box hose to nowhere...... Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Correct. It's routed atop the battery box from top of gearbox. Connects to nothing just allowed to breath in a "dry" area. Routing is correct. At least that's how mine has always been after canister removal.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: gear box hose to nowhere......   gear box hose to nowhere...... Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:39 pm

Yep, I was just looking at that hose yesterday when I cleaned out the airbox. I put it right back where I found it!

Gootzibird13 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: gear box hose to nowhere......   gear box hose to nowhere...... Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:24 pm

Yup, that's where it sits.

It's only purpose is to allow the air in the gearbox to expand and vent to atmosphere rather than pressurising the gearbox. The old Tonti framed bikes had a similar set up. The V11 series used an identical 'Top hat' breather to that fitted to the CARC bevelbox. Unfortunately it was directly in line with the throw off spray from the rear wheel in the wet and was utterly unprotected resulting in a gearbox full of water if you rode in the rain!

Obviously the engineers made a note of that and when the gearbox was redesigned for the CARC bikes the breather nipple was moved off centre and refitted with a hose. It must work as you don't get water in a Nuovo six speed.

lcjohnny and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: gear box hose to nowhere......   gear box hose to nowhere...... Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:45 am

Thanks to all the replies…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gear box hose to nowhere......   gear box hose to nowhere...... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

gear box hose to nowhere......
Page 1 of 1