GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Low mileage in Canada

Go down 
+11
wyno
lcjohnny
Leone
SMTCapeCod
Omnis
BowraBoy
Pete Roper
beetle
bioman
guzziownr
jack5092
15 posters
AuthorMessage
jack5092
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jack5092

Low mileage in Canada Empty
PostSubject: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:29 am

General question for everyone. I live in Ontario Canada. When looking for used bikes to buy (as one does) I always notice that any grisos for sale are always very low mileage. I don’t think I’ve seen a used GRiSO with more than 9000 km on it. And that one I bought. Compare this to other bikes of the same age and they are higher mileage. Much more what I would consider normal usage. So what’s the deal with grisos? Do people get spooked by the lack of dealer network after falling for the good looks? Is it minor faults with the bike scaring riders off? Let me know if you have any thoughts.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:44 am

In the U.S. I think a lot of Grisos are second or third bikes purchased by older riders. My bike had two previous owners and has less than 6K miles!

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:15 am

The GRiSO is an exotic beauty and it is easy to fall in love, but perhaps (like most exotic beauties) the owners (mostly men) then realise that the GRiSO can be a handful to ride. One of Mark's maps can make a big difference but many don't even reach that stage. And add to that the lack of dealerships and (perceived) lack of support to assist with potential technical issues in the future and I guess that is enough for some to throw in the towel at an early stage.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:32 pm

55K Kilometres on mine. Pete's cracked 100K on one of his I think.

It might be a it's a case of love, or love not. Also doesn't hurt that we can ride all year round.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm

140,000+ on my 2008 now. The second one is a youngster, we reckon sub-25,000. The wreck that will be going to NZ has 32,000 from memory.

Wyno's bike, which is a 2012 I think, must be getting on for 250,000 by now if not more.......

Like any modern machine they'll last a long time if you look after them. If you do stupid shit to them because you don't know what you're doing then they'll go wrong! Fancy that? Whoever would of guessed? Knock me down with a feather! Etc.........
Back to top Go down
jack5092
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jack5092

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:49 am

Dealer / support network is not great here so that's likely it. So, key take away for people is of you want a low mileage GRiSO, come to Ontario. Lol
Been liking mine so far. Quirky Italian for sure. But a fun ride. Put a thousand ks on it so far this summer and looking forward to putting more on it. Just need an after market exhaust and some adjustable levers.

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:20 am

Mine's coming up to 100,000km but needed serious work at 80,000km due to dodgy local mechanic - fixed by Pete and Mike, including new throttle body (ouch!).
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:06 am

Current 2017 GRiSO : 46,500km, previous GRiSO 2012 : 79,000km before the crash !

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:57 pm

jack5092 wrote:
Dealer / support network is not great here so that's likely it. So, key take away for people is of you want a low mileage GRiSO, come to Ontario. Lol

I think that is likely the case in many places, and a good part of the reason. People buy at low mileage, some perhaps due to looks ore reputation and perhaps lacking mechanical skills...then parse out the miles thinking of how much closer they'll be to the next required service. Or probably for some, how far past the next service that they've already pushed their luck.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:13 am

The GRiSO seems to have a narrow "sweet spot", and can be quite awful to ride before it's sorted (and it will be up to the owner to sort in most cases, as the typical dealer will only make things worse).
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:44 am

Even in England we do some miles - my 2008 has 43k miles (69,000 kms)
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:56 pm

Mine's only done 178,000 now Pete. I've been driving patients for the local hospital to their appointments up to 3 times per week so I haven't had the opportunity to ride as often as I want. Plus there's over an acre of garden that needs constant work. I did manage to take the bike out yesterday and the day before.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:17 am

Well, it seems like a similar situation in Europe. I bought mine in Holland, one elderly gent owner, very few miles, bike was too much for him. I'm putting about 10k miles per year on mine.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:39 am

Lazlokovacs wrote:
. I'm putting about 10k miles per year on mine.

Thats a lot of miles!

impressed cheers
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:53 pm

transport!
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:20 pm

The key for me is that I’ve enjoyed almost as much time learning to wrench on it as I have riding it (8k miles since I brought it home in January). Without the Ghetto that would not have happened and I might still be riding around on any old 400cc appliance.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:04 pm

I’m finding the (lack of) comfort a bit of a bear but about $3k (new shock and forks upgraded) will hopefully get that to a stage where I reckon it’s a keeper. Up til now I get a real sore back from being kicked in pants by standard setup. Just bought it for day trips so lack of fairing may tell yet.
Love the engine and looks
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:03 pm

jack5092 wrote:
General question for everyone. I live in Ontario Canada. When looking for used bikes to buy (as one does) I always notice that any grisos for sale are always very low mileage. I don’t think I’ve seen a used GRiSO with more than 9000 km on it. And that one I bought. Compare this to other bikes of the same age and they are higher mileage. Much more what I would consider normal usage. So what’s the deal with grisos? Do people get spooked by the lack of dealer network after falling for the good looks? Is it minor faults with the bike scaring riders off? Let me know if you have any thoughts.

No faults or issues with mine, love riding it and it is low mileage (about 9,ooo km).  It is one of four bikes in my stable; since my wife decided she liked riding off road, virtually all of my miles have been adventure rides.  I bought the GRiSO when I had a Yamaha Super Tenere; the Tenere was a bit boring and I wanted something more exciting.  Now that my main ride is a KTM 1290 Super Adventure, I find I don't ride the GRiSO as much because the 1290 isn't boring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low mileage in Canada   Low mileage in Canada Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Low mileage in Canada
Page 1 of 1